2D Game Artist and Illustrator available for work!

I am a 2D artist specialized in character and creature illustration, currently with three years of experience in the industry. My passion lies in bringing to life the fantastical worlds that my clients and I envision, and I strive for my work to have impact wherever it is used.

I deliver high quality work at a fast pace for which I expect reasonable compensation. I am always willing to negotiate prices, but requests to work for free will be ignored. Currently I am available for freelance commissions, projects or part-time employment so long as relocation is not a must. 

Below are some examples of my work, if you'd like to see more please visit my portfolio. To contact me, you can either send me an e-mail at ilse_gort@live.nl or you can send me a note here.

Thank you for reading!
- Ilse

Sinew by LhuneArt  Dragon by LhuneArt
the General by LhuneArt  Shiva by LhuneArt

Warbeast by LhuneArt  Apollo by LhuneArt

Comments10
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
just a question, is it true that you need university grade diploma for most of the job in the game/media/computer industry ?
No. For as long as I have worked in the industry, no-one has ever asked for my papers and I doubt anyone will. Your portfolio and resume are what counts.
so what you actualy need is experience related to the job ? 

and i asume those fancy higher study they offer are a trap for naive people.   thats interesting. im glad i randomly came across someone who actualy have such a job.

thank for enlightening me.
Oh, I wouldn't say that art educations are useless. I think a lot of artists do benefit from them, and in very rare cases a company might prefer an artist with a degree over an artist without one, but the answer to the question "Do you need a degree to be a successful artist?" is quite simply "No.". 

Jobs for larger companies do usually require that you have some experience in the field, but in the end what matters most is the quality of your work and how easy you are to work with.
thank you enlightening me.
Not entirely, from what I hear a good art school (one where teachers actually have industry experience) is helpful in many ways - the diploma just isn't one of them. And your bank account isn't either, they're generally pretty expensive, and so are plenty of the not-so-great schools. If you can afford it though, I've heard many people recommend school, if only for the networking opportunity. It's hard to get really qualified critique outside of a school setting, and you'll improve much faster with good feedback. A good school also pushes you harder than you'd probably be able to push yourself. It depends on your personality a bit, some people learn great on their own, others do better with instruction and structure. And being surrounded by likeminded people is a boost to inspiration and motivation as well, one that most artists aren't lucky enough to experience without going to school. Everything has its pros and cons, I guess. But yeah, if there's any job you don't need a diploma for, it's this one.
i understand. thank you
nope you really don't, no qualification is a substitute for a good portfolio