Fresh Off The Press Comic Book Writer And Artist Ready For Work to Feed Himself

Hello All, my name is Mike and I am a comic book artist who is going to be graduating in a few months with a degree in sequential arts. Besides drawing, I especially love and able to write a wide range of stories, as well as their scripts. I can work with both American style comics and Manga. I am willing to collaborate with other artists on top of seeking a future employment. If anyone in the comic book business is interested in having me work with them on any kind of project, I would especially be interested in hearing some stuff about that, but one can only hope. However in the mean time I have been trying to collaborate with other artist, but It doesn't seem like I have met any serious hard working artist yet that are willing to go the distance. 

I can offer my services in scriptwriting, storyboarding, character concepts, inking, lettering, and some other kinds of concept design. 

I also offer commissions if anyone is interested in having me draw a picture and or caricature of them or a friend. Especially if you like my style of artwork.

Please take a look at my gallery to see some examples of some of my work, more will be uploaded on a regular basis. 

Commission Prices:

Commission Drawing- 10$
Inked Black and White Drawing- 15$
Digital Color Drawing- 20$

Comic Book Pages Prices: 

Story/Script Writing- 15$ a page
Inked Pages- 20$ a page
Digital Color Flatting- 10$ a page
Digital Color Render- 25$ a page
Storyboarding-10$ a page

My Gallery is also open for potential purchases, if anyone likes my art please free to send me message, or if you have any other questions. I will also work for free hibachi food, it is my only weakness. 
Comments27
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Well, it's going to be usually 3-4 panels per strip, the vast majority of the story between just two people but with a few crowd scenes at the beginning (takes place at a magic show). Does $20 per page sound fair to you?
I think that sounds good to me, typically for a comic page I would charge more, but this is just going to be 13 pages with a few panels per strip so 20$ seems fair to me. Are there any deadlines or are you pretty flexible with the deadlines? I am finishing my last class for college this semester before I graduate and most of my time needs to go towards getting help and finishing my english papers. I have a lot of revisions between now and the end of the semester, but that doesn't mean I won't have time to work on the strips. I can definitely make time, it just might be hard for me to make time to finish all 13 within a month. My class ends I think early to mid May, so I am almost done. I don't know if your alright with me maybe doing a few pages maybe between now and the end of my semester and finish the rest at a faster pace after I graduate or if we could maybe work something out with deadlines and such? I know I will be able to do at least some of the work, but it's hard to say if I will be able to finish it all before I graduate, I might it just depends on my class work and such but I would be able to tell you a better estimate after I see the script and see what I have to work with. I would be able to tell how fast I could draw the pages and ink them, some might be faster then others but I don't think the pages would be crazy time consuming, but I would have to see. You can email me the script either on DA if you like or email me at drummermike89@gmail.com 

Anyways thanks so much for letting me work on your project and let me know the details and we can discuss the plans further. 
Oh don't worry, I was only needing a minimum one a week. I normally update my comic twice a week, this was going to be an extra story. If you can get me two a week, that's be cool, I can stay ahead with coloring. Do you accept payment through Paypal?

OTher than that, let me check with the story's co-author to see if he needs to tweak it before I send it along to you.
Ya I think I can manage that, but I think I can probably only be able to do 1 a week, but I can see if I can do 2 but I will be able to know once I see the script. Ya I can accept payment through paypal. I wasn't sure how you wanted to handle payment, but I assume you probably want to pay me per page once I turn it it? That is alright with me unless you had something else in mind, whatever you would like to do would be fine with me. I don't know if you go through gifting or goods and services through paypal, but I would prefer it to be gifted so no taxes are taken out if that is alright. My paypal is ashleydevries30@yahoo.com Anyways let me know once you got the script and I can start working. Thanks so much for hiring me. 
Can you do furry webcomics?
I have never tried before, but I am familiar with furries and could probably do a comic based of some furry characters. Furries aren't really my thing, but I think it could work out and be incorporated into a webcomic. Do you have a story or character in mind for a webcomic?  Or some kind of an idea for the comic? If you want to talk about the idea you had in mind in more detail I would be glad to hear and talk about it and see if we can come to an agreement with something. 
I actually have an existing webcomic titled "At Arm's Length," I was just looking for a guest artist to a do a story for me, I have a script for it already written. :) It lasts 13 strips.

If you'd like to take a look at my comic, you can see it here: www.atarmslength.net/comics/
Are you thinking color or black and white?
If you can do clean black and white line art, with closed, solid lines, I can color it in myself with GIMP.
That is fine with me, but I was wondering if you have a budget or if you are alright with my prices that I have listed? 
Hey,

I'm looking to do some web comic stuff for Europa Universalis 4. Just poking some fun at the game with some funny odd themes when applied a certain context, nothing too serious. Still the price is about right. Lemme know so we can talk 'business'. 
Hey, thanks for replying on my forum, what exactly would you like me to do for the web comic idea that you have in mind?  
The artwork. It's the area in which I'm lacking. Got loads of ideas, I simply cannot draw... at all... :D. I'll need to talk with people and figure out how this is all going to be done but I'd be happy to chat more somewhere. Skype or something. I'm off for the moment though so it'll be a while before I reply. 
That's fine we can discuss on Skype about the comic idea you have in mind. Just give me your Skype name and I can find you later and we discuss business in more detail. I look forward in hearing more about the job. 
Yup. Just Peachrocks. I'm in Australia so I think I'm the only one last time I checked. 
ok cool, I can add you later, when would be a good time for you to chat about stuff? 
Just add me and I'll talk to you when I see you or when you see me. I'm pretty unpredictable regarding time. 
View all replies