Emergency commissions

Opening up commissions for sudden vet bills.

Story:
Today, 9/15/2014 on the way home only a block away I saw a cat laying in the road. For a minute I was sad, I thought the poor creature had been hit and killed but I saw it rocking, trying to get up off the street. Immediately i made my grandmother pull over and head over. I dumped all my stuff in the back seat of the car and got out.
I approached the cat and carefully scooped it up from the street. I knew it'd been hit, there was blood in one eye and blood in its nose,(I only call it, 'it' right now because I don't know if it a boy or girl right now) and it was panting like it was struggling to breath. I got back in the car and we headed to an emergency animal hospital to find it was closed, only open during the late hours or 'after hours'. So we headed for another before I remembered there was one closer. When we got there I suddenly broke down and could barely talk and my grandma explained and said fine to the office visit charge. The doctor looked at it while i was out of the room and immediately said there was head trauma but until they did x-rays and everything they wouldn't know the extent of the damage and I had two choices, say okay and pay for them to look at the cat and figure out what was wrong or put it down with no charge. I asked how much and agreed even though the $255 was almost everything I had in my savings account. While we filled out paper work, the doctor took the cat and put it on pain meds and medicine to help with the shock. Before we left they told us they had gotten the cat stable.
I'm now waiting for a call from the vet about the options and what can be done.

I'm only a part time student employee at my college, I barely work 20 hours a week. I'm setting up this campaign to help cover the vet costs we already have and those that will come. Any amount towards the campaign helps and if you can't give anything please share it.

Update: vet called before i went to class. Said kitty was on pain meds and comfortable and had been treated for shock and was still stable. The first 24 hrs are the most crucial, said they'll be be looking at the extant of the damage tomorrow and giving me a call.

All commission payments will be going to vet bills that will only grow depending on the things kitty needs if it survives

Prices:

headshot: $6 usd
half body (head to waist): $10 usd
full body: $15 usd
chibi: $5
additional characters: $3 per character

Anything and everything helps, if you can't afford a commission please share this
Comments2
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
update:

brought the cat home and got him all set up. Has a fracture in his spine and had a dislocated hip. Won't be able to get up and move around for a while.