February 11, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 12

Looking for Work in Comics

:iconengchee:
engchee Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Hello,

I've just began to wrap up on a commissioned comic project and now I'm looking forward to the next comic project to work on.

In the previous project, I worked on pencils and inks only.
This time, I'm looking to do pencils, inks and coloring as well.
I mainly employ a more realistic manga style but can also do realistic western comics. I'll be happy to explore other more cartoony styles.
I mainly work in the digital medium.
Please check out my gallery on some of my works.

[link]

My main goals are to grow as an artist, as well as build a substantial portfolio of work that I can be proud of and of course, earn some money to pay the bills while doing what I love most.

I have some preferences when it comes to work and please know that this is only because I am serious about my work.

1. I'll prefer to do work that involves original creations and characters rather than fan art.
2. I prefer to work with people who are serious and passionate about their work.
3. I prefer to work with people who respect artists and acknowledge that artists need to be paid for their work.

I'm looking to work on comics but I don't mind picking up a few commissions/illustration work now and then.
On average, I can pencil and ink 3 to 4 pages of comic in a week.
Rates wise, we can discuss, depending on job description and complexity.

Please reply on this thread or send me a note if you have any job offers and think that I'm up to it. I'll be happy to provide samples if required.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconorionfantasy:
orionfantasy Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013  Student Writer
Hello,

How much do you normally charge per page?
engchee Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Hi Orionfantasy,

Thanks for the reply.

I'll like to charge a higher page rate for pencilled + ink pages but I have accepted rates at $30/pg ( pencil + ink ) for projects that I have keen interest on.

Sometimes, independent contractors may not have sufficient budget to commission me but I'm still willing to work within their budget as long as the project appeals to me.

My basic principle though, is never work for free. I can accept lower rates but never no pay.
engchee Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
bump
:iconchuckzaremba:
Chuckzaremba Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013
We have a project for a rule book for a Live Action Role Playing game. One of the long term projects is to have a comic book set in our world, starring the characters from our rule book. But first we need character designs.

I was curious as to your rates as funds are limited.

Project is 12-20 character pieces, in medium of your choice with digital submission.
Fantasy setting, various races. Backgrounds of game locations may be a future consideration but characters need only be on simple backgrounds. Full, 1/2, or Bust...up to you as long as it captures the essence of the character.

Perks include: Full credits, portfolio recommendation, rights retention
Possible perks may include: Scale, Print sales, & merchandising royalties.

We can talk more if you're interested.
Thanks
engchee Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Hi,

Thanks for replying.
Your project does sound interesting to work on.

From what I gather, currently, what you need from me now is character designs. I could do that and I would advise full body characters so that you can truly get the essence of who the character is since body postures/ proportions can speak volumes about a character. Having full body characters also allows you greater freedom of cropping them for your use.

I would require more information before I can quote a rate.
Information such as level of rendering, art style etc.
I'm interested in this project so I'm willing to work within your budget.
We can discuss this further through email.

Mine is:
engcheedraws@hotmail.com

I look forward to hearing back from you.
:iconscalecaster:
scalecaster Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013
if your looking for a writer, i'm the guy to do it!.
Hi, thanks for replying.
I'm actually looking for paid comic work.

If you have an original story to tell in the comic medium and you're willing to pay for my services, then I'll be happy to work with you.
Thanks again.
wait pay?, i thought you were the one who was paying for a writer,
well nevermind then.

and by the way do you know someone who will work with me?.
yup, i think I posted under job services, meaning I'm offering to provide a service drawing comics.

I apologize if I gave you the wrong impression.

Do you mean an artist looking to pay a writer to collaborate on a comic project? If so, what are your rates? I could probably ask around.
my rates are... 200 points per story.
Add a Comment: