January 26, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 3

Manga with more than 500 fans on FB! Looking for a publishin house

:iconkakashikun-90:
Kakashikun-90 Jan 26, 2013  Student General Artist
Hello.
My names is Davide, I'm an Italian comicker and I am currently publishing on-line a manga which has more then 500 fans on facebook. I have currently uploaded more than one hundred pages (both in italian and english).
The name of the manga is "Swan Power" and it's a funny comic. It talks about an old lady who discovers she's the chosen one and that she has to defeat the evil forces.

This is my website, where you can find this and other of my manga:

kakashikun.wix.com/kakashikun

and this is the fanpage of my manga on FB

facebook.com/swanpower

Really looking for a serious publisher because I think I'm a very productive person with a very creative mind (sorry for not being modest).

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

Kakashikun-90 Jan 27, 2013  Student General Artist
Well, I don't know where you come from, but I'm Italian, and I can assure you that Italian publishing houses don't publish Italian artists. I've lot of friends who tried, but with no results, cause publishing a new author has a too high risk, they say. I also have friends who tried self publishing and I clearly saw that is a very long, difficult road. Moreover, I have a lot of English/American fans, so I should print some copies also in English and try to sell them on-line. Onestly, I don't think it would work.
Moreover, I don't think writing on DA is a "non correct process". o_o I mean, I'm just trying, hoping for someon noticing this post...

I'd like to submitt my work to an English/American publishing house, but I don't know them.
Do you have any idea of someone who could be interested?

Thank you very much and excuse me for grammatical errors. :P
Kakashikun-90 Jan 27, 2013  Student General Artist
Well, I don't know where you come from, but I'm Italian, and I can assure you that Italian publishing houses don't publish Italian artists. I've lot of friends who tried, but with no results, cause publishing a new author has a too high risk, they say. I also have friends who tried self publishing and I clearly saw that is a very long, difficult road. Moreover, I have a lot of English/American fans, so I should print some copies also in English and try to sell them on-line. Onestly, I don't think it would work.
Moreover, I don't think writing on DA is a "non correct process". o_o I mean, I'm just trying, hoping for someon noticing this post...

I'd like to submitt my work to an English/American publishing house, but I don't know them.
Do you have any idea of someone who could be interested?

Thank you very much and excuse me for grammatical errors. :P
:iconaurynpub:
Why don't you try actually submitting it to publishers rather than hoping a publisher will come to you? Established publishers are way too busy to be cruising DA forums, and even if they come across your post, do you have any idea how many submissions they are getting from people who are following the process correctly? IE- sending them submissions packets with cover letters and what have you.

Why don't you try self publishing? If you have so many fans, you can probably raise some decent funds to cover printing costs, maybe more.
Add a Comment: