Availability:
December 2012-February 2013: FULL
March 2013: OPEN
April 2013: OPEN
May 2013: OPEN
June 2013: OPEN
July 2013: OPEN
August 2013: OPEN

PLEASE EMAIL ME FOR A QUOTE (I will not respond PM's)
fate.cosplay@gmail.com

COMMISSION REQUEST FORM
DEADLINE:
Second deadline:
Character:
Series:
PLEASE ATTACH/LINK REFERENCE IMAGES:

MEASUREMENTS (US measurements):
*Height
*Weight
*Bust/bra size if you're female
*Waist
*Hips
*Sleeve
*Leg/pant length
*Shoulder to shoulder

WHAT DO YOU NEED?
Please specify what you need.
*Outfit (fabric elements)
*Wig
*Jewelry/accessories
*Prop/weapon
*Shoes/shoe covers
*Anything else?

Payment method:
POSTAL/ZIP CODE/LOCATION:

Hello!

I am available to make cosplay costumes, accessories and wigs! Whether it's simple or complex, I am here to help. I am a commissioner and I hand make pieces to custom fit YOUR measurements and wants/needs - specifications. I've been cosplaying and sewing since 2003. I am self taught but I have taken some classes at FIDM and AIP. I've also worked in costuming with Disney (with costumes not in them) so I've spent a lot of time studying Disney costumes and construction while I fit people into costumes and make small alterations. I choose high quality fabric, but will go with lower quality/lower costing fabric (low being $3.99 at the lowest) - if you are on a budget.

I am not some Asian-based company or sweatshop worker (my prices will never match), I am one person. I charge $15-20/hour (most tailors and seamstresses charge $35+, and not all of them have the experience needed for the various structures and details required in a lot of cosplay/costume designs) and require a MINIMUM of 20 hours per full costume project. Please understand that this is my job (like any other job) and that I pay my taxes, rent, bills, etc, just like you or your family members and friends do. My prices account for most if not all the hours I will be working on your commission. The best way to explain would be, if you were to clock in 40 hours per week at your job, your paycheck will show that amount of hours and reflect that, therefore it is fair that my hours and price reflect the same just like any other job. When you're commissioning something, you're asking for someone to take their time to hand make you a costume according to your specifications and measurements - not to mention follow specific references.

My time is broken down by the following:
*Drafting a pattern to your measurements
*Cutting out the fabric according to the pattern
*Sewing
*Making sure it fits on the dress form
*Serging and finalizing hems/seams
*Making adjustments as necessary
*Detailing: i.e. beading, embroidering, painting, etc
*Adding zippers, buttons, snaps, velcro, etc
*Sculpting forms if necessary
-Making molds for said forms
-Casting final forms in resin

My quotes can be itemized (material costs + labor + shipping = total). It covers fabric and all other materials needed for a project:
*Fabric
*Thread
*Notions: buttons, zippers, trim, lace, bias tape, etc
*Detailing materials: paint, embroidery thread, rhinestones, studs, beads d and o rings, belt buckles, etc
*Accessory materials: resin, silicone molding, molds, paints, glue, screws, etc.

Wigs:

Base wig prices as follows on Arda:
Short: $30
Medium: $35-38
Long: $40-65
Specialty wigs: vary
Short wefts: $9
Long wefts: $15
Clip in pony tails: $15/each
Shipping: $8.08

Other
Styling products: vary
Dying products: vary

My fees (excluding shipping):
Simple styles (cuts, curls, waves): $25
Spiky styles: $50
Gravity defying styles, Up dos, ponytails, etc: starting at $75
Custom dying: varies on length and how many colors used, etc

These prices are loosely based on the average salon price for normal hair services. Some salons also offer separate wig styling and specialty services that actually cost more than what I've listed.

I only accept paypal and require a 50% deposit. If you need a payment plan, don't hesitate to ask. Please keep in mind, that your commission has to be paid in full at least two weeks before your deadline.

I do not offer refunds. Should for some reason, I miss your deadline (and I'd be terrified and stressed if I did but alas, life is full of unexpected events), a form of compensation will be provided. Trust me, I'd rather miss your deadline, than send out something half-assed with poor craftsmanship. Also, before any work is started on, I send out a contract to you, signed by me, for you to sign and send back (this may also be done electronically).

Communication is very important to me as it should be for you. I try my best to send emails and give updates and sometimes, I even give out my number (no calls please) in order to text my clients while I am shopping for supplies or send picture updates. If I contact you, I expect you to contact me back, even if you've already found someone else.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

No comments have been added yet.

Add a Comment: