4$ - 16$ Paypal Traditional Commissions!

Hello! c: I'm in need of some money, so I'm opening commissions.
More info you can find in my commission chart: [link]

And here are some samples (you can also see them in my commission chart):

And chibi:

Take notice I have special promotion for chibi: 3+1 c: Buy three, get one for free~

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me ^^ I'd be glad to answer!
Comments27
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Would you want to advertise your services? I ask because I'm a publisher with ad space to sell.
I'm sorry, but I'm opening commissions, because I'm short on money so I don't have money for paying for advertising ^^;
Anyway, thanks for the offer.
I understand. But I really do want to help people like yourself, so I also trade in kind.
Hi,

I have an exact style I want to commission. But I am under the impression this style is ... out of style. I am under the impression it is a style no one ever really does anymore.

I don't know what the style is called. All I know is that I finally found SOMEONE here on dA who actually does it, but she is in the People's Republic of China. So me be a'wondering if maybe ... a) the only reason she even does this (possibly out-of-date??) style is that maybe there are extreme restrictions in China against anything "new" in art. (Or maybe her art teachers taught her this style because it was possibly maybe all they knew themselves.) And b) there might be loads of artists of today who really never got trained in this (possibly out-of-date??) style, so it might be way too much for me to even ask anyone here at dA to do it.

So .... here's her dA page:

[link]

She uses traditional oil paint, and employs a sort of a "stroke" technique which I used to see as the illustrations for the short stories in sci-fi magazines back in the 1980's. But I just don't ever see it anywhere anymore.

The feel I want is: "Dark and gritty with a run-down industrial, urban decay kind of a look. Sort of a neo-noir style."

The color palette needs to stay the heck away from bright neons, especially bright pink and charteuse. It needs to stay dark and "earth tone." I want a kind of a "brooding" feel. I especially want to stay away from the glowing auras from video game illustrations. Meanwhile, I also want to stay away from the very .... um .... "operatic" look of the great paintings of the Renaissance. (Not sure if "operatic" is the right word, but it was all I could come up with.) I want gritty yet real. And that stroke-style has a grainy feel which very subconsciosuly makes the whole thing feel just slightly gritty.

I want THAT style.

Can you do it??

Thanks for your time!!

--OL

(PS -- Read whatever you have time to read in my deviations. I am a writer and I want to have my novel illustrated.)
I'd be very honoured to take that comission and illustrate your novel, but... That specific style you described, I'm deeply sorry, but I think possibility I'd be able to imitate it is very dim :< That artist you described (who indeed has beautiful works and interesting style) is using, just like you said, oil paints. Even though two years ago I was taking art classes to learn how to paint with oil paints, I only did landscapes and they weren't so great, so I think people would turn out even worse. What's more I didn't touch oil paints since about two years...

While I think I'd be able to make something semi-realistic dark and in earth tones, without using flashy colors, I just couldn't imitate paint strokes and that grainy look :( Thought, grainy look I could make with using color pencils on selected kind of paper with texture I'm traditional artist, but I mostly works with markers (rarely with color pencils).

I could try doing your commission my way and then edit it in photoshop and create that stroke-style, but I honestly have no idea how it'd turn out and if you'd want something like that.

I'm very thankful you took your time to write this detailed description :aww: but if you want only that specific style, then I must humbly decline because I wouldn't be able to do it, because I draw in different style :c
Thanks so much for getting back to me.

Thanks also for your honesty. And I think you are correct: it likely won't work.

I have been reviewing some of the color pencil work of other artists here at dA, and I can see very clearly that the pencil work is just as capable of achieving that grainy, gritty feel. (I think it's called "hatchet marks"?? Maybe??) So perhaps pencils can work. Markers, however ... markers always tend to go off toward neon. Neon just doesn't work for my purposes. Neon is by definition filled with light and glow. And once we have the whole glowing lights thing going on, then we're back to the non-reality video game feel of magical misty-filled forests and elves frolicking in the moonlight. Dark and gritty is nowhere to be seen then. That kind of airy-fairy fantasy feel would work against the dark and realistic tone of my story.

Your offer to rework it in PhotoShop would just drive the price up further than I can justify. And even if you didn't charge me for it, I'd dearly hate for you to do all that PhotoShop work only to have me say I still hated the end result. And then how many MORE tweakings (and unpaid hours) in Photoshop would you need to do before I was happy (if at all?).

*sigh*

Regardless, you're still a very good artist. And I further think it was VERY professional of you to decline with such honesty.

Please never stop improving on your craft. And best of luck to you in your future as an artist.

--OL
I think being honest is very important. Nothing will come out of leading someone by the nose and keep on telling that you can do something you just can't :)

Thank you so much for the compliment! :D For sure, I'll never stop drawing, and hopefully never stop improving :aww:

I wish you luck with finding artist who's drawing style will suit your taste and who will illustrate your novel ^^
Thanks! And I think I just picked up an illustrator less than an hour ago!

Happy Holidays!
Oh, then that's great ^^

Happy Holidays to you, too! :aww:

chibi promotion still actual o3o
(●`ヮ´●)
Still available~
Still available :3
Still available :3
hi are u still available?