Need two book covers! One mystery and one fantasy.

I know I put out feelers a while back, and got some interested people, but since it's been so long I thought I'd start from scratch again.

I just finished my 9th epic fantasy novel, All Griffins Go To Heaven (Tales of Lentari #6).  I'm looking for an artist that has some free time on their hands that would be able to get the job done in a reasonable amount of time.  I'm open to established artists and those who might be looking to start their portfolio. 

Here's the scene:  a pristine scene of a calm pool, with other pools of a higher elevation draining into it.  Griffins are everywhere.  I'm envisioning a branch extending over the pool, with a griffin stretched leisurely out across it.   Yes, this is essentially a picture of "griffin heaven", so nothing dark or too serious.  With regards to the pool, a closer look at the rock formation containing the water reveals what looks like two large hands cupped together.

That's the first cover.  The second cover is for my second mystery novel that I'm close to finishing, Case of the Fleet-Footed Mummy (Corgi Case Files #2).  This one has an obvious Egyptian theme to it. 

The scene:  an Egyptian exhibition has been setup in a school auditorium.  On the stage is an open sarcophagus.  It's empty.  There are a few displays on the stage with the sarcophagus.  Priceless jewelry and artifacts are in it.  One of the displays has been smashed.  Now for the fun part.  I need two corgis in the picture.  One will be sniffing around the open casket and the other is looking off behind the stage, as though something has attracted his attention.  I have detailed colorings/markings on the corgis but I'm not worrying about that right now.

My style of writing is known for being light-hearted, with a healthy dose of humor mixed in.  I can't have the covers looking too serious.  Also, I don't need to worry about typography.  I just need the illustrations. 

Are you interested in one or the other?  Think you can do both?  Reply with links to your gallery and your price range and I'll get back to you if I have any questions!  Thanks for reading this far.  :)

Thanks!

J.
www.AuthorJMPoole.com

***UPDATE***

I thought I'd include a link to my existing covers so any interested parties can see if they can replicate the style.  It's incredibly important to me to maintain author branding, so I need to make certain all covers have the same "look" and "feel" and the reader will know without a doubt that the books are all in the same series.

Link:  www.authorjmpoole.com/?page_id…
Comments162
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Hello! 
I'll be happy to work with you! Send me a note if you're interested. =) (Smile)
[MORE INFO]

Dragon Age: The Sacrifice of Hawke by Quincy-Sue  COMMISSION: Cold Bones Book Cover by Quincy-Sue  Harry Potter: Narcissa and Draco by Quincy-Sue  COMMISSION: Harley and Ivy by Quincy-Sue  COMMISSION: Mona Sax by Quincy-Sue  COMMISSION: Chell and GLaDOS by Quincy-Sue 
COMMISSION: OC Daetrius by Quincy-Sue  Marvel: Quentin Quire by Quincy-Sue  COMMISSION: OC Jade and Aris by Quincy-Sue  OC: Scarlett by Quincy-Sue  Witcher: Iorveth's inner goddess by Quincy-Sue  COMMISSION: OC Mara by Quincy-Sue  COMMISSION: A'doxia and Jade by Quincy-Sue  COMMISSION: Zevran and Kallian by Quincy-Sue  COMMISSION: Zevran and Falin by Quincy-Sue
I'm interested, here some samples of my work:

Corisande by Shipahn   Z Pope by Shipahn   Zarghot by Shipahn   Beauty Standarts by Shipahn   The Bogeyman by Shipahn   The Chair by Shipahn   GoodVibrations by Shipahn
Hello!

Thx for taking the time to submit samples of your work.  I'll add your gallery to the list of potentials, but I will be honest and say I'm not sure your art style and my existing covers are a match.  As an author I have to keep the "branding" I've created consistent across the board. 

Thanks again for your interest! 

J.
Hello, I'm very interested in your project, here're some examples of my work:

Sheyla by 0oki Drowning Sphere by 0oki Eagle by 0oki red dragon by 0oki golem vs wizard by 0oki Wolf by 0oki Orcs Horde by 0oki 

if you are interested, you can contact me at: pepejuni88@gmail.com

Hello!

I've added your gallery to my list of those I still need to go through.  Thank you for your interest!

J.
adamgross.deviantart.com/galle…
adamgross.deviantart.com/galle…

Hello, my name is Adam Gross and I'd like to work with you.  My work is at the link above.  I can promise quality work on time.  Please contact me at adamgrossartist@gmail.com or send me a note if you're interested.

Thanks!
Hello, Adam -

I've selected an artist for my fantasy cover.  I will add your gallery to the mystery novel contenders.

Thx for your interest!

J.
Thanks for the response!

Please keep me in mind in the future.
Hi, I'm interested! some of my art works here:
Greenhouse by Elle-ReiThe beginning of the Journey by Elle-Rei CF 2015 Day 96 by Elle-Rei 86 station by Elle-Rei Little Body Cover by Elle-Rei Decora by Elle-Rei Shiro Yoshiwara by Elle-Rei Urashima Midare by Elle-Rei   Halloween by Elle-Rei Touken Love Cover by Elle-Rei Photos of memories by Elle-Rei Hotaru by Elle-Rei Teenage Hotarumaru by Elle-Rei Gokotai by Elle-Rei Gokotai YA by Elle-Rei:CM:Centaur by Elle-Rei :CM:Ferid Bathory by Elle-Rei Toue by Elle-Rei Karako by Elle-Rei :Anri: by Elle-Rei Earmuff by Elle-Rei Aoba Sei HBD by Elle-Rei Adekan Alice by Elle-Rei
Chibi style:
Adekan ALice chibi by Elle-Rei Adekan Bunny Boy by Elle-Rei Theia and Tansy M by Elle-Rei :CE Aaron and Michael with Cocoa by Elle-Rei Mika Kogi by Elle-Rei izuminokami horikawa by Elle-Rei JIrou Tarou by Elle-Rei DMMD Mug design by Elle-Rei DMMd Noiz mug by Elle-Rei Lots of Laugh Mug Design by Elle-Rei Rin Sousuke Mug Design by Elle-Rei
Oden by Elle-Rei Aoba House by Elle-Rei

please check out my journal for more details Aww
Hello!

Thx for your interest in my project!  I have to be honest and say I don't think your art style would fit with my other covers.  My previous artists have all drawn my covers using a realistic style, not anime or cartoon.

Thank you very much!  Have a great day!

J.
Hello! I'm interested making your covers! If you like my artwork contact me! Here are some of my illustrations.. you can watch my deviant art page if you wanna see more! :D Thanks DEad mage- personal work by HVasya    zombie fantasy concept by HVasya       Zombalau R by HVasya      Practice by HVasya
Hello!

I've already chosen my fantasy artist.  Thank you for your interest!

J.
Hi, Jaymikal

I'm interested with the "griffin heaven" theme because i really love doing fantasy illustrations. here are some of examples of my work.

18/365 Lilith by leoaveiro 17/365 Lady in White by leoaveiro 16/365 Mahesa by leoaveiro Jon Snow Fan Art by leoaveiro 15/365 Astaroth by leoaveiro 12/365 The Lady and The Bear by leoaveiro 11/365 Somewhere Near Kyoto Temple by leoaveiro 10/365 Nancy Wheeler and Jonathan Byers by leoaveiro 8/365 Giant Sword by leoaveiro Bronn of Blackwater Fanart by leoaveiro

My price range can be negotiated depending on the complexity of the work. payment can be done through paypal.

just send me a PM or email me if you have any questions
artofaveiro@gmail.com

Thanks and have a good day!

Leo
Hello, Leo -  I've actually chosen my fantasy artist.  Never dreamed so many were interested. :)

Thank you for your interest!

J.
-Hi! I'm really interested~ Here are some of my works♥ 
(I only acept Points or USD, you can pay with both if you need but remember that 1USD is 100Points)
You can found more info about my commissions here! [From $4-Quality Commissions-anime/Semirealism]
About me as a freelancer, well, I took my time on every little detail you want, I always do my best to depict the character and its environment as it is suppossed to be♥ I always deliver pretty fast (1-2 week or less) and you can watch me drawing on stream for a real time feedback.

The Spirit Of The Guardian Empress By Itaslipy-d9y by ItaSlipyTate by ItaSlipyVaruren2 by ItaSlipyShirosushi by ItaSlipy1 by ItaSlipyRyu by ItaSlipy[secretgift] by ItaSlipyTelefono by ItaSlipymarca de agua by ItaSlipymarca de agua by ItaSlipyLety by ItaSlipytumblr o9ykdrIQzn1rzro6uo2 1280 by ItaSlipyTumblr O9e2vnuawd1rzro6uo1 1280 by ItaSlipyAoi1 by ItaSlipytumblr nvs8kiaLlG1rzro6uo1 1280 by ItaSlipy57175b244887f84826bcf087 579d5abe4b5e739b0e924f83  by ItaSlipy57175b244887f84826bcf087 579d5a9d868a6ac34da2825e  by ItaSlipy1909679 519647681538387 7885723074550642931 N by ItaSlipy11999091 488629661306856 8340795694693145092 N by ItaSlipytumblr nym0g7vTOp1rzro6uo1 1280 by ItaSlipytumblr nz6jjh0eiN1rzro6uo1 1280 by ItaSlipytumblr nz8araxLBh1rzro6uo1 1280 by ItaSlipyStarchild by ItaSlipyVersion1fallon by ItaSlipySakura Kinomoto  Fanart Sketch By Itaslipy-dae8wa by ItaSlipyNagisa   Free    Fanart   By Itaslipy-d8pzul5 by ItaSlipytumblr o2gfhv3TMx1rzro6uo1 1280 by ItaSlipySatoru by ItaSlipyNuevo Lienzo by ItaSlipytumblr o76fi0yosO1rzro6uo1 1280 by ItaSlipyPatsu by ItaSlipySuperv2 by ItaSlipyToxicgirl  By Itaslipy-dae8zdd by ItaSlipyAdoptable  Oshare Nekomimi Boy  Closed  By Itasli by ItaSlipyCommission  By Itaslipy-da6wwxk by ItaSlipyCherry Simons By Itaslipy-d9eoi4y by ItaSlipyHappy Valentine S Day   Noragami Fan Art  By Itasl by ItaSlipyHome Emel  Oc  By Itaslipy-d9y1b6j by ItaSlipyHortensia   Jcm2   Fanart By Itaslipy-d93t464 by ItaSlipyIt Feels Warm    Howl S Moving Castle    Fanart    by ItaSlipyLycan Magus By Itaslipy-d9y1b6t by ItaSlipyRainy Day  Noragami Fanart  By Itaslipy-d9h986c by ItaSlipytumblr o8tdvqV3rb1rzro6uo1 1280 by ItaSlipy
Hello,

I am very interested in this project. I am a book cover artist and writer.

liongirl2289.deviantart.com/ar…
Hi - I'll add your gallery to those I'm still checking out.  Thx for your interest!

J.
No problem. I will be loading more soon
HI Jaymikal,

I'm fantasy artist and i'm really interested in your project.
please take a look to my gallery incircle.deviantart.com/galler…
If you interested to hire me, you can send me a note so we can discuss the price.

Best regards :)
I'm still perusing galleries.  If I have any questions then I'll let you know!

Thx!

J.