Looking to Commission an "epic" D&D Party Portrait!

Hello!

I have a campaign of 5th edition D&D ending soon, as as a gift for our players I would like to commission a portrait of all of our characters.

The piece would contain 6 different characters - 3 humans, a dwarf, a half-elf, and a half-orc, standing in various "epic" poses most likely against a backdrop of green fields and blue sky!
This is the core of the artwork, and I will be able to provide physical descriptions of each character, along with a hint of backstory if that helps in the process of illustration!

I am open to different styles, but I prefer it if it looks like D&D artwork (more "realistic" fantasy and less anime-ish). Examples of what I mean can be found here: imgur.com/a/76OEv
(All art from official D&D 5th Ed. Sourcebooks)
But, like I said, I am open to see what is out there!

Depending on the level of ambitiousness the artist is willing to accept, optional additions to the artwork may include: a village in the background, perhaps a flying dragon or two, and/or some way to signify/illustrate the DM (either a hand rolling a dice in the sky, or some sneaky way to include our DM's favorite black d20, or something else entirely!)

My price point is flexible, so if you have certain rates or an estimate of what this might cost, please include it! I understand that this is a rather grand scale piece, and with greater complexity comes greater time and effort into making it, and thus the artist should be adequately compensated. 

If you are interested, please show me a sample of your work, alongside both a price estimate and an estimate of time to completion (if at all possible!). I will reply when I have time, apologies if I am not super fast to reply! (work gets in the way, you know!)

If you have any other questions, let me know, and thank you for reading and possibly considering this offer!

-OP
Comments35
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Hi, 
 I'm a freelance artist working on fantasy, science fiction illustrations and concept arts.
 Here is some of my sample, Send me a PM if you like to hire me, we can discuss about the price.

Feel free to contact me via maivanhuy.137@gmail.com or here if you consider that my art is what you are looking for. Thank you and have a good day.
Ancient Dragon by HuyMaiVan137           Heroes of the Storm - Dancing in the Rain by HuyMaiVan137            Maliris, The Serpent by HuyMaiVan137     Moonlight Dancer by HuyMaiVan137     Holy Retribution by HuyMaiVan137     The tower by HuyMaiVan137      Sand City by HuyMaiVan137             Moon lake by HuyMaiVan137    Sunny day by HuyMaiVan137  The Fruit stealer by HuyMaiVan137  Some alien jet by HuyMaiVan137
Hi there :D.
I'm interested in this commission!
Here is example of my work!
Portrait of a Goblin by cnerone21 Blue demon by cnerone21 Monkey D. Luffy by cnerone21 Bigby wolf (wolf among us) by cnerone21 
Acid Goblin (updated) by cnerone21 The boy by cnerone21 Alistair by cnerone21 Rune (request 7) by cnerone21 
Hello, i'm interested on the project. I do fantasy digital illustration, i think i can do what you need. Here i let you some of my work:
Athene Noctua by ViktorCat Ophidian Thickets by ViktorCat Crus Aurum Draco by ViktorCat Blood Castle by ViktorCat Vargus Draco by ViktorCat
About prices here it's a reference:
Commissions Open!! by ViktorCat
in case you whant to see more:
Portfolio: www.behance.net/viktordleon
Mail: Viktor.d.leon@gmail.com
Regards!
Hello,
my name is Luiz Prado and I'm a ilustrator, concept artist with experience on character design and comic book artist.
I'm interested in the job:D (Big Grin) 

Taz'Dingo! by Savedra W.I.P Guardians of the Galaxy page 1 by Savedra W.I.P Guardians of the Galaxy page 2 by Savedra W.I.P Guardians of the Galaxy page 3 - 4 by Savedra Post-Apocalytic survivor -  Greyscale commission by Savedra The Hag of the marshlands - Greyscale commission by Savedra    Red Cap thane, deathbringer - Greyscale commission by Savedra Vulpi Arcwalker - Greyscale Commission by Savedra Behold war - the Salvagers menace by Savedra Welcome home Master! by SavedraCommission sketch - Morzrth, Acid Freak by Savedra Commission sketch, Silicate by Savedra  Commission sketch, Salvagers: Reaper by Savedra Daily sketch, Bloodclaw by Savedra  Daily sketch, Owlkin Researcher by Savedra  Witcher, why two swords? by Savedra Ivory Infantary by Savedra Gravarms Concept Sketches by Savedra Commission - Warwoman M-13 Indigo by SavedraCommission sketch, The Angler by Savedra   Commission: Red, the Paladin - BattleAxe by SavedraDaily Sketch, Murloc Stalker by SavedraDaily Sketch, Rino Warrior by Savedra    Daily Sketch Red Sonja Teen by Savedra Going to work in the monday by SavedraConflict by Savedra  You are not welcome here stranger by Savedra      The Lumberjack by SavedraComission: Occam Concept Art by Savedra      anything you need just let me know 
I always enjoy to see DnD Lovers.
Well then....
Nefarian by LadyLoth  Creatures Lurk Here by LadyLoth  The Nymph by LadyLoth  The estimate price depends on the complexity of the characters and what you would like as a background, since I see a lot of different things! The estimate turnaround would be a month or so since it's a big piece. If you're willing to further discuss I would love to ^_^ May your dice roll well, Dungeon Master.
Hello, I am interested :)

Monochrome portrait - 40$ (I can also add colored eyes or something like that - it's still considered monochrome)
Colored portrait - 65$
Half-body - 90$ (+45$ for background) +65$ for additional character
Full-body 120$ (+80$ for background) +90$ for additional character
Complex Illustration - starts at 200$+, price is discussable and depends on the complexity

Fluttershy by chirun Rarity by chirun Commission: Instructor by chirun Christmas Raffle - 1 by chirun Commission: Morgulwen by chirun
Commission: The Blood Mage by chirun Queen Chrysalis by chirun  Luna by chirun Commission: Envy by chirun Commission: Travis Baxton by chirun
Black Cats Stole the Moon by chirun Commission:  Maneki Kanji by chirun  I killed the king by chirun Commission: Silas Nazario 2 by chirun Peacock Priest by chirun
Red Angels by chirun  Commission: Mighty Magyar by chirun  Commission: The Feast by chirun  So, which one do you like? by chirun
Hi! I'm Fariz Muzakki, accepting any request for character illustration either in cartoon or semi realistic style.

I'm interested to your commission offering. My price range starts from USD 15 for breastshot cartoon style illustration to USD 45 for full body semi realistic style illustration. Simple backgrounds are free. You can see more details here.

Thanks for your attention...

Yoshino Chidori (Persona 3 Fanart) by Muzakki Shimomura Izumi (Ajin Fanart) by Muzakki Cafe au Lait (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Fanart) by Muzakki Cheongsam (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Fanart) by Muzakki Omurice (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Fanart) by Muzakki Private Moment (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Fanart) by Muzakki Hanabi (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Fanart) by Muzakki Fireflies (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Fanart) by Muzakki 2015-11-15 - Kuon (Utawarerumono IK Fanart) by Muzakki Mineva Lao Zabi (MSG Unicorn Fanart) by Muzakki Hadaly Lilith (Shisha no Teikoku Fanart) by Muzakki Mihie Miach (Harmony Fanart) by Muzakki Alexandria (Commission Work) by Muzakki Vala (Commission Work) by Muzakki Matcha Latte by Muzakki Aiza Nagi (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Fanart) by Muzakki Watari Ryouta (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Fanart) by Muzakki Sawabe Tsubaki (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Fanart) by Muzakki Arima Kousei (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Fanart) by Muzakki Miyazono Kaori (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Fanart) by Muzakki Miyazono Kaori (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Fanart) by Muzakki Miyazono Kaori (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Fanart) by Muzakki
Hello!

I'm interested in! :) Please take a look at my samples:

Let's fight by Azzedar-san Moss giant by Azzedar-san Soul of skylord by Azzedar-san Teolon by Azzedar-san Ultimate Werewolf Deluxe Edition deck by Azzedar-san

(my apology for Warcraft sample, I just show it because of armor XD)

My price list:

Commission prices by Azzedar-san

Let me know if you like my style!
Have nice day :3
Could probably  add a zero to each full painting price at least there.
Thanks. It's very kind of you. :) I'm not enough popular for it ^^"
It's time of your one life you're spending, I'm just suggesting valuing it.
hi, im interested in your proyect, here are some examples of what i can do:
Cm08-2 by Frey06 Cm05 by Frey06 Retpaladin1 by Frey06

Practice male face by Frey06 Tribal shaman by Frey06 Graves colored sketch by Frey06
Hi OP, I would just love to work with you on this image!, please take a look at my portfolio and let me know what you think

www.artstation.com/artist/VILLAS7

You can reach me at my email:  cvillas77@yahoo.com.mx
Hello, 

I am very interested in this D&D Party Portrait! I've been playing Pathfinder with a group of friends and I know how much of a blast it is to draw and paint a party's characters to life!

Here are some samples of my past works:
Freezing Ritual by BacusIllustrations Attack from the Sky! by BacusIllustrations Exploring the Forgotten Crypts by BacusIllustrations Beast of the Mirror by BacusIllustrations Forest Archer by BacusIllustrations Beware When Gathering Dragon Eggs by BacusIllustrations Crystal Corruption by BacusIllustrations Fly Free From your Cage by BacusIllustrations Air Pollution: Fallen Angel by BacusIllustrations Technology Take Over by BacusIllustrations Scars of Body Image by BacusIllustrations

For pricing feel free to contact me with any questions you might have. Thank you so much for your time, and I hope to hear from you soon!

-Zack
Greetings-- I'm interested in the project.

Cost of the illustration is going to be a function of budget offered. 
Top quality, multiple characters with strong environment can push $600+
taking a month or more to produce, resulting in unique art worthy of a book cover.
Less detail with simpler environment would be less investment in less time.

If you like my work, send me a note or email FilKearney@GMail.com to discuss budget and expectations.
Pathfinder - Kyra v Undead by FilKearney Pathfinder - Sajan the Monk Study by FilKearney
Ruins of the Dell by FilKearney Pathfinder - Seoni Rooftop by FilKearney
Bubbling Mountain Brook by FilKearney Pathfinder - Merisiel The Rogue Study by FilKearney Santa Monica Grasslands by FilKearney

I'm interested, hard to go with an exact price, but I would say atleast $200 considering there's 6 characters Here's some example of my work :)

Armour study 280815 by Vimes-DA Eyelord concept design by Vimes-DA 22.04.16 value study by Vimes-DA Space Girl by Vimes-DA 2 11 2015  study by Vimes-DA Emerald Princess by Vimes-DA
Hello, I'm interested in your offer. I could do the job in more o less 1 week, and it would be around 160$, but the price can be negociated.

Here are some samples of my art:

The Morrigan by AranzazuFernandez Banshee by AranzazuFernandez Elven Druid by AranzazuFernandez Thoughtful Dwarf by AranzazuFernandez
The Purple Witch by AranzazuFernandez Drizzt Do'Urden by AranzazuFernandez Gentle Troll by AranzazuFernandez Shaman Troll by AranzazuFernandez

Mature Content

Huntress by AranzazuFernandez
Note sent!

Portfolio: vincentvanhoof.daportfolio.com

Email: Vincentvh@msn.com
Hi! I'm interested in doing some art, here are examples of my work:

20-30$ per character

I could do 6 characters in 3-4 days

Kratos colors by BorisPeci Yoshimitsu (Tekken 7) colors by BorisPeci Li Long colors by BorisPeci Ruins colors by BorisPeci Arnold Schwarzenegger by BorisPeci Goblin with Minigun by BorisPeci Gnome Flame Thrower by BorisPeci Other World by BorisPeci Steampunk Warrior by BorisPeci

Mature Content

Naked Lady 22 by BorisPeci

Mature Content

Naked Lady 23 by BorisPeci

Mature Content

Naked Lady 25 by BorisPeci
Xiaoyu by BorisPeci Nina Williams by BorisPeci Jinpachi by BorisPeci Arneson's Jump by BorisPeci Penpal Healing by BorisPeci Giant by BorisPeci Temple by BorisPeci
Hello, I am interested.

Please check out my journal which holds pricing and samples. Thanks.

Commissions [OPEN] by CherubGem

My painted style would be more what you're wanting, its less cartoony and leads more towards semirealism
drawcommissions.deviantart.com…

Hello! We are community of professional artists and illustrators who are specializated in drawing portraits, characters and other types of commissions. We work very fast - you can be sured that you`ll get your personal commission artwork in less than several days or even in several hours. You can choose between different styles which include cartoonish, semi realistic and realistic. You can find here an artist and style which you prefer most of all. We are also very interested in your project and ready to help for you with it. Please check our gallery for more deviations.

Alex - 12 by DrawCommissions Alex - 11 by DrawCommissions Alex - 10 by DrawCommissions Bella - 34 by DrawCommissions Bella - 33 by DrawCommissions Bella - 32 by DrawCommissions Sapfire - 2 by DrawCommissions Sapfire - 16 by DrawCommissions Sapfire - 13 by DrawCommissions Sapfire - 10 by DrawCommissions Sapfire - 8 by DrawCommissions Sapfire - 5 by DrawCommissions Sapfire - 1 by DrawCommissions Sapfire - 15 by DrawCommissions
Puma - 30 by DrawCommissions Puma - 28 by DrawCommissions Puma - 29 by DrawCommissions Puma - 10 by DrawCommissions Puma - 6 by DrawCommissions Puma - 3 by DrawCommissionsAlex - 9 by DrawCommissions Alex - 7 by DrawCommissions Alex - 6 by DrawCommissions Alex - 5 by DrawCommissions Alex - 4 by DrawCommissionsBella - 31 by DrawCommissions Bella - 28 commissios final fantasy tutorial by DrawCommissions Bella - 23 by DrawCommissions Bella - 19 by DrawCommissions Bella - 17 by DrawCommissions Bella - 30 by DrawCommissions Bella - 11 by DrawCommissionsRemi - 12 by DrawCommissions Remi - 10 by DrawCommissions Remi - 5 by DrawCommissions Remi - 4 by DrawCommissions Remi - 2 by DrawCommissions Remi - 11 by DrawCommissions AlaVal - 8 by DrawCommissions AlaVal - 7 by DrawCommissions AlaVal - 6 by DrawCommissions AlaVal by DrawCommissions AlaVal - 2 by DrawCommissions AlaVal - 5 by DrawCommissions SapDash - 15 by DrawCommissions SapDash - 16 by DrawCommissions SapDash - 14 by DrawCommissions SapDash - 13 by DrawCommissions SapDash - 11 by DrawCommissions SapDash - 2 by DrawCommissions
Hello! My name is Gregory Welter and I`m a professional artist. I have a huge experience in drawing book covers, fanart, Oc and etc so i`m very ineterested in drawing for you. I ususally work fast (drawing time: 1 hour-1 day) and with high quatily. Please check my gallery.

gregory-welter.deviantart.com/
weltergreg@mail.ru

Prices:
Portrait/headshot - 15$ (+10$ per additional character)
Halfbody - 25$ (+15$ per additional character)
Fullbody - 35$ (+20$ per additional character)
Background - starts from +10$

BrBa by Gregory-Welter Gadget by Gregory-Welter Knuckles Sonic by Gregory-Welter Commission bloody girl by Gregory-Welter Evil Morty by Gregory-Welter Falling down by Gregory-Welter Alien and Predator by Gregory-Welter Teddy and Ronnie sketch by Gregory-WelterLegend color painted sketches by Gregory-Welter Kingsman x Legend by Gregory-Welter dreaming in agony by Gregory-Welter Rick Sanchez by Gregory-Welter Leslie and Teddy - 2 by Gregory-Welter Harry Hart by Gregory-Welter eggsy with pug by Gregory-Welter Mad Max - 4 by Gregory-Welter Commission - dark man by Gregory-Welter Norman Reedus  - wind by Gregory-Welter Happy B-day Rina! by Gregory-Welter Sleeping with machine by Gregory-Welter Random portrait with fishes by Gregory-Welter Commission  - mermaid man by Gregory-Welter Commission - girl in blue dress by Gregory-Welter Metzel commission to Transkitten by Gregory-Welter Arabella commission to Transkitten by Gregory-Welter Norman Reedus by Gregory-Welter Jupiter Ascending poster - 3 by Gregory-Welter a gitf to random girl by Gregory-Welter The Fifth Element poster 2 by Gregory-Welter The Fifth Element poster by Gregory-Welter
I can help you with that! I have included samples and links to extra galleries below for your viewing. I also have a sheet of commission rates attached as well. seeing as how what you're describing sounds like a story illustration twice over   (in terms of complexity), then i think thats a good reference point for pricing. In terms of timeline, i could have it completed at an expedited pace (a week or slightly more) considering the conditions we discuss if you want to pursue my work. Otherwise, rest assured it'll be a month at the absolute most.

Santiago "Santo" Ibarra (i_santo) • Instagram photos and videos

Mind Of Santo • Instagram photos and videos

MAXIMUS // TEASER by Santos-scribbles  WELCOME//PRINCE by Santos-scribbles  Portal//Descent by Santos-scribbles  Sanctuary by Santos-scribbles  Poster by Santos-scribbles  Lako Jungle by Santos-scribbles   

Comissions by Santos-scribbles