Canvas / Oil Painting

Good Morning,

I'm new to deviant art, but not to google images. I've seen a ton of great dark-themed artwork from this community. I'm looking for some recommendations of artists who might be willing to work a contract for me in that vein. 

I am coming up on my tenth anniversary with my wife (8 months until the day). We're gamers. She loves Princess Peach, I love Yoshi. I'm looking for a large canvas print (or oil work) with dimensions of 2-3' by 2-3' (doesn't have to be square). I'm aiming for a much darker theme than usually found with these two characters. I have VERY loose constraints on the artwork and am looking for someone who can take my base idea and turn it into something worthy of our ten years of gaming addictions. I am not looking for cartoony. Imagine meeting Yoshi and Peach in the Gears of War Universe and you're on the right path.

For reference, we both thoroughly enjoy the Evil Totoro image. Google Image Search: "Evil Totoro Deviant" and you'll see what I'm looking for. I don't mind if re-prints are sold afterwards, I just want something tailored for us specifically (needs to be special for the missus). I'm aiming for a cost of about $200~300 (can be done with points if necessary), based on the portfolio of the artist. The background can be mostly, if not entirely, black. I'm more interested in foreground, Yoshi + Peach + maybe a few broken objects etc. This will be for our personal enjoyment, as stated above you can keep selling copies.

Thank you for your time and feedback.
Comments12
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I've settled on two possible artists now and have sent them Notes. A big Thank You everyone for your submissions and know that it was not an easy choice to filter down to two people. You folks are straight up amazing with your skills and I wish you all the very best.
Wow, I got an amazing number of responses to this. Thank you all for being interested. I'd like to have a couple days to filter through all the artists. Please no more submissions. I'll post again once I've finished looking through everyone's webpages/profiles/Etsy's etc... 
Hey, I know you said no more submission, but I'd like to give it a shot still. (: 
I was trained in traditional medium such as gouache and acrylic, also, have always tried my best to implement the essence in my digital paintings. love brush strokes.. xD
Hercules vs Hydra by Kit-Ho Studies by Kit-Ho Archer by Kit-Ho Jon Snow by Kit-Ho  more samples in my gallery. 

Though, I haven't had the chance to do any dark themed paintings, it would be great that I have the opportunity to do so (: 
well, with that said, let me know if you're interested and we can discuss further regarding details. note me or email me at   mkit@outlook.my  
Hope to hear from you, thank you for your time and consideration. 

-Kit
Hey!! I'd love to take you up on this!
I do custom art and drawings!
Check out my website and etsy! I just got new canvases and paints so I can help you out!!

Www.taraschoffer3.wix.com//schofferarts

Etsy: GhoulsGallery

Hello, my name is jonathan chanutomo.

i'm interested in this commission. you can check my deviantart gallery

jonathanchanutomo.deviantart.c…

and if you interested in my style, you can sent me a private note

or email me at chanutomo@gmail.com

. thx a lot!

IGGY by JonathanChanutomo Kuntilanak and Sundel Bolong by JonathanChanutomo Wrath of Kraken by JonathanChanutomo Potestates Tenebrarum by JonathanChanutomo Libertine by JonathanChanutomo The Truth and The Ivory by JonathanChanutomo photo to painting by JonathanChanutomo She Tiger by JonathanChanutomo Charlie the Charming Charmeleon by JonathanChanutomo

Revelation by JonathanChanutomo

Mature Content

Lioness of Judah by JonathanChanutomo
La Gitana by JonathanChanutomo zombie doodle by JonathanChanutomo Fighters by JonathanChanutomo Boba Fett and Encased Lady by JonathanChanutomo Evelyne's Secret by JonathanChanutomo The Maiden and the Unicorn by JonathanChanutomo Rei Ayanami by JonathanChanutomo From Morrigan with Love by JonathanChanutomo  Weird Monster by JonathanChanutomo Flaming Rex by JonathanChanutomo For One Last Time by JonathanChanutomo Sura and Baya by JonathanChanutomo chibi by JonathanChanutomo Gajah Mada, The T-shirt series by JonathanChanutomo

Hello my name is Anthony an oil painter and I am very interested in your project. I have also had a huge gaming addiction for most of my life. I would love to take this assignment as I am also a huge nintendo fan.

Breeze (Framed) by AntMora   The army (WIP) by AntMora   Huntress of the Night by AntMora   The Queen (Updated) by AntMora   The Rabbit and the Mushroom by AntMora
Hi i am very interested with your project. i am a visual artist i have a lot of experience in oil paint. I do Hyperrealism paint. i got a samples picture together with me and my work. but first can you show me some of the sample that you wanted to be and send it to my email . <atelierdzyner@gmail.com>.

i have some of my portfollios here at deviant but only a sketch/inked and digital work. you can check it here atelierdzyner.deviantart.com/g….

thanks PeeBreak. Godbless you and your wife. :)
OH, how fun!

I work digitally, so I'll make the print available in the DeviantArt shop for you to buy... I'll knock off the initial cost to match the print expense. 

If you like my style, be welcome to PM or email FilKearney@GMail.com

POE Beach Fun by FilKearney Nibiru Awakens by FilKearney
Arcana Blood and Bone - Show of Force by FilKearney Garou Sketch by FilKearney
hi,
i'm so interested,note sent
thanks
I am very interested, and have a lot of experience with oil paintings and darker themed imagery. 

You can see samples of my work at: adamwayneart.com

Thanks for your consideration. 

Best,

Adam Wayne