Webcomic Artists wanted -- $10/page -- horror/fairy tale short comics

Hi, I'm the writer and creator of the anthology webcomic, THE BOOK OF LIES and I'm looking for a few sequential artists for some short comics.  The pay is only $10/page -- low, I know, just some pizza and beer money, but it's a free webcomic and it's what I can afford.  If you want to check out the webcomic, here are a few links to completed stories:

THE TOWER--> bookofliescomic.thecomicseries…
OTHER PEOPLE'S HOUSES --> bookofliescomic.thecomicseries…
IN SPACE --> bookofliescomic.thecomicseries…
AND SO IT IS WRITTEN...  --> bookofliescomic.thecomicseries…

Most of what I have are horror and fairy tale-based comics, so I'm looking for people who can do cool fairy tale and/or horror style art.  Also these are COMIC BOOK SHORTS, so when responding please show or link to your COMIC BOOK PAGES if you have them.  Thanks.

Some of the stories available:

PACK -- a sequel to Little Red Riding Hood where the wolves of the forest seek revenge.... (long story, 20 pages)

LOOK INSIDE -- a sequel to Little Red Riding Hood about Little Red's brother and his encounter with the wolf.

DISSECTION -- aliens dissect a human being to better understand the nature of love.

THE MUMMY -- an archaeologist uses a mummy's curse to dispose of her cheating husband only to find the curse might be true...

AFTER -- in a world where voodoo is real, a Christian woman struggles to convinse a voodoo priest to resurrect her dead infant.

If you are interesting in doing a story, but none of these click let me know what you are into (favorite monster?  favorite fairy tale?) and I'll see what I can do. 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

--Paul
Comments35
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
 Comics artist looking for paid work!
Hello.
I call Marcelo Salaza.
I am comic artist.
I recently did the comic: trancers.
to actionlabscomics.
Here are some examples of my pages.
I search service.
I can produce 5-6 pages a week.
thanks.
marcelo salaza
casaqueviti@gmail.com
my links arts:

msalazanimated.blogspot.com.br…

thanks.
casaqueviti@gmail.com
Hello!

I am interested in your project :) (Smile) $10usd it is!

I have over 1 year exp of making custom commissions or character design based on descriptions and references :) (Smile)

Adopt [closed] by M1karuHalloween Adopt: Succubus CLOSED by M1karuJessica Fanart by M1karuQueenbee by M1karuPonytail Lady by M1karuRiff Raven by M1karuSteampunk Girl by M1karu

Scorpion Lady by M1karuPunk Devil Hunter Auction [Closed] by M1karuGroup One by M1karuJared: ToxicHazard by M1karuGroup Two by M1karuGroup Four by M1karuGroup Three by M1karu Commission for Imagikey by M1karuSupah Soldiers of Doom :) by M1karuLorelei by M1karuRyden Life Coverart by M1karupage 1, Chapter 2 for Ryden Life manga by M1karu
 Page 18 by M1karu Page 8 by M1karu  Page 10 by M1karu
Hi and thanks for the interest.  You have some nice stuff, but I don't think it quite fits what I have free right now and I'm already committed to other writing projects for the month.  But if you'd be interested in doing something in a couple months, stay in touch and I'll see if I can find something for you.
no worries :) thanks for the reply...
I'll be here when you need be :) I'll be looking for other commissions atm :)
If you need a Colorist and/or Letterer feel free to get in contact with me.

;) (Wink) 
Thanks, but I do all the lettering and I don't have a separate budget for color.
If you still have some stories avalible, I am interested in them. I have really liked the webcomics that you have.

You can check my gallery, I don't know if this is the type of illustration that you are looking for your comics. I have done some short comics earlier but they are not on deviantart

ainhoona.deviantart.com/galler…
Thanks for the interest, but it's not the style I'm looking for for the stories I have free at this time.  --Paul
Okay, no problem. Discovering your webcomics was great, anyway:)
One Piece - Shanks and Luffy by Voltzix    Fired Up..! by Voltzix    Naruto The Last  - Naruto and Hinata by Voltzix   Naruto 666 - Let's Go Obito..! by Voltzix   Bleach 625 by Voltzix 

voltzix.deviantart.com/
Thanks for the interest, but it's not the style I'm looking for for the stories I have free at this time.  --Paul
Sounds like fun! :D
Here are a few examples of my works:
Dragon Comic 34 by Whiplash3 Dragon Comic 37 by Whiplash3 Dragon Comic 36 by Whiplash3 Dragon Comic 35 by Whiplash3 Dragon Comic 33 by Whiplash3
Hi! happy new year! I'm interested, those webcomics are awesome! Some examples of my art, contact me if interested:

Creepy (WIP) by Shipahn  Hail to the Pope by Shipahn  Witch by Shipahn  WIP Portrait by Shipahn  Alice vs Jabberwocky by Shipahn  El Coco by Shipahn  

Some years ago I did the pencils for one little mini webcomic story too, though it is unfinished the comic just got to get digital lineart done here are the pages:

1 By Shipahn-d6c2e4w by Shipahn   2 By Shipahn-d6c2e43 by Shipahn 3 By Shipahn-d6c2e3l by Shipahn  4 Deg  By Shipahn-d6c2e31 by Shipahn  5 By Shipahn-d6c2e29 by Shipahn   6 By Shipahn-d6c2e1p by Shipahn
3 by junbor66  here is  one of  my horror comics
yes i've done many horror comix. i just dont have any sample on my deviant 
i am interested on your  project i am a comix illustrator  you can visit my gallery
Hi!! I'd love to have a chance to work on one of your stories please ^_^ Kindly check me and my brother out here:      anuosha.deviantart.com/gallery… saibirfan.deviantart.com/galle…

I'm interested in the Red Riding Hood series! Thank you in advance.. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
I can adapt to different styles if you'd lend me a sample :) I'd love to replicate... I hope you'd keep me in your list for other projects to come... please holla at me!
Hi there, first off, let me say that I found your webcomic anthology of horror stories yesterday, and I. WAS. HOOKED!! :O I had to show my brothers later, and they loved them too. :aww:

Okay, fangirling over. :giggle: Which of these stories are still available? I'd love to illustrate a story for you. :aww: I'm drawn to the Red Riding Hood stories, since I have a great love for faerie tales. Who doesn't? =p

I admit to being a little rusty, but here are some old pages I did for a scrapped webcomic series I was writing as a teen: silvergateforest.deviantart.co…

Let me know, and if not, maybe a future story? Like, if you ever do an adaptation of Beauty and the Beast, I'd love to know!! :D

~ :bulletgreen: Alexandria