Long term comic artist/letterer(s) needed

Hello everyone.

So I am looking for an artist(s) to help bring my vision to the page.  Ideally, a full production artist capable of pencils, inks, colors, and letters would be great.  But if I can find the right team, then that is an option also.

I have a script for a single issue already done, working on number two now.  The genre is crime noir but set in 2100.  In this world there are lots of things that are different than 2015 Earth, some not so much.  The protagonists are very flawed anti-hero types.  The dialogue is often gruff and profane, the action at times brutal.  Its a dark world indeed, and the imagery would need to reflect that.

The artist here would need to be capable of creating characters based off descriptions.  I have fleshed out my cast pretty well, but there has to be an ability to invent from these descriptions.  So, therefore I am not really interested in seeing your replication of popular characters.  I would like to see original characters and backdrops.  A lot of the panels here feature closeups so being able to detail faces is a must.  Also, taking my ideas and switching things around if the outcome is better would be welcome.  For instance, some of my panels feature long conversations between characters.  Being able to come up with different angles I may not envision would be outstanding.  I really want this to be a team collaboration instead of a client/ artist type project.  That said, understanding sequential comic art and also how to allow space for lettering is vital.

I have a budget for the first issue.  But I am looking for someone that believes in my world enough that after that we could work under a different agreement.  Of course, any good artist would need to see the script to agree to these terms.  In that sense, I'd be willing to share my intro (10 pages) to the right candidate to see if they'd be willing to commit to something long term.  Those interested, please post or pm me your work or links to it.  Potential candidates can discuss rates with me later.  I do not need them yet but if you want to send those too, then that is fine.  To be clear, this 1st issue is a PAID venture.

I am really excited about this project and look forward to talking with you.  Ciao for now.
Comments25
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Sounds Good

Here are some of my works.....

Please send a note or email if interested... thulasithasen19@gmail.com

Thanks!

Character Design works by TT19  Character Design works by TT19  pose practice by TT19  Horse character design by TT19  Face practice... by TT19  Vkdvi by TT19  Commissioned piece by TT19  commission... by TT19  Shivan by TT19  Uncharted 3 by TT19  A poster for a pitbull event by TT19  couple by TT19  Look na.!..no hands by TT19  Rwd6 by TT19  Rwd5 by TT19  Rwd4 by TT19  Storyboard works by TT19  Sequential Sample 2 by TT19  Bg practice by TT19  Wedding card design by TT19  Zak concept sketches by TT19  Classical Dancer by TT19  Ghost Ship by TT19  Maxtower Inital Concept by TT19  IKEMBA the elephant slayer by TT19  Line art work for a commission by TT19  jaegger by TT19  Jaegger by TT19  Character Design works by TT19  portfolio works by TT19     

I sent you a note.
My style would be perfect for this.

For a sketch I'd charge $5 per character. (takes about less than a week)
Concept Art: Vine Hand by maligniConcept art: Peasant 2 by maligniConcept art: Fighter by maligni

I'd charge $15 for an inked work with no color. Plus an extra $7 per character. (takes about a week)
Dancing with the Enemy by maligniI scream RPG by maligni

and I'd charge $30 for inked with color. Plus an extra $10 per character. (takes about two weeks)
Leg by maligniI scream RPG colored by maligniLady of the Dark by maligniApathy by maligni Green is cool by maligniPinks by malignic04 by maligniRarkthor's Hold by maligni

If it's got a detailed background it would be $40. Plus an extra $10 per character. (takes about two weeks.).
Wooo Scary by maligni

Mature Content

Elf Among The Bricks by maligni
Bee and Puppycat by maligniNinja Trio by malignic02 by malignico3 by maligniLet's Go Camping by maligni

Don't let the prices keep you from making an offer. If the project interests me I would very willing to give a discount. For example, I would love to be commissioned to do a manga/comic but haven't had any offers yet.

Pay by PayPal please. I'd prefer to be paid half up front and half after.
Thanks for considering me.
Hello, we are interested, if do you want, please look at our work and prices.

Our gallery:
swetiedream.deviantart.com/gal…

Our prices:

Commisions Precios E Imagenes by swetiedream
If you like it, plese send us a note.
Hi hi! I am interested, here is my commissions info!

Chibi $20
CC by LukyAnCFon by LukyAnCCC:Reita by LukyAnCCC: Lilith by LukyAnC

Loli style $30
Joshua and Alexandra by LukyAnCEmma by LukyAnCLuna and Kai 2 by LukyAnC

Celshading full body $35 (Extra character $30)
Otherworlde charas by LukyAnC Blush blush by LukyAnCBoo by LukyAnC

Celshading bust shot $20
Caswen by LukyAnCArvella by LukyAnCRoss by LukyAnCOdroah by LukyAnC

CG full body $40 (extra character $35, + simple background $5) (ask for complex backgrounds)
Dino Tamer Mista! by LukyAnCErica by LukyAnCHe is a refined squirrel by LukyAnCThis is a room. by LukyAnCDino Tamer Mista 2 by LukyAnC

Manga Pages $50-$60 depending on complexity.
Mp2 by LukyAnCOW page 2 by LukyAnCDj-kid 2 by LukyAnC
I'm an experienced letterer, give me a shout. I'm able to do long-term stuff.
Hey there! I'm an experienced comic artist and graphic designer, so your project is right up my alley! I am a professional comic artist with about 6 different, self-made series in development, which means that I know the in's and out's of the process from beginning to end. If you're looking for a full-production artist, look no further! I can do everything from thumbnails and scripts to lettering and coloring. I'm also happy to work as part of a team if you decide to go that route. I specialize in character design and stylistic versatility, though I admit backgrounds are not my strongest suit. What this means for you is that I'm highly adaptable and, if given a decent amount of reference of course, I can easily draw in a style that should be just what you're looking for! We can talk about prices when/if I receive your enthusiastic response :) Needless to say I like to be as flexible as I can to each of my customer's budgets.

So, feel free to browse my gallery, or you can follow the link below to check out my portfolio and see some of my favorites:

jakenova.daportfolio.com

I hope to hear from you soon!
Thanks for your time :)
-Jake
Sounds Good ....

Here are some of my works

Please send a note if interested

Thanks!

Shivan by Thasen19  Character Design works by Thasen19 Comic works by Thasen19 commission... by Thasen19   Face practice... by Thasen19 Character Design works by Thasen19  Jaegger by Thasen19  11102695 922743851089288 528697145971565763 N (1) by Thasen19 portfolio works by Thasen19   Sba11 by Thasen19  IKEMBA the elephant slayer by Thasen19  Wolverine... by Thasen19  Wedding card design by Thasen19  Zak concept sketches by Thasen19  
Notorious Pirate Black Sheep [Work in progress] by jzhaw So kawaii, so snappy! by jzhaw Steampunk Explorer Design by jzhaw Purrge the Fire Wizard by jzhaw

we can talk on skype if ever you are interested
i am a penciler and inker only..here's my sample of works in instagram.. instagram.com/carl_embalzado/
wow!  I really appreciate everyone responding.  Between the posts and notes, i really have a lot of great art to go through.  I am working on that now and will be contacting at least one of you!  Really appreciate all of you!
Hello, I've sent you a note. Please check me out, thank you.

Coferosa
hey im interested check out my sample, very low rates
Untitled

Hi! I'm interested in doing some art, here are examples of my work:

I can do pencils, inks, colors...

Mature Content

Page 1 by borosaur
The Creation colors by borosaur Cover - Hero Trip Colors by borosaur Durja by borosaur Page 1 inks by borosaur Calavari by borosaur Calavari female by borosaur ASM 368 pg7 colors by borosaur Anubarak vs. Nazeebo by borosaur IH 387 pg4 colors by borosaur IH 387 pg3 colors by borosaur IH 387 pg2 colors by borosaur ASM 368 pg4 colors by borosaur
Hi I am interested in the advertisement here you sending my link  
guillo0.daportfolio.com/
www.facebook.com/VillarrealGui…
Hi,
i'm so interested, note sent
thanks,
arty
Would you also need a cover artist? If so my work can be viewed here:
www.facebook.com/vipersandhero…

Sincerely

Dale
Hello! We are community of professional artists and illustrators who are specializated in drawing portraits, characters and other types of commissions. We work very fast - you can be sured that you`ll get your personal commission artwork in less than several days or even in several hours. You can choose between different styles which include cartoonish, semi realistic and realistic. You can find here an artist and style which you prefer most of all. We are also very interested in your project and ready to help for you with it. Please check our gallery for more deviations.
Robin - 8 by DrawCommissions  Robin - 7 by DrawCommissions  Robin - 6 by DrawCommissions  Robin - 14 by DrawCommissions  Robin - 9 by DrawCommissions  Robin - 11 by DrawCommissions  Robin - 12 by DrawCommissions  Robin - 13 by DrawCommissions  Robin - 16 by DrawCommissions  Robin - 15 by DrawCommissions  Robin - 17 by DrawCommissions  Robin - 18 commission for ExtraMana by DrawCommissions  Puma - 29 by DrawCommissions  Puma - 28 by DrawCommissions  Puma - 3 by DrawCommissions  Puma - 4 by DrawCommissions  Puma - 2 by DrawCommissions  Puma - 5 by DrawCommissions  Puma - 6 by DrawCommissions  Puma - 8 by DrawCommissions  Puma - 7 by DrawCommissions  Puma - 11 by DrawCommissions  Puma - 13 by DrawCommissions  Puma - 15 by DrawCommissions  Puma - 24 by DrawCommissions  Puma - 26 by DrawCommissions