One-off fantasy rpg character commission needed

I'm a fantasy RPG gamer in need of a picture for my latest character.  Due to her unusual race, there isn't much publicly available that I could find to use.  I'm looking for a full body action pose, preferably one with a three-quarter view of the face that I could crop and use when I only need a head shot.  (If that really doesn't work for an action pose for you we could possibly negotiate a separate head shot though.

If you are familiar with the Pathfinder system, the character sheet is here for your perusal: www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.htm…

A full description of her race is here: archivesofnethys.com/RacesDisp…

First thing I will say is style is not all that important to a certain point.  I could see semi-realistic, anime, or comic book hero styles all working out just fine.   Not looking for chibi though.

There are a few things that I will be looking for.  Once we've agreed to work together, I'll give you a more complete description, but there are some points I will use to select an artist.

1.  She comes from The Shackles, a chain of islands known mostly for pirates.  So if you have any examples of pirate women you've drawn before, that would be a big help as she'll be similarly attired.

2.  Use of color is going to be important, so I definitely want to see samples that show full use of vibrant color.  When I look at her blue skin, I want to feel as though if I were to reach out and touch it, ripples would form like touching the surface of a lake.

3.  Speaking of skin colors, my character has a special ability called Flesh Chameleon.  "Some undines can change their coloration to match human skin tones. An undine with this racial trait can change her natural blue hue to match any normal human skin tone."  So what I'd like is her action pose to show her skin mid-transformation.  Have you done anything like this before?  I'll definitely defer to the artist what looks good here.  Because in some poses it might be difficult to capture this plus the point above about the blue skin.

4.  Her main weapons are a rapier and crossbow.  Do you have experience in drawing these type of weapons?

5.  Being a creature of the see that lived among treasure loving pirates she fancies jewels of all sorts, but especially pearls.  Is this something you feel you can work in?

Of course, it always comes down to money.  I wish it didn't, but with child 4 due to arrive any day now, I'm not exactly made of money.  So please be sure you give me your prices up front.  If I really love your work, but can't afford your price right away, I'll probably ask if you'd be available to start in August instead, so I have time to save up a little bit more money.

I'm going to be somewhat picky regarding whom I select, I'll probably even keep the offer open for a while just to make sure I get a good selection of candidates, so don't be discouraged if I don't contact you back right away.  (I'll try to acknowledge your interest though.  I've applied for enough jobs where you never hear from the potential employer after a while to know how much that sucks.)

Know however that if do end up selecting you to work on the commission it's because I have full faith in your ability to deliver the results I'm after and full payment up front will not be a problem.

Thank you!
Comments43
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Thank you to all who have replied to my offer.  I have made my decision and will start contacting everyone over the next day or two.
Hello
I'm a freelance illustrator and concept artist, really interested in this job (lovely character description). Please check my portfolio ( www.betty-art.daportfolio.com ) and DA gallery to see if my style suits your taste. For a full-body character concept is $50-70 (depending on level of complexity).
Few examples:
Warrior by shy4 Creature Concepts_5 by shy4 Creature Concepts_7 by shy4 Creature Concepts_8 by shy4 Space Alien by shy4 Floating warrior by shy4 Merchant dwarf prince by shy4 Aliens by shy4
Thanks
Betty
HI,
i'm interested in your commission proposal, sounds very interesting. I work with fantasy and character design, especially in girls.

Here my price Commission - SUMMER SALES In this period  I practice a discount of 25%
and Here some example of my works:

Flowers and butterflies by Jessica-Prando  After the banquet by Jessica-Prando  Fairy Queen by Jessica-Prando  Night Hunter by Jessica-Prando  Light in darkness by Jessica-Prando  Felicia - Darkstalker by Jessica-Prando  Tribal Elf by Jessica-Prando  Swan of Tuonela - FanArt by Jessica-Prando  Flora witch by Jessica-Prando  

feel free to contac me if you like my style or for any questions!
Best regards,
Jessica
www.howardyoutooday.blogspot.com

let me know if this interests you~
Hi! I'm interested to draw your OCs, here are my samples:

Commission - wanderingbytes by tireimisu  Commission - Chobits Wanderingbytes by tireimisu  Commission - xenoverse by tireimisu  Commission - Wingsofreparation by tireimisu  Commission - Jage and kiya by tireimisu  [Commission] - vince-hall by tireimisu  [Commission] - smoppet by tireimisu  [Commission] - vioIetskies 01 by tireimisu  [Commission] - ninnonda hunhan by tireimisu  [Commission] - vioIetskies 03 by tireimisu   Commission - Linked memories by tireimisu  Kim Sungjoo 21st Birthday by tireimisu  Nicola Stud by tireimisu  

Bullet; Red Bust : $30 (single) | $55 (couple)
Bullet; Red Full body : $55 (single) | $85 (couple)

Additional background : +$15-depends on details

Please send me a Note or email at a7319586@qq.com if you're interested~! Thank you.
Hi,
I'm interested, here my samples..
Katsuya_Moe Moe Niji Taisen pinup by dotlineshapeClaire Mechanic preview by dotlineshapeStrawberry Dance by dotlineshapeCommission : Angel and a Bear by dotlineshape
Strike by dotlineshapeCriminal Partner small by dotlineshapeSuper Dara by dotlineshapeSpiderman vs Green Goblin by dotlineshape
masha and the Bear by dotlineshapeChun-Li by dotlineshapeQuen of tedong by dotlineshapewarriors by dotlineshape
Batgirl Fan Art by dotlineshapeninja by dotlineshapePlease Don't Eat Me by dotlineshapeMedusa Sci-fi by dotlineshape
Please, note me if you're interested.
thank you for your time
Sounds really interesting, I like undines and creative races *^* 
Here my pricelist and examples:

Comission: Alysedai by whianem The Pin Up Lady by whianem [SOLD] Adopt: Female Elf by whianem SM - Halloween Contest by whianem [CLOSED] Adoptable Vampire by whianem
-------------------------------------------------

Bullet; Orange Bullet; Orange Bullet; Orange Bullet; Orange O FULLBODY O Bullet; Orange Bullet; Orange Bullet; Orange Bullet; Orange

FULLBODY PRICES: 

- Fullcolor: 
$13 // 12.03€ // 1040 points.

2 Fullcolor Fullbody (-30%)
$22.1 // 19.43€ // 1768 points 
(instead of $26 // 24.06€ // 2080 points) 

- Lineart: 
$6.50 // 6.02€ // 520 points.

Bullet; Orange Bullet; Orange Bullet; Orange Bullet; Orange O BUST O Bullet; Orange Bullet; Orange Bullet; Orange Bullet; Orange

BUST PRICES: 

- Fullcolor: 
$8.50
 // 7.87€ // 680 points.

- 2 Fullcolor Bust (-30%):

$11.9 // 13.58€ // 952 points.

- Lineart: 
$4.25 // 3.93€ // 340 points.

Bullet; Orange Bullet; Orange Bullet; Orange Bullet; Orange O HEADSHOT O Bullet; Orange Bullet; Orange Bullet; Orange Bullet; Orange

HEADSHOT PRICES:

- Fullcolor: 
$5 // 4.63€ // 400 points.

- 2 Fullcolor Headshots (-30%):
$8.50 // 6.16€ // 680 points
(instead of $10 // 9.26€ // 800 points)

- Lineart: 
$3.50 // 3.24€ // 280 points.
Hi! I'm interested, note sent :) thanks
How goes it. You seem to have everything under control so I will get to the point. There are 1 or 2 items on your list that I haven't drawn before but I know I can do it if I try eg rapiers. with that said I have full confidence in my ability to portray your character at her best. I'll leave some examples for you to look at. I will be looking forward to your response.
Heroes of the storm by lazpev
Samurai concept by lazpev Samurai Concept 2 by lazpev Master of Arms by lazpev Silent one base color by lazpev The true Silent one by lazpev Dark by lazpev Pameladevenuto by lazpev Jae by lazpev Bday present by lazpev Snow Woman by lazpev
Interested
Email is emoarchat@gmail.com 

Ahomesickalien Oc:commission by dogersmith Heroine oc by dogersmith Cyborgsamurai by dogersmith Any Kind by dogersmith 34HpRising by dogersmith Samara Nude by dogersmith Dragon Chick by dogersmith Dragon oc request by dogersmith

Hello, I am very interested in this job. Please take a look at some examples of my work.

You can also view my portfolio at nylelevi.com

Please do not hesitate to get in touch via nylee@hotmail.co.uk or through DeviantArt private message. 

Thank you

N L V I - 2 by NyleLevi Shaman by NyleLevi N L V I by NyleLevi Practice 11 - Catwoman by NyleLevi Comic Cover by NyleLevi Tigerwolf by NyleLevi Gorilla! by NyleLevi Superman by NyleLevi

Knight Pencils by NyleLevi

Hi, I saw your offer
I am interested and up for it

here some samples of my painting
Hope it meets with what you looking for.

Giant pet by tanteyin Liagon's Contest by tanteyin Hipster Monk by tanteyin MADMAX by tanteyin FURIOSA by tanteyin
white suit by tanteyin SHEN by tanteyin COMMISSION Sake-loup by tanteyin Raffle Giftart by tanteyin
Fallen by tanteyin RPG - Enemy by tanteyin
Angpao by tanteyin

My rate starts from 30$ for fully rendered and colored half body character. including background. it could go up up to 80$ depending on complexity of the request such as posse, extra character, or adding other detail.

Not to worry And I always open to negotiate for the rate.

I updates client regularly, starting from sketch to shading until final result, to achieve satisfying result for both party.

Visit my gallery for more samples.
tanteyin.deviantart.com/galler…

thank you so much for the time.

feel free to note me back or email me
bukanorang_gila@yahoo.com
if you have any questions ;)

Best Regards

Erin
I've gone through all the applications I've received thus far.   I will be starting to send out individual responses when I have more time, probably over the weekend.
Pathfinder is awesome.

Pathfinder - Kyra v Undead by FilKearney Pathfinder - Kyra the Cleric Study by FilKearney
Pathfinder - Lini ini Tree by FilKearney Pathfinder - Sajan the Monk Study by FilKearney
Numenera -- Sea-faring Varjellen by FilKearney Pathfinder - Merisiel The Rogue Study by FilKearney Pathfinder - Feiya the Witch Study by FilKearney

Prices start at $65
Hi,
i'm so interested, note sent
thanks,
arty
Done quite a bit of RPG stuff and fantasy is always fun so I'd be up for it. My price for a pinup with none to limited background is $90.

Riki by weremole  Crab Girl by weremole   Bone Party Cover by weremole  The Mings by weremole   Seifao by weremole

Thank you for your time.

-Daniel Olsén
Hi interested in working with you, please give me a look. Thanks.

It took my interest

My specialty is that of character design chart, conceptual art, and line art

I do many range of style, but I excel in anime style

Chibi

Protagonis Chara Design Chibi Version by shiromushiichika

Character design chart Flat Color

Anne 2 Vers 2 by shiromushiichika Comm1 by shiromushiichika Verse by shiromushiichika

Manga Sample

Sample by shiromushiichika Manga Sample 2 by shiromushiichika

Bust Up

Cover: Snow and Sand Romance by shiromushiichika Hatsune Miku 2020 by shiromushiichika

Full Body Illustration with simple BG

Protagonis Promotional Poster by shiromushiichika HEAVY METAL ALCHEMIST by shiromushiichika Hatsune Miku Append by shiromushiichika

Detailed Back Ground

Somewhere Beyond The Winter Sky by shiromushiichika FOR EVERY LONE WOLVES by shiromushiichika

Character illustration full BG

Rainbow Over Twilight by shiromushiichika

Hi there...
I am interested with your project.
And here some sample arts of mine...
Chibi : MAKOTO TACHIBANA by MiyancaoiChibi : HARUKA NANASE by MiyancaoiCOMMISSION : OSSTERIAN BOUNTY HUNTER by MiyancaoiTRIBUTE TO NARUTO by MiyancaoiCOMMISSION : OSSTERIAN BEAUTY by MiyancaoiSAILORMOON : MOON POWER MAKE UP!!! by MiyancaoiMAMORU CHIBA as MASKING TUXEDO of SAILORMOON by MiyancaoiSAILORMOON + TUXEDO MASK by MiyancaoiSAILORMOON : GALAXIES REUNITE by MiyancaoiRINKA of re:ON by MiyancaoiHEY BABY HEY by MiyancaoiHEY BABY by Miyancaoi TROPICAL IDOL by Miyancaoi REI RYUGAZAKI by MiyancaoiCOME WITH US (BIKINI) by MiyancaoiCOME WITH US by MiyancaoiCOMMISSION : OCRIAN MAN by Miyancaoi Hatsune Miku - ON THE BEACH by MiyancaoiHatsune Miku - ON THE STAGE by Miyancaoi

PINK HAIRED PREPPY GAL by Miyancaoi RED HAIRED PREPPY GAL by Miyancaoi

Hope these suits you... 
My price are vary and negotiable, depend on the complexity of the work.. but mostly I start in $50.
For further information, catch me on my email --- anca.siajang@gmail.com

Best regards
Anca.