Gothic/Horror artwork (for cover of short story)

Hey all,

I'm looking for an artist to do a cover for a short story.
This is really a test run, with the hope of finding a cover artist for a series of comic books in the future.
The budget is $120 US for 1 character, limited BG (Mostly darkness)

You're welcome to read the short story it will illustrate:
www.reddit.com/r/truecreepy/co…

Here are related works, and other images of the main character in the story:
THE BOOK OF THE KEY AND THE LOCK by setvasai
THE SPIDER IN THE WEB by ellinsworth
franksdumpblog.tumblr.com/post…

So this will give you an idea of the character and style. What i'm looking for - A cover for the short story portraying this character (A super villain/satanic cult leader type of character wearing a balaclava and fedora - sitting in darkness, surrounded by candles, with a pentagram in blood in front of him, meditating and making elder signs with his fingers.)

AS A VERY CRUDE EXAMPLE - here is a thumbnail sketch:
i.imgur.com/mXz2U2b.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------
As stated previously ---- i'm hoping to build an ongoing relationship with an artist for further fully illustrated comics, which will be higher paid than this.

Part of the conditions of the commission is that the short story will be linked to from your Deviant art account, and a title will be added to your artwork before posting. As part of the terms viral marketing of the stories will bring an increase in visitors to your gallery.

Mainly deciding based on applicants love of the genre, and enthusiasm.

Post gallery and note me if interested.
Comments45
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Hi I'm Anthony Moravian, a traditional painter, and I would love to work with you on the horror cover art. I specialize in painting many different themes realistically while exaggerating color to achieve the desired effect. I believe I would be a good fit because I love horror and classic horror films and comics, so having the chance to create images reminiscent of them would be ideal. Please check out my website anthony-moravian-knsa.squarespace.com and feel free to contact me for any question. Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.
Email: Amoravian@gmail.com

The Queen (Updated) by AntMora  The Cat's Calling by AntMora  Cemetery Angel by AntMora  The Rabbit and the Mushroom by AntMora  Self Portrait by AntMora   Lady and the Wolf by AntMora  Through the Depths by AntMora  White and Black by AntMora  
Check out my website, and if you'd like to work together, send me a line.
www.artofpeterwhite.com/web/
Dark Turn of Mind 2 by samuraipeter Innsmouth by samuraipeter Tapeworm Child by samuraipeter The Pulse cover by samuraipeter Depression by samuraipeter Fire City Demon by samuraipeter
Feel free to check out my gallery here, Im fast and have good quality
heroforpain.deviantart.com/gal…
Hello. I am illustrator, colorist, cover artist and comic book and storyboard artist check my works: dirtyandbroken.deviantart.com/…
Hello im Intrested!
Heres my Gallery please check it out: dreamexperience.deviantart.com…

Best regards
Dreamexperience
  I am interested.
   The Keep by uroshokuto17       Prophesy by uroshokuto17 Dimensions by uroshokuto17 Monster by uroshokuto17 Demon by uroshokuto17 Monster1 by uroshokuto17
A Playdate with Abathur by Karendrae  Not today Zagara (Blizzard Competition) by Karendrae  Mafford of Moonguard by Karendrae  Troll DK Close Up by Karendrae  

I'd like to take a whack at it. Note me :).
Also, I love how you/your associate turned the Superman symbol into a snake for your villain there. Awesome.

Hi, I'm very interest, I have long time experience doing commissions as free-lance artist (traditional art, digital art, comic pages, illustrations, designs, etc), here're some examples of my work:

Children Bait by ManekiNeko11 Nice to meet you young lady by ManekiNeko11 Summoning the demons of my soul by ManekiNeko11 For My Little Bat by ManekiNeko11 Rie Kessels pin-up by Diorgo In Fractions by ManekiNeko11 Baloons by ManekiNeko11 Light by ManekiNeko11

They Still Remember by ManekiNeko11 Hang on There by ManekiNeko11 Stitwork_page 04 by ManekiNeko11The Centaurus Curse Page 8 Issue 5 by ManekiNeko11Maternity page 4 by ManekiNeko11 Maternity page 5 by ManekiNeko11 Ask Santa page 4  GEP Pulp #8 by ManekiNeko11 Ask Santa page 8  GEP Pulp #8 by ManekiNeko11

Walking on red wolf's forest by ManekiNeko11 Dragon and a girl by ManekiNeko11 Angel in darkness by ManekiNeko11 

Vectors

My OC Gothica by ManekiNeko11 My Princess by ManekiNeko11  Kp Thumb for Bride of Discord Review by ManekiNeko11 Yuko-sama Pony by ManekiNeko11

Sprites

KP cuddling Discord by ManekiNeko11 Cara Sprite commission by ManekiNeko11 Dan-kitten-sprite by ManekiNeko11 Sprite animation gif by ManekiNeko11

In case you want to contact me you can either drop a note or my email me at:

yuuko.kitten@gmail.com

Thank you

Hi, I'm interested in your project, please take a look to my gallery: uttotor.daportfolio.com/galler…
Hi, I am interested in joining your project. Here is a link to my online portfolio for your perusal bangsfangs.wordpress.com. Thank you.
Hi,
I'm
 professional in illustration and concept art.
here are samples of my work:

Ranger by linggarbramanty  Subzero by linggarbramanty  Oda Nobunaga by linggarbramanty  Mind control by linggarbramanty  Elf Ambush by linggarbramanty  beauty and the giant by linggarbramanty Epimetheus by linggarbramanty  Taishakuten by linggarbramanty  Spell by linggarbramanty  Tentacle Swarm by linggarbramanty 

Contact me if you're interested.
Thank you for your time

linggarbramanty@gmail.com
i read a small portion of this.... 

see tongues kept on meat hooks as if were worms. lol. 

what's wrong with me? ^^; 
Hi, I'm interested!

Some examples:  
Goddess Gold by Piky Duda by Piky Stop violence against women by Piky Lumina - Juba Tribute by Piky
Hi there, your job posting seems like an interesting creative challenge, especially because horror is always very rewarding to do! I'd love to hear more about your creative goals.  I am a Los Angeles based concept designer and 3D artist based in Los Angeles. Check out more of my work at XanderSmithDesign.com. Thanks and best of luck with your project!

DarkRiderRenderandPainting vFINAL by XanderSmithDesign  WetWorkCharactersNoDialogue by XanderSmithDesign  ORKfinalComp by XanderSmithDesign  The Witch by XanderSmithDesign  NewHorrorCreatureLineup vFinalLARGE by XanderSmithDesign  CenobiteSketches vFinal by XanderSmithDesign  DarkRider v1 by XanderSmithDesign  SatanandSpine by XanderSmithDesign  ZombieRexandBishop v1 by XanderSmithDesign  WetWorkTeaser4 by XanderSmithDesign  _Raptor Squad by XanderSmithDesign  
Good day, I am interested in your project. I do allot of movie and Gothic type art.
please view my art here: www.facebook.com/cinemamacabre…

Leave me a note if interested.
Hello!
I'm really interested in your project and it would be great to work with you. Here you can ceck my portfolio: FanOfTill Art

The new source by FanOfTill Act of creation by FanOfTill Commission - no end by FanOfTill Environment 1 by FanOfTill Stones by FanOfTill A little nasty gift by FanOfTill Abandoned by FanOfTill

Owen by FanOfTill Incubus by FanOfTill Commission - Gorgona by FanOfTill von Grellenort by FanOfTill Mr Shy by FanOfTill

In nomine Tuo 2.0 by FanOfTill Bumblebee 2 by FanOfTill Grain griffin by FanOfTill

Please send me a note if you like my work.
Hello! I am interested! Here are examples of my work:

Ciel Phantomhive by MidnightZone Snow Battle #3 by MidnightZone Snow Battle #2 by MidnightZone Enthroned Monarch by MidnightZone Among Thieves by MidnightZone Words like Venom by MidnightZone

more examples of my work can be found: tifanygonzalez.carbonmade.com/

send me a note or contact me via: tifanyucf@knights.ucf.edu
Greetings, I am very interested in this job. I would like to invite you to see my portfolio:

artstation.com/artist/azaggon
azaggon.deviantart.com/gallery

Feel free to contact me via forevershining46@gmail.com or here if you consider that my art is what you are looking for. Thank you and have a good day.

Erza Scarlet - Robe of Yuen by Azaggon Erza Scarlet - Black Wing armor by Azaggon Gangstar Mario by Azaggon Naruto Nine-Tails Chakra Mode by Azaggon Crystal Maiden Arcana by Azaggon Girl in Red by Azaggon Lizardman by Azaggon Silence by Azaggon Gathering of Wizards by Azaggon Shadow Bolt by Azaggon Lightning Bolts by Azaggon Ronan the accuser - Merry Xmas version by Azaggon MARIANA the FAERIE by Azaggon Becker by Azaggon Dota 2 Creeps fight by Azaggon
Hey, I'm interested.  I have a tendency towards both sides of the coin, sometimes going for cute and sometimes for dark.  Sometimes a bit of both.  I have a particular fondness for skeletons and strange creatures.

Delphi by e-pona July 7: Something scenic by e-pona Storm Bird by e-pona Awkward Family Photos by e-pona June 9: The place death forgot by e-pona Waiting for the Sunrise by e-pona June 26:  Surrounded by e-pona July 4 by e-pona July 22: The Bugalope by e-pona T Rex Skull by e-pona

Let me know if you want to work together on this.  Best of luck with your project!

Hello, my name is jonathan chanutomo.

i'm interested in this commission. you can check my deviantart gallery

jonathanchanutomo.deviantart.c…

and if you interested in my style, you can sent me a private note

or email me at jehonathan89@yahoo.co.id

. thx a lot!

La Gitana by JonathanChanutomo zombie doodle by JonathanChanutomo Fighters by JonathanChanutomo Everyone want Slave Leia by JonathanChanutomo PPF Photography Crew by JonathanChanutomo Boba Fett and Encased Lady by JonathanChanutomo Evelyne's Secret by JonathanChanutomo The Maiden and the Unicorn by JonathanChanutomo Rei Ayanami by JonathanChanutomo Kuntilanak and Sundel Bolong by JonathanChanutomo Wrath of Kraken by JonathanChanutomo Potestates Tenebrarum by JonathanChanutomo From Morrigan with Love by JonathanChanutomo Veritas by JonathanChanutomo Weird Monster by JonathanChanutomo Flaming Rex by JonathanChanutomo