Color My Comic Book!

I am looking to hire a colorist for my creator-owned horror-adventure comic Red Hill Billy: Red Hill Rising!

Coming from a comics background, my art style favors simple, clean cell-shading, limited color palates, and economy of visual storytelling- elaborate, finely rendered oil paintings will not mesh well with my lineart! The value/color work for the comic needs to emphasize character acting and help each image read quickly and clearly (good use of contrast to make the important elements of a shot “pop”). Basically american-meets-anime cuts with some background painting, no airbrushing.

I will need a colorist with a good sense of lighting for tone and setting! Because this is a horror-adventure book, I’m looking for dramatic, film-style primary coloring (See: Aliens or Skyfall)

You will be paid on a per-page basis at one page every 2-3 days, I’m looking to start in the middle of April. This is a 26 page book plus ads and covers. When it does well, I begin production on the sequel.

Please see this for an idea of the kind of linework I’ve done for this book:

groovydead.deviantart.com/art/…

And here’s a sample of MY colors…you have to be better than me!! (not hard, my colors are awful):

groovydead.deviantart.com/art/…

If you are interested, or if you know someone you would recommend, send me a DeviantArt Note or email me at groovydeadone (at) gmail.com ! Please include samples of your work. If I like your work, I will contact you directly and send a sample page to color (for which I will pay you – nobody works for free).

Rob Armstrong aka Robbie the Robot

Comments10
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Thank you for the response! I'm still going through all of the notes and emails...I will email you to follow up if I'm interested.
Please note that the deadline for submissions/applications is next Friday the 13th!

Thank you DA peeps!!

rob
Hello my Name is Zach T. Jordan, Freelance Artist with experience in the field.

Feel Free to check out my gallery, I do many styles here heroforpain.deviantart.com/gal…

Ryu - Down Right Fierce by HeroforPain Joker - Harley Quinn - Diner by HeroforPain Supernatural - Highway to Hell by HeroforPain Castiel - Supernatural by HeroforPain Bill Cipher by HeroforPain Death Note - L and Light by HeroforPain
Agents of Shield by HeroforPain Nick Fury - Avengers by HeroforPain Avengers 2 - Hulkbuster by HeroforPain Justice League by HeroforPain Villains Club Redux by HeroforPain Iron Man Giant by HeroforPain The Walking Dead - Still - Epic Dots by HeroforPain Let it go - Sub-zero and Elsa by HeroforPain
Your art is amazing!!! I would really love to work with you. Here are my samples: www.gustavogimenez.deviantart.com
Hope to hear from you soon!!!
hi 
 im interested , 
Gears of War:The Hunters Squad by a7md93 sta.sh/01osg4nn6332 diablo Juggernuat by a7md93  THE INCREDIBLE  AVENGER by a7md93 Teenage Mutant X Turtles by a7md93
Note sent. Thanks for your time!
hello, i'm interested for colorist
here my coloring
Avenging Spiderman Promo Color by dotlineshape Kick Ass And Chew Bubble Gum By Squirrelshaver-d5m by dotlineshape Yelena6 pg3 Color HD by dotlineshape
Yelena6 pg2 Color HD by dotlineshape Phenomenal page 18 Color by dotlineshape Phenomenal page 17 Color by dotlineshape
other my work
dotlineshape.deviantart.com/ga…
thanks
Hey :]
I'm really interested. Here's my portfolio: FanOfTill Art
In nomine Tuo 2.0 by FanOfTill Bumblebee 2 by FanOfTill Abandoned by FanOfTill Environment 1 by FanOfTill Owen by FanOfTill Incubus by FanOfTill Commission - Gorgona by FanOfTill A little nasty gift by FanOfTill
Please send me a note if you like my works.