Informal requests for information: black and white line art for posters

Gentles all,

I am looking to create a series of posters featuring realistic or "heroically" realistic full-body characters with minimal or no background art.  Artistic style along the lines of Joe Kubert, Sam Glanzman, Mike Mignola, Frank Miller (from his Daredevil days), Alex Ross, etc etc etc.  All art would be subject to non-creative post-production manipulation (example: "puzzle-piece" design printed upon art work, etc).

Question the first:  How much should I expect to pay for this kind of work?
Question the second:  How much should I expect to pay for a multi-use license fee?  Would it be as a percentage of the cost of the art, or some other number?
Question the third:  How much to buy the license / copyright, out-right?

I have no clue if I will ever make any money off of the final product, but I intend to try.

Thanks in advance, and most humble regards to any guidance or information provided.

Jack Nastyface (not my real name) 
Comments5
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In

You can find my Commission information (skills, payment methods and the different art techniques I use) either here: marshmallowpalace.atspace.com/… or here: baby-marshmallow.deviantart.co… . Follow the instructions in the guide explaining your specific needs and I can provide a more accurate price quote.

Here are a few examples of the level of work I could bring to your project:
Beach Cover Commission Colours by baby-marshmallow   Jace Commission lineart by baby-marshmallow  Nearkiss Commission Pencils by baby-marshmallow  Scar Arms pencil commission by baby-marshmallow  CIHB OC Poster Commission Inks by baby-marshmallow  GF Commission inked by baby-marshmallow  Edizon by baby-marshmallow  Pinocchio digital inks by baby-marshmallow

For more examples of my work feel free to look here at my Deviantart page: baby-marshmallow.deviantart.co… or for a more complete portfolio go to my Website: marshmallowpalace.atspace.com/…

~BM~

if it's professional quality, heavily detailed, like the art of the guys you listed, while prices are all individual the $100+ range can be expected.

as a general rule of thumb, copyrights are more expensive than licensing, and there are some artists who won't sign copyrights over. licensing fees are too individual to give an estimate, and some artists prefer royalties instead of a licensing fee, which would be a percentage of the profits rather than an out-of-pocket expense.