Comic artist needed for long-term project! (Spice and Wolf-esque werewolf webcomic)

It's been a while since I last posted a job offer back in February, but the then-current artist for the project wrote that she couldn't do it anymore, so you could say this is an emergency offer. ^^;

The Project in question is a long-in-development comic called Moonlit Brew, which is a werewolf webcomic that's best described as a modern-day Spice and Wolf mixed with The Legend of Korra with some more humorous touches here and there. The story is about an average guy named Samuel Craig (Sam for short), a man who dreams of owning a business and making it big, and his British friend Simon Stuart, who's an aspiring comedian, writing their acceptance letters to the University of Washington. Everything seems to be normal until a woman named Lydia Quinn, a barista who dreams of being the next big movie director, walks in and starts her shift. Sam is lovestruck, much to the mocking amusement of Simon, and he asks to meet her again. However, what Sam and Simon don't know is that Lydia is secretly a werewolf, and it makes reaching her ultimate goal all the more challenging. 

The three become good friends and ultimately start up a coffee shop called Moonlit Brew, but along the way, they are met with a bunch of challenges ranging from the owner of the world's largest coffee chain trying to buy out the competition, to even a hidden organization trying to eliminate Lydia herself.

The art style I'm going for is something akin to the one the original artist made for me a long time ago, and I would prefer if anyone can emulate it: Moonlit Brew promo art by midnightclubx
d.facdn.net/art/midnightclubx/…

www.furaffinity.net/view/10929…

As you can see, it's sort of a "anime-meets-western" art style that you would find in shows like The Legend of Korra, and like I said, it would be fantastic if someone can either emulate or do something similar to this.

The covers are in full-color, but the pages are in a shaded/toned black and white style.

I will pay (via Paypal) $20-$30 per page, every two pages, and the deadline would be a page every 1-2 weeks.

If you're interested, please leave me a note along with some of your work for reference and why you think you would be a great fit for the project.

I hope to see you all soon, and I'm eager to get this project moving along again! :) 
Comments26
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Hello,

I am there to help you. I am capable of doing number of comic arts within a very shortest possible time. As I have a professional Graphic Artist Team. We are working for such from 2003.
Please check my work to judge the work quality. I also offer number of revisions until you are satisfied.

Comic Art/ Book Comic Design by fotoclipping-Design Samples of Comic Characters by fotoclipping-Design Comics by fotoclipping-Design
By the time you are reading this, then you should know that the job offers are now CLOSED! Thank you for showing up and for your support during a very uneasy and uncertain time for not just the comic, but myself as well, and I already know some people who would be perfect for the job, and I will write a note to them as soon as I post here. :) . If for whatever reason I need to find a new artist, I will make a new thread.

Thank you again to everyone who has offered to help on the comic! : )
Hi, I am interested...a am painter and i want start to draw comic book...your price is OK.
Hey! Kindly check your note, i sent you one recently, was wondering if you'd be interested in custom samples? Thanks! :)
Replied to it just now. : )
Thank you, I'll get back to you with a nice sample of Lydia :D
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone (or, by the time you are reading this, it is most likely Black Friday, and I guess I should say to those braving the stores to try not getting mauled by people fighting over towels... and the people working in the stores have my deepest sympathy. :< )!

With that said, there are only three days left to send me your applications; I hope that those who haven't sent me a note yet won't hesitate any longer to get it done! I will probably make one last post before the deadline on Sunday, but outside of that, nothing much else to say.

Good luck! 
Hello sir, 

Take a look at my portfolio. cinzel.daportfolio.com
I'm interested in your offer and I hope the style fits to your project.
I'm avaiable to work through Skype/Facebook.

Take care,
Just wanted to post a reminder that you have ONE WEEK REMAINING to give out your job offers! I've received some sweetheart deals from some of you, and others have shown off some impressive art styles. Perhaps those who haven't posted yet will wow me in the 11th hour? ;)

I don't know if I will make another reminder post, but in case I can't make one before the deadline, I'd like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving, and you have all my thanks for signing up and supporting my comic! After all, this is something that's been... BREWING for quite some time? ahahaha- (shot). But seriously, Thank you all for the support, hope to see you all again real soon, and good luck! :)
hey Im interested to do this comic for you kindly check my gallery
Just send me a note so I won't forget you made an offer. Thanks for your interest! : )
Sorry that I've been slow as of late; a bunch of complex stuff that I won't bore you to death about happened, and I'm still trying to get them taken care of. That, and I'm celebrating my birthday today. :P

All I really want  from you guys for my 23rd birthday is some more job offers from some fantastic artists. That being said, we are now at the halfway point of the month, so you guys have two weeks from Monday to get em done!  Next time I post, I'll perhaps say some bits of trivia about the main characters. Hope to see you all soon. : )
I can do similar to the prior Moon Brew style.
Also, since you're on FurAffinity, you can check out some of my less mainstream furry stuff there.

www.micahmanga.com
www.furaffinity.net/user/pigfiend/
pigfiend@hotmail.com

13may Undinewhip by PigFiend 14may Hoardlob by PigFiend 14aug Oturgrunt by PigFiend 13may Worldendpunch by PigFiend 13dec Defensowconcept01 by PigFiend Etu, the Little Adventurer by PigFiend 12dec Xal-xi by PigFiend 13jan Gustabakurs by PigFiendMed-conditioncrownart by PigFiendWebdefensow001 by PigFiend Webdefensow002 by PigFiend
hello my name is Alex and i'm into a manga-teen story. the payment it almost simbolic but i need this tipology of work in my portoflio.
this kind of expressions are very easy to made opposite the realistic gender that i'm used to do.  Check it out some examples. Even if you don't like my work i must do a  story in the style of Akira's Otomo ( it's a must  ) If you like it send me a note 
yours, Alex
Estórias Pag#1 by rilodrago73 Estórias Pag#2 by rilodrago73 Estórias Pag#3 by rilodrago73 Estórias Pag#4 by rilodrago73 Chanel Z 16 (3) by rilodrago73 Straight Guys#10 by rilodrago73
Straight Guys#11 by rilodrago73 Straight Guys Pag#12 by rilodrago73 Straight Guys Pag#13 by rilodrago73 Straight Guys#14 by rilodrago73 Chanel Z 7 (2) by rilodrago73 Channel Z 4 (2) by rilodrago73
Channel Z 6 (2) by rilodrago73 Channel Z 8 (2) by rilodrago73 Channel Z 5 by rilodrago73 Chanel Z 12 (2) by rilodrago73 Channel Z 14 (2) by rilodrago73 Chanel Z 9 (2) by rilodrago73 Detail On A Comic 3 by rilodrago73 5 Minutes 3 by rilodrago73 The Prophet Dog 2 by rilodrago73 The Kid#2 by rilodrago73
The thread hasn't been active for a while, so, I figured I would take this time to talk a little bit more about the setting of the comic for a bit.

Moonlit Brew takes place in modern day Seattle, and right outside the city limits, is a fictional CDP/bedroom community named Endspurt, which is where the three main characters live; it's not a big area, but you can easily get to nearby Bellevue/Redmond, and it's close to Seattle proper. Some people may think a story that involves starting up a coffee shop in Seattle is absurd to say the least (after all, there's a ton of different coffee shops there, almost to the point Paris would be jealous), but one of the characters does bring it up and say to Sam that he's absolutely bonkers for doing that. However, there are no coffee shops in Endspurt, since most business owners think they are part of Seattle, and it would be suicide to set anything like that in the area; after all, it's mostly just residences, a park, and a small one-street shopping district that makes the town up. Sam is the kind of person who would take risks if given the chance, and he has to look confident, even if he does not know what exactly he is doing. For the most part, there's only one bit of competition Sam and his friends have to worry about (other than the PXS, of course): BigBucks, the world's biggest loosely-based-off-an-actual-brand coffee chain that will make sure they are a monopoly when it comes to serving coffee to the general public, and they want to do everything in their power to take Moonlit Brew by force, and be one step closer to total control of the entire Seattle metropolitan area.

Outside of all that, there aren't a lot of supernatural stories that take place in Seattle; The only other one of its kind in recent memory is in Forks, about four hours away, but I don't think you, nor the target audience, really care about nor are fond of that story anyway. ;) The geography is almost perfect since you have the forests and mountains nearby, but you also have civilization right there. And not to mention there are tons of different cultures and businesses meshing together, and some of the latter, have been among the biggest companies in the world, so the feeling of David vs. Goliath is all the more concrete here than if you were to put this comic in a bigger city, like New York City, or Los Angeles. 

One of the philosophies I have is that if you're gonna make a story that involves romance, action, and comedy, it should be done the right way; in other words, it should entice the reader into not only wanting to know more about the world and its inhabitants, but also feel for them as well, even the bad guys. It's this very same philosophy that I believe is why people are still talking about shows like Avatar: The Last Airbender and Spice and Wolf, or even video games like Persona 4 and EarthBound. It may be very ambitious of me to say all this, but this is a project I have been wanting to make for over 6 years, and now, more than ever, it's something I must make possible and "play to the end" as some people have said in the past.

If anyone has further questions, please let me know. :)

Interested, send me a note.
Hi sir,
I'm interested, you can check my full gallery ,if you like my style, here is my email address:
vic_aure@yahoo.com.ph.or can out me in a test page,thanks for the response.
Totally interested, check out my gallery, i got a load of different styles and genres there.
So interested! Note sent :)

Werewolf Comic Page by Bluepisces97  London Fog by Bluepisces97  First page of my Spyro Comic by Bluepisces97  Spyro Comic page 2 by Bluepisces97  Mansion by Bluepisces97  
Hi, i'm intrested, please check some of my work here: mathias05.deviantart.com/ thankyou
I'm appreciating the offers I've been receiving so far in just one day, and for that, I sincerely thank you all . :) So, with that said, I would like to point out some other details: The design of the werewolves I have in mind for the comic will be based off of the designs from Alpha Luna, another werewolf webcomic that's been around for a while:  

Alpha Luna-Color Pg50-TF scene by alfaluna

Paradigm Shift Fan_Art by alfaluna

As you can see, they are anthropomorphic and pretty fit, since they have to be not only strong and nimble, but also keep out of sight from the human eye. Again, I would like to point out that this is not a horror comic at all, and if anything, they are sorta like supernatural superheroes (and villains) who use their power responsibly. Of course, the bad ones want to "convert" and wipe out humanity by claiming they are the next step in evolution, but the good guys are pretty chill and will actually save people from them if need be. However, regardless of what side they are on, they definitely do not want to rub the Paranormal Extermination Syndicate (or PXS for short) the wrong way; To best describe them, they are sorta like a Government-run-Illuminati-meets-X-Files organization who's everywhere, protecting humanity from any paranormal entity that wants to do harm to them, and the good guys can easily be confused for the bad guys if they are not careful. The agents come from various walks of life, and they are lurking in the shadows, night and day, ready for whenever anything goes awry.

I've been planning on how the world of Moonlit Brew works for many years, and to be honest, I still am. XP Just about any question you would have about the lore, from how becoming a werewolf works, to where the PXS came from, I have an answer to. Obviously, I'm not gonna answer most of these questions at this point since it would spoil the story, but it's still a bit too early (I've only made it up to 13 pages before the last artist left, after all. ).

With all of that out of the way, I have a deadline set for when I will stop accepting applications: December 1st. After that, I'll evaluate all of the offers I've received up until that point, narrow them down, then ask the remaining artists to draw one of my characters in order to get a better feel of his/her art style, narrow them down some more, and ultimately, decide on who will continue the project.

TL;DR: My werewolves are not mindless beasts in the slightest, they have to watch their asses by staying away from a secret organization, and my story runs deeper than what most people would expect in a webcomic, let alone a werewolf webcomic. Oh, and you have three weeks to send me your application before I "close" the offer. 

Thank you again, and good luck. :D
hello , my name is Saib and im really interested in this project, not sent.
i can draw your comic and emulate the style you want for 40$ per b&w page and 60$ for fulkl colored page , check me out: reiner55.deviantart.com/galler…
The best costume ever pag.1 by reiner55 Asami no pantie's.... by reiner55