3D Artist needed for Cyberpunk Videogame

Do you have a love of Hexagons, Platonic shapes and all things abstract and Tron-like?

This may well be the job for you then. 

I'm Rob Hale and I've been making videogames professionally for nearly 14 years now. Before I went Independent I worked at places like Midway and Ninja Theory on games like Enslaved and DmC. A few years ago I released my first independent game on Steam called Waves.

It looks a bit like this: 
Waves by schizoslayer

It's sold over 50k copies so far.

With my credentials established I'll get to the point: I need a 3D artist to help me finish my next game Waves: Arena Tactics.

It currently looks like this:
Co-Op Dive 04 by schizoslayer
Co-Op Dive 02 by schizoslayer Co-Op Dive 01 by schizoslayer

Your job will be to turn horrible programmer art like this Turret enemy...

Theycomefromunderground by schizoslayer

Into something amazing.

The game is due to go into Early Access on Steam before the end of the year after which there will be much work available finishing the game with all the profits from Early Access sales being put straight back into the games development and hopefully this will be the start of a long working relationship.

If you're interested then drop me a line here or by email at rob[at]squidinabox[dot]com.
Comments3
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
You would be responsible for creating all the 3D and 2D art resources for the game based on either existing prototypes or developed in collaboration with myself (usually via Skype).

You don't have to create shaders or particle effects unless you are interested in that side of things.

Pay would be based per-asset however I expect you to give me an accurate estimate before any work begins. Concept work is paid hourly however I don't foresee there being much need for it beyond preliminary sketches.

As an example of the first task that needs to be tackled for the game: The world is procedurally generated using 3D tiles which look like this: dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40…

There are 16 of these needed to make everything in a level. We would discuss over Skype changes to the current art and how it can be improved upon (including the possibility of completely scrapping the original meshes) at which stage there would be some basic sketches required. Then once a direction has been agreed an estimate on time and price is delivered and the work approved. Payment is on delivery of the final assets.

I hope that helps.
hi, this sounds like an interresting job, but i need to know more about what will be my job if i do it