Looking for a manga partner artist in my manga, 30-50 pages, about $10-$20 a page.with partnership

Comment hidden
Comments3
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
that's inappropriately low pay for what you're asking for. here's some info on why  average pay rates for comic book artists:"Generally, the good graphic novels fetch $100 - $300 per page, although professionals who have been in the industry for a long time can command as much as three times that amount. In fact, one elite illustrator commanded as much as $1,000 a page (on a 22-page comic book)! Most of the popular titles that artists, like David Cassaday, work on are monthly issues, which end up providing him with a six-figure salary. The back-end royalties on merchandise, trade paperbacks and movie royalties are also generous."
http://www.freelancewriting.com/articles/how-to-become-a-comic-book-artist.php
"In 2008, Sean Jordan, founder of Army Ant Publishing, claimed established freelance comic book artists were paid anywhere from $220 to $4,400 per book project, which breaks down to $10 to $200 per page. Pencil and inker artists can ask for $75 to $200 a page. Colorists often fall in the range of $35 to $125, and writers and letterers make $10 to $50 a page. A lucky few dozen famous artists working for to

PAY RATE OF THE COMIC ARTISTOver the past few weeks, I’ve had a few queries for work as a comic book artist. Some from private individuals and some from professional companies and as always the sticky issue of costs comes up.
I personally like to be very frank and upfront about cost to people. My time is quite limited so I can’t afford to dance around the subject on tip toes hoping to lure them in for a bite. The result so far has been I haven’t heard back. For me, that’s okay cos like they say ‘time is money’ and for me that’s especially true. Plus, I don’t want to put out for less than my time is worth. I may not be a big name (yet), but it doesn’t mean I’m going to sell myself short.
The result of all these queries though has been a closer look into what I should be charging. I don’t want to charge for more than my name is worth (is stress the word ‘name’) and take advantage, but on what planet am I going to charge a measly $25 (£15.44) per
Comment hidden
I think it would be best to give more details if possible. Tell them a little more about the project and what to expect. I saw that you were also looking for character sheets, so people are curious and a little wary.
Maybe you should try via the project forum