Supervillain illustrations in graphic novel style, intended for publishing

Bottom line up front: I want 3 to 10 (depending on how I like your work) number of comic book/graphic novel (pretty realistic) style color illustrations of supervillains committing crimes. Some of the art will lean more toward other styles like pin-up.

Bear with me here...I am writing a book which takes the form of a series of sit-down psychological interviews with comic-book style supervillains. My big influences on this work are "interview with a serial killer" pop-psychology novellas and "The Venture Brothers."

These characters are entirely of my creation, although some of them are homages to established villains from comic book lore. So you won't be drawing anybody who has been drawn before.

What I will do is send you a short description of each villain and an interview chapter, along with some thoughts on style (for instance: this character sees herself as a seductress, so more toward pinup-style; or this character has severe OCD, so use as many right angles as possible; or this character is murderously insane and I want the picture to reinforce that, so lots of jagged edges and color bleeding over the lines; etc). You can produce a picture of each. The style I'm looking for is comic book/graphic novel style, in color unless otherwise instructed. Action scenes are preferred and I encourage you to use events referenced in the interviews for inspiration. If I really like the initial drafts, I may want additional illustrations of the villain.

We can discuss price once I choose you but this is a labor of love and I can't afford to break the bank. I will be submitting this book for publication once it is done, but I do NOT promise to insist on your work being included...right now these are more for my own inspiration, but I will try to get them included in the book if some publisher buys it.  I will own the piece once it is done and paid for, but you may of course display it on whatever medium or forum you'd like.  I will never distribute your artwork or use it in a published book without your consent (but I do plan on showing some friends).

Any and all work I send you is considered confidential. I am an artist also and as I've promised not to distribute your work without your consent, I expect the same in return.

If you'd like to see the first third of the book so far, I have published it on Amazon.  Take a gander: www.amazon.com/INSIDE-RUIN-Int…

Or you can see the work my last artist did for me:

matoelgrande.deviantart.com/ar…

Reply or PM with links to your work. Please reply with any questions. Thanks in advance.
Comments13
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In

Hello:

My sister and I are professional comic artists; here are some samples of our work:

diegolopezmata.daportfolio.com…

diegolopezmata.deviantart.com/…

Contact E-mail:

diegolopezmata@yahoo.com.mx

I also sent you a note with my info.

Testimonials from our previous clients about or quality and reliability:

Best regards:

Diego.
Constantine's curse comission by diegolopezmata  ShaneWSmith commission by diegolopezmata  Cover by diegolopezmata  Rx by diegolopezmata  Wt by diegolopezmata  Rs by diegolopezmata  Comic 2 by diegolopezmata  Wataru by diegolopezmata  Godina Raka cover by diegolopezmata  Put cover by diegolopezmata  pania by diegolopezmata  Takioki by diegolopezmata  3 Batman by diegolopezmata  2 Wolverine by diegolopezmata  1 Superman by diegolopezmata  Bw1 by diegolopezmata  Bw3 by diegolopezmata  Bl1 by diegolopezmata  Bl3 by diegolopezmata  Bl4 by diegolopezmata  Bl5 by diegolopezmata  Bl6 by diegolopezmata  Bl7 by diegolopezmata  Bl8 by diegolopezmata  Inks over pencils provided by Backroom Threads by diegolopezmata  

am interested, comic practice by aaryankhakan
hello,

I'm interested to work for your graphic novel illustrations~
maybe my style fits your taste..
here are examples for my current artwork that shows my capability

Game Gang by ALICE-rocket Kr Bubat Tengah by ALICE-rocket 0002 Day by ALICE-rocket TiktaKavya Rumah Bangsawan Luar by ALICE-rocket TiktaKavya Perumahan Pinggir by ALICE-rocket TiktaKavya Keraton Witana by ALICE-rocket  Redraw: Adventure of Lor- Lor by ALICE-rocket Redraw: Adventure of Lor- Tronz by ALICE-rocket Redraw: Adventure of Lor- Tronz trooper by ALICE-rocket Redraw: Adventure of Lor Poster by ALICE-rocket Prithvi Mata by ALICE-rocket  Art Trade: OH Mr.Unicorn! by ALICE-rocket  Commision: Cain x Zhagal by ALICE-rocketArt Trade: Kanon by ALICE-rocketMekaneko - Honda Irit by ALICE-rocketGundala Fanart by ALICE-rocketPengkor Fanart by ALICE-rocket  Gumi Hi-Tech by ALICE-rocketSix-armed Dood by ALICE-rocketArt Trade: Emba by ALICE-rocketGroup 2 copy by ALICE-rocketAlice avatar 2013 by ALICE-rocket  Fumeripits by ALICE-rocket   
Untitledhello~
I am alice!
I quite confident with background artwork, bold clean lineart, and seinen-ish anime style illustration~
    Prithvi Mata by ALICE-rocket  Art Trade: OH Mr.Unicorn! by ALICE-rocket  Commision: Cain x Zhagal by ALICE-rocketArt Trade: Kanon by ALICE-rocketMekaneko - Honda Irit by ALICE-rocketGundala Fanart by ALICE-rocketPengkor Fanart by ALICE-rocket  Gumi Hi-Tech by ALICE-rocketSix-armed Dood by ALICE-rocketArt Trade: Emba by ALICE-rocketGroup 2 copy by ALICE-rocketAlice avatar 2013 by ALICE-rocket  Fumeripits by ALICE-rocket    Dinosaur ChildrenBook-Ornithopods by ALICE-rocketDinosaur ChildrenBook-Sauropods by ALICE-rocket
note me and visit my journal for further information:
https://alice-rocket.deviantart.com/journal/BG-and-CHARA-ANIME-COMMISION-481482832
BG and CHARA ANIME COMMISION
hey ya! I'm opening commission!
I'm pretty confident with my background art quality, and anime character with bold clean lineart..
here are my offers:
Sketch Lineart Down Arrow

Bust / Portrait ArtDown Arrow

Fullbody CharacterDown Arrow

Background Setting ArtDown Arrow

Payment Method:
PayPal (I'll send you my paypal email if we agree)
Local Bank Transfer (Indonesia Only)
Point $1 = 100Points 
How to Order
Send me this Order Form
1. Name: (your deviant/facebook ID)
2. Email Address : (exp: myemail@gmail.com)

please note me or email me at alicecroquette@gmail.com

regards, alice
Note sent. Thank you for your time.
Your work is fantastic.  What would you charge per image for the sort found in your gallery?  I particularly like the Jake Collins cover concept image.
Hi, thank you :) I'm really glad that you like my style. You mentioned about the Jake Collins - cover concept ( rate for such kind of art is - 80 USD).

Here are my rates:

Illustrations:
40 USD per black and white image 
80 USD per colour image

Comic pages:
30 USD per one comic page (inked, colored) 

Best wishes,
Ania Kryczkowska
I am interested, please take a look in my gallery =) (Smile)
nuedama.deviantart.com/gallery…
A greeting,

I send you my fantasy paintings web gallery:

Complete gallery:

Thanks warmly,

Best regards
Sent you a note. Have a good one.
hi , i can draw what you want , check my gallery and contact me if you want more details, thx.
reiner55.deviantart.com/galler…
My name is Juanfran Moyano. I am professional comic book artist with more of 6 years experience. I have worked at editorials like Dynamite, IDW, Devil 's due, Arcana.

I at present am available and look for for some project, series or graphic novel.

My email of contact: Jfranmoyano@hotmail.com or use my Facebook's page to contact with me: www.facebook.com/pages/Juan-Fr…

These are some referential links.

pulllist.comixology.com/previe…

www.amazon.es/The-Worlds-Dunge…

www.gwthomas.org/elminster.htm

www.dynamite.com/htmlfiles/vie…

comicbookrealm.com/previews/74…

majorspoilers.com/2014/03/04/g…

www.arcana.com/view_title.php?…

www.comicvine.com/juanfrancisc…
Portfolio,
MercenaryArt.net

Email: MercenaryArt@yahoo.com