Anime&Manga Visual Novel artist $250 000 budget. 5+ years experience req

I'm looking for some highly professional artists to draw a visual novel for me. The job includes character designs, backgrounds, poses and complete scenes. The budget for the work is $250 000 and I will be hiring a few artists. I'll be considering artists who have a lot of experience (5+ years drawing) and a large portfolio of very detailed works. Please note me with your information and cover letter.

--- Edit ---

Oh boy, the response I'm getting here is overwhelming! I'm going to need a LOT of time to go through all the notes so please give me time to respond and if I don't get back to you right away, I'm really sorry!
Comments46
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
EVERYONE

I'm recovering now and I'm going to be taking applications again!!!!

Don't let this opportunity slip away!

PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION AS AN EMAIL TO visualnoveldev@gmail.com

Your email will be as follows in sections

SUBJECT FIELD: MUST BE "Visual novel work application" exactly!!!

ALL OTHER MESSAGES WILL BE IGNORED

1. Self introduction

2. Description of experience

3. What you can bring to the project and what you are best at

4. Your pricing

5. A very clean presentation of your best artwork inserted into the email message (not as attachments)

I CANT LOOK AT MESSAGES THAT DONT MEET THIS SPECIFICATION SORRY

Thank you!
HELLO ALL

I am so very sorry to the people who have sent applications for the delay in response

Since I published my email address I have received many messages with truly horrible content

Most of the messages are concerned with my inability to run this project or make a success visual novel as a female

Some are extremely offensive
"girls should stay in the kitchen"
"girls should stick to having babies"

I'm not sure what I should do, I'm really shocked and upset

I'm going to take some time to try to deal with this

please forgive me!!
There are a great many games (especially vns) created by females. If these people are attacking you like this it's only because they are genuinely worried that you will be another female success. I wouldn't bother wasting my time by responding to them and just stay focused on your goal.
Of course you are right

I just needed some time to recover from the shock!

I'm getting back on the horse now I won't give up
Take all the time you need love.

Being a woman in the gaming industry is...Is like pulling teeth no word of a lie, and the majority of people who say these comments are ignorant little man babies who are afraid that, heaven forbid a woman has a strong will and mind of her own to step forward and make something of herself.

So do not ask for forgiveness because of some ignorant asswipes, take the time you need to build yourself up and say "Screw all the nay sayers, I will do this and I will kick so much ass in the process too"

Because hell, 'geek guys' are idiots, they ask woman all these geek questions, and one even asked the woman who wrote the script for Bioshock Infinite because she was wearing the BI shirt "Have you even PLAYED the game?" because he didn't realise a badass woman WROTE IT.

Sorry I'm rambling now, but hell, if you want to vent or something I'm here. I hate seeing other woman being knocked down because some man babies are butt hurt and ignorant and scared.

Best of luck :hug:
Being a woman in the gaming industry is what one would call insufferable. Too many people who want games to be some kind of label for us men. You as women, I assume, should seriously think about starting lets plays just to spite them.

And geeks aren't the problem. Self entitled geeks are,
Thank you so much for your kind words

I wont give up

I learned to write programs just to make this visual novel concept, its the only thing I ever wanted to do

try being a girl who programs hahaha :'(

all class of boys and just me, the things people say under their breath about it
"dont waste your time"
"why are you even bothering?"
Makes me wonder if I will get ridiculed for being a female semi ecchi artist ;3;
I dont think so dear

I've never seen girls ridiculed for doing art
Sending an email!
Hello I'm looking for a artist to help me with a comic book the art must be good and I'm willing to pay just email me at Hendricks457@hotmail.com
Hello friend I think you may have made a mistake

You can make your very own thread on this forum with your job offer!
I'm new to this and I don't know exactly how to do this
I just noticed you have posted your message in every job offer thread about anime

Its sad to see because nobody is going to work with someone with so unprofessional conduct lol

Sorry to see the waste of your concept :(
Do u know how I can start a forum
Go to the bottom of the page where the job threads are posted. There is a box that you can write your post in there.
I am part of the highly acclaimed team currently working on Uirusu-Shoujo, however depending on how much you have to offer we could put that project on temporary hiatus, at a cost. Your budget seems close enough to our asking price, maybe we could negotiate a deal?
My team has over 20 days combined experience in VN authoring, which should be more than enough to satisfy your requirements.
I will attach screenshots of our work, feel free to contact me of you are serious about this.
Here are some extracts from the game:
Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2
With such emotional scenes that stuck in our hearts forever:
Emoshun
Cross platform support!
ja-Ja!
Classic character design!
Character 1
Character 2
Character 3
Character 4
Character 5
Compelling narative:
The plot thickens
I can offer the 4 man team that worked on this for a year at a cost of $300,000. If that price is too high I am happy to negotiate.
Thats a really cute character design! I'm humbled deeply by such talent having desire to work on my concept. :D

please send an email as mentioned!
HELLO EVERYONE!!!

I have to make a post here. I've received over 35 PAGES of notes. Its just IMPOSSIBLE for me to go through everything this way.

I'm sorry to everyone who has already sent me a message, I have to change tactics :'(

PLEASE RESEND YOUR MESSAGE WITH THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS

PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION AS AN EMAIL TO visualnoveldev@gmail.com

Your email will be as follows in sections

SUBJECT FIELD: MUST BE "Visual novel work application" exactly!!!

1. Self introduction

2. Description of experience

3. What you can bring to the project and what you are best at

4. Your pricing

5. A very clean presentation of your best artwork inserted into the email message (not as attachments)

I CANT LOOK AT MESSAGES THAT DONT MEET THIS SPECIFICATION SORRY

Thank you! Thank you so much for loving my visual novel concept!
Just an incredibly response, I cant believe it. I've worked on this so long, I'm really happy.
I am working through all the notes
I am so glad so many people love my concept!
Thank you
Hi Megora, I just sent you a note.

Android Mechanic by DerekRestivo  Cataclysm by DerekRestivo  Cosmic Surfer by DerekRestivo  Chased Through Lava by DerekRestivo  Crumbling Battlements by DerekRestivo  Malicious Valley by DerekRestivo  Mobile Inquisition by DerekRestivo  Floating Structure by DerekRestivo  The 7th Stratum by DerekRestivo  Harvest Remnants by DerekRestivo  Chance Encounter with the 9th Order of Beelzebub by DerekRestivo  Desecrated Gardens by DerekRestivo  FWS Promo Final M by DerekRestivo  Scimitar Speed Upgrade 1280 x 800 by DerekRestivo  Regicide Page 4 Teaser by DerekRestivo Regicide Page 6 Teaser by DerekRestivo  Hunter Speed Upgrade 1280 x 800 by DerekRestivo