Commission for Mass Effect-style spaceship design

Hello Deviantartists!

As the title indicates, I am looking for an artist to draw a spaceship for a Mass Effect fanfic I am in the middle of writing (yeah, I know... I take my hobbies seriously!).

The fic is set 50,000 years after the events of Mass Effect 3, following the so-called "refusal" ending that was introduced with the Extended Cut DLC - where refusing to choose between the three colour-encoded endings leads to everyone in the galaxy dying. 50,000 years in the future, the time capsule of Liara's recording is discovered by an avian-looking alien species.

Linky's here if anyone cares: www.fanfiction.net/s/8699760/1…

Anyway, so the ship. As mentioned, it is a ship made by an alien species of avian origin. It is a frigate of ~150m in length, intentionally designed to aesthetically resemble a bird. Going by what I've written, this is what it's supposed to look like: Large wings (which are really not that useful in space, but great for atmospheric flight), and even a tail (the tail is a series of "feathers" made of a translucent material, which is mostly used for core discharge after FTL flight), white and gold in colour. Anything else is up to you, only thing is that the general look of things like the engines and weapons should have some resemblance to known Mass Effect ships (i.e., the Normandy, and possibly other Systems Alliance and/or Turian Hierarchy ships) :)

Usually when I try to get commissions I aim for ~$100 budget, give or take, but I have _no_ idea what normally is charged for this kind of vehicle/inanimate object design. If you usually do this kind of thing and charge more, then please say so. Or less :D

Since this happens every time I ask for a commission: I'll probably not respond to all PMs with offers/prices, but they're welcome and I _will_ read them all; will update the thread once I've closed the deal.

Thanks!

W.-
Comments5
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Well, thanks for all the responses. Job's now closed, and it wasn't easy to choose!

Have a nice day ^_^

Hello:

My sister and I are professional comic artists; here are some samples of our work:

diegolopezmata.daportfolio.com…

diegolopezmata.deviantart.com/…

www.comicslopezmata.blogspot.m…

www.casalopezmata.blogspot.mx/

I also sent you a note with my info.

Best regards:

Diego.
Cover by diegolopezmata  Rx by diegolopezmata  Wt by diegolopezmata  Rs by diegolopezmata  Comic 2 by diegolopezmata  Wataru by diegolopezmata  Godina Raka cover by diegolopezmata  Put cover by diegolopezmata  pania by diegolopezmata  Me and my sister by diegolopezmata  Andrea working on a sculpture. by diegolopezmata  Silver sellers. Oil painting. by diegolopezmata  14 by diegolopezmata  Takioki by diegolopezmata  3 Batman by diegolopezmata  2 Wolverine by diegolopezmata  1 Superman by diegolopezmata  Bw1 by diegolopezmata  Bl1 by diegolopezmata  Bl2 by diegolopezmata  Bl3 by diegolopezmata  Bl4 by diegolopezmata  Bl5 by diegolopezmata  Bl6 by diegolopezmata  Bl7 by diegolopezmata  Bl8 by diegolopezmata  

Hi, I'm interested in taking up your commission, I have 4 years experience as a professional illustrator and I've worked in a variety of styles.

I have strong knowledge in design, construction, perspective, anatomy, volume and color and I believe I can depict the type of artwork you are looking for.

you can check out more of my work here: thelivingshadow.deviantart.com…

Hi,

I've just sent you a note.

'Mariechensburg am Lynn' Map by FrancescaBaerald Vision by FrancescaBaerald Tales from Helleborya Book Cover by FrancescaBaerald Robot Sketch by FrancescaBaerald After Mankind by FrancescaBaerald O.R.A.C.L.E. by FrancescaBaerald

Hope the hear from you soon.

Francesca Baerald