Background Artist Needed for 2D Game

We need a background artist for an app visual novel game that will be played on iPhone 4, iPhone 5, and the iPad.  It has some Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass themes to the game’s story, but it doesn’t heavily influence it.  Also note that this game will eventually have a same-sex route, so if this bothers you, you probably won’t want to be our background artist.

The game will be similar to Voltage visual novel games, so it’s in landscape and the character routes are bought individually.

We currently have a programmer and sprite artist for the game… I’m working on talking to someone to be the GUI artist.

Since I don’t have a lot of money I can only commission the background artist to do 5 to 10 backgrounds at a time.  I plan to try to get funding through indiegogo/kickstarter, but before I can do that I need some art to be able to advertise and promote the game with.  Right now I have my sprite artist in a contract that I pay for the basic sprite line art and coloring as we go along, but for everything else will be paid by the funding of indiegogo/kickstarter… and if I don’t get enough money from those two sites, I will pay the difference.  If you are okay with this, let me know and we can try to work something out.

I would like to get someone that’s art style will go well with my sprite artist: kooriesqueapades.tumblr.com/

Right now I think I have counted more than 50 possible backgrounds for this game so far.

I will need a background artist that can do both natural environments and buildings. 

Comments11
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Hi babe! I'm glad to see that you're still working on this. :)

I'm more than willing to help!
I'd be glad to assist with backgrounds. It's one of my specialities, so I'm sure I can help you out. I can vary my style to suite what you may be looking for. Here are some examples of artwork I've created with backgrounds:

Gentle Soul by Aminirus The Storm Bringer by Aminirus YCH BUY for 150$ (open) by Aminirus Let's Fly Shall We? by Aminirus Come and Put My Hope Together by Aminirus

I’m interested; take a look at my portfolio for reference at:

xxfenrierxx.deviantart.com/gal…

Or my full gallery at:

xxfenrierxx.deviantart.com/gal…

My price rates are at my journal:

xxfenrierxx.deviantart.com/jou…

Pm me so we can talk about details, Thanks.

Hi!

I'm interested in this job..

I am a Brazilian illustrator with Bachelor 's Degree in Visual Arts . I perform diverse functions in the field of visual arts , such as illustrations of concept art , book cover , illustration for books , comic , manga , digital painting and everything related to the area the area of illustration .

I have professional experience as a freelance artist, and for some years , I have also been a teacher of digital painting , comic and manga in the Daniel Azulay School of Art.

I am available for concept design and illustration work. For commission, please contact me at:

​Email: daniel_arte@yahoo.com.br

my website is : www.danmoreira.wix.com/danmoreira

Interested! check out my gallery! claudiobitcube.deviantart.com/…
and dribbble.com/bitcube

regards

Claudio
Hello, 

I'm very interested in working for you. Here is a portfolio of some of my work: mitchellmayorga.carbonmade.com…

Also, these are some of the works I've posted on DA. Slayer by mehchall86 Dante by mehchallSparring by mehchall60 Girl by mehchall44 Floating Island by mehchall

It should also be noted that I work in multiple styles and can most likely adjust to your needs!

If possible, I'd love to discuss more! Thank you.
Hi!

I might be interested in some work as a background artist. I can do work in a number of styles and media, so please check out my gallery to see if you'd be interested.

The Arm: A Second Opinion (Cover) by beejazz  Untitled by beejazz  Untitled by beejazz  Untitled by beejazz  Untitled by beejazz  
sent you a note :)
Hello! I'm interested and be more than happy making an artwork for you. Here's my commission information:
Commission [ OPEN ] by chicharia

I hope you're going to consider me to work for you. Looking forward to your response. Thank you! :eager: