Seeking collaborator (artist) for sci fi comic pitch

I'm in the planning stages for a new science fiction comic and am looking to establish contact with an artist prior to turning my notes into a script so that the work can be best suited to the artist's style. Happy to send story details to those of you whose portfolios fit the bill.

I'm looking for a real team effort here; part of why I want to be in touch with an artist prior to scripting is so that I can tailor what I can of my ideas to what you'd like to draw. A lot of the pieces of the puzzle are set in stone in my head, but I'm leaving some room to modify my ideas for an artist whose style I really dig so that we can both have fun with this; it's sure to turn out better if you're enjoying/ comfortable with what you're drawing.

This is PAID work. Happy to negotiate a page rate. Since I'm allowing myself some time to plan and prepare, the script will likely not be ready for a couple of months. If our ideas click, we can work on establishing a time frame and contract before we get started.
Comments15
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In

Hey there! I’m Don Edwards.

Since 2008, I have worked in and maintained a consistent level of proficiency with Adobe Creative Design Suites 3, 5, and 6, Corel Print House and Painter, Manga Studio 5 EX, and Sketchbook Pro. As a comic book artist, I am able to pencil, ink, color and letter all my own work. I'm experienced in cartooning and comic book art (pinups, storyboards, page layout/design, character creation) typography, color theory, logo design, book and magazine cover design, character design and turnarounds, children’s books, as well as motion picture, short film, commercial and gaming storyboarding.

Contact information:

Twitter

Facebook (personal page)

Facebook (fan page)

Examples of my work can be found on my online portfolio:

The Art of Don Edwards

My credits include:

Storyboard Artist:

Provided storyboards for an as yet untitled videogame from A.J. Brown Productions.

Freelance Graphic Designer/Concept Artist:

-BRAUN PRODUCTIONS (designed concert costumes for Lady Gaga, entertainment features for select Las Vegas nightclubs)

-CELEBRITY CHEF MANEET CHAUHAN (spice labels, spice display, flyer, logo)

-A.J. BROWN PRODUCTIONS (business stationery, logo, business cards)

-ANDREA STEWART-COUSINS (NY State Senate; all 2012 campaign paraphernalia, logos, flyers)

-“ANYBODY BUT QUINN” VOTING CAMPAIGN (Facebook and Twitter headers/online ads)

-DJ’S DINER RESTAURANT (menus, placards, flyers, logo)

-GARY MRAZ (book cover/concept art)

-AISHA daCOSTA (book cover)

Comic Book Artist:

Cover Artist:

STANDARD ACTION #2

2013 SEATTLE CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL COMIC ANTHOLOGY VOL.3

THE THUNDERFROG #1 (COLORIST)

ULTRAKYLE #1

ROCHELLE: THE TEEN COCKROACH (mini) #0

Sequential Artist:

DAAMinc Magazine (upcoming) #1 (featured page)

DAAMinc Magazine (upcoming) #2 (featured page)

DAAMinc Magazine (upcoming) #3 (featured page)

DAAMinc Magazine (upcoming) #4 (featured page)

ULTRAKYLE # (full issue)

THE BADNESS #1 (full issue)

OLDE TYME GAMER #'s 10-86 (webcomic)

STIK #'s 1-27 (weekly newspaper strip)

Digital Letterer:

2013 SEATTLE CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL COMIC ANTHOLOGY VOL.3 (The Thunderfrog)

2013 SEATTLE CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL COMIC ANTHOLOGY VOL.3 (ULTRAKYLE!)

STIK #'s 1-27 (weekly newspaper strip)

ULTRAKYLE#1

Digital Colorist:

JESUS E. LEE #3

JESUS E. LEE #4

2013 SEATTLE CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL COMIC ANTHOLOGY VOL.3 (ANU NNA KI)

ANU NNA KI #1

ULTRAKYLE #1

THE BADNESS #1

Digital Inker:

2013 SEATTLE CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL COMIC ANTHOLOGY VOL.3 (AIDAN 5 PROMO)

DAAMinc Magazine #1 (featured page)

DAAMinc Magazine #2 (featured page)

DAAMinc Magazine #3 (featured page)

DAAMinc Magazine #4 (featured page)

ULTRAKYLE #1 (full issue)

STIK #'s 1-27 (weekly newspaper strip )

ULTRAKYLE#1

THE BADNESS #1

RATES ARE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.

I'm interested in your sci fi project. I've done a lot of comic pages for others online. Here's a couple of links to give you an idea of my art style, page rates,
and work that I have done for others. Thanks for letting me share my services with you.   Paul K. Sewell

www.fiverr.com/pkscomix
www.fiverr.com/pkscomix/design…
Hey, I'm interested in your project. Please check out my portfolio if you're still looking around! I'd be happy to supply you with pricing if you're interested. :)
Following up with a handful of responders today. Thanks for the interest, all.
Hi, I'm interested in your project, please check my gallery: django05.deviantart.com/galler…, django05.deviantart.com/galler…

Thanks for your time
Check your Notes.
Interested please check out my link.

carlogarde.deviantart.com/

Hello:

Here are some samples of my work:

www.comicslopezmata.blogspot.m…

diegolopezmata.deviantart.com/…

www.casalopezmata.blogspot.mx/

I also sent you a note with my info.

Best regards:

Diego.

Hi,

I'm interested! I have worked on scifi graphic novel anthologies before.  Please check out some of my samples at www.trh-graphics.deviantart.com.

I hope to hear back from you.  Either way good luck on your search.
Hi,
I'm interested.

Portfolio and experience:

available now
Best Regards
Krzysztof Korzeniak
Hey man,

Sounds like an interesting project- sci-fi comics are one of my main passions! 

Here's a link to my gallery: joepalmer.deviantart.com/galle…

(If you'd like to see more examples of comic work, no problem- I just can't post them publicly due to them not having been published yet)

Let me know if you're interested in working together!

Joe
Greetings my name is jose palacio,i m from colombia, I'm illustrator,2D and 3D animator for TV and video games,VFX senior,illustrator, this link can see the reel I made for deviantart,
I am interested and would be an honor to work in such important company like yours .
I have a experience 6 years in the world of visual effects 
I adapt to any style 
I would like to get into a project like this 
right now I'm 100% free to take this job
I hope to be to your liking and have a prompt positive response 

Examples from sprite 

turbo- senshi samuray games by junxy-studio  king monkey - senshi samurai games by junxy-studio  
exemple illustration

Se Eva 1 by junxy-studio  Se Eva 2 by junxy-studio  Cat-demon -Slayer Cats by junxy-studio  hiyori senshi samurai games by junxy-studio  Zord Flat Color Comission by junxy-studio  Cammy by junxy-studio  slayer cats genove by junxy-studio  hade - wonder woman sister by junxy-studio  ali by junxy-studio  Genova slayer cats by junxy-studio  Troll ice by junxy-studio  

Hello! are you interested in concept and cover artist?
Khan by Gregory-Welter  escaping reality by Gregory-Welter  pepper 2 by Gregory-Welter  sayaki portrait by Gregory-Welter  veronica by Gregory-Welter  a woman by Gregory-Welter  Red girl comission by Gregory-Welter  Ache comission by Gregory-Welter  Khan and Kirk comission by Gregory-Welter  Alien queen Nanku by Gregory-Welter  sherlock short portrait 4 by Gregory-Welter  Waitingfor a client by Gregory-Welter  snake lady comission by Gregory-Welter  meds by Gregory-Welter  sherlock holmes book cover 2 by Gregory-Welter  pepper by Gregory-Welter  cold sleep by Gregory-Welter  pretty lady by Gregory-Welter  Perfect homunculus by Gregory-Welter  sleeping khan by Gregory-Welter  sherlock holmes book cover by Gregory-Welter  magdalene by Gregory-Welter  young sherlock by Gregory-Welter  portrait 2 by Gregory-Welter  portrait 3 by Gregory-Welter  portrait 1 by Gregory-Welter  Ruby scetch by Gregory-Welter  crouch lab cover by Gregory-Welter  depressed Castiel by Gregory-Welter  brother portrair by Gregory-Welter