[Mechanic / Robot / Sci-Fi Designer] for upcoming game!

Hello All,

I am from the team creating Cross Fate
(www.cross-fate.com)
(www.indiedb.com/games/cross-fa…
(www.facebook.com/CrossFateGame…

We're in need of an artist to design us:
>Robots
>Sci-Fi Vehicles
>Spaceships
>Sci-fi structures like space colonies, and such.
>Weapons (preferably someone who also does the robot, for consistency)

For our game, we have many already and still need some more!
A few things to keep in mind:

>Someone who knows they are up to it. At the risk of sounding like a jerk, we're late in development and we really can't hold a beginner's hand. Everyone is really busy. (Link to your DA or some other gallery with the designs: Robots, Vehicles, Spaceships etc.)

>Skype - This is the one of the best instant messaging clients for us and vital for communication in our team. I'd really prefer not to deal with emails since I tend to check it once a day, and that means communication becomes 90% slower.

>Robot Note: The proportion of the robots we need, they are "dwarvish" as seen on the IndieDB and Facebook page. This is very important, since it is slightly different than most humanoid mechas.

>Payment: We pay on job completion through Paypal, not before in full , and half in advance or anything like that. We understand this option isn't optimal for everyone, but this is how it is.

As for the quality of the work we need, something akin to this
cross-fate.com/img_crsft/GGunn…
Take notice of the Decals, the minor details, the lights and such.

Colored and showing front and back. (Our modeler might request you to look at the model and point out any fixes needed on the mecha's structure).

Now, we are possibly looking for up to two to three artists, so if you think you have got what it takes, then don't shy away. We can always use more designs to flesh out our game.

This is likely an on-going opportunity thing (and properly credited in our game), but we'll let you know in advance if we need something else designed, just keep it in mind.

So, finally, send your offers to dan@cross-fate.com , we don't come to DA very often so notes tend to go unnoticed.

Cheers,
Cross Fate Team
Comments3
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Hi there my name is Fenton, I've just completed a course in transportation and vehicle design {concept art}  alongside  practical and  knowledge. I have previously worked with architectural team on the visualisation of a space-like radar station, which had to be dropped onto photo-plates as well as look realistic and blend into these plates.
I am also intrigued by mechs and spaceships, spending my free time producing 3D mechs as seen:
Chicken Walker by Commisonator  

This is the WIP (work in progress)

Chicken Walker WIP by Commisonator

And these are the initial sketches which I drew using photoshop

Mech sketches 1 by CommisonatorChicken walker sketch by Commisonator

I've also done helmet concepts as well Helmet WIP by Commisonator
and am comfortable using zbrush and maya as a hard surface modeller to produce these concepts to a high level of detail. I then use photoshop to help with the texturing.

I have also done drawings and 3D concepts for parts of cyborgs
CrazHand by Commisonator
CrazHand 3D by Commisonator

Alongside this I can do some 3D modelling for humans using the same software

Portrait_1 by Commisonator
Lying Down... A Doodle by Commisonator
Majestic Punk by CommisonatorSurfing Girl WIP by CommisonatorSurfing Girl by Commisonator

I have also sent an email, in case you didn't get this, more of my work will be attached to this.

Cheers,
Fenton 
Greetings my name is jose palacio,i m from colombia, I'm illustrator,2D and 3D animator for TV and video games,VFX senior,illustrator, this link can see the reel I made for deviantart,
I am interested and would be an honor to work in such important company like yours .
I have a experience 6 years in the world of visual effects 
I adapt to any style 
I would like to get into a project like this 
right now I'm 100% free to take this job
I hope to be to your liking and have a prompt positive response 

Examples from sprite 

turbo- senshi samuray games by junxy-studio  king monkey - senshi samurai games by junxy-studio  
exemple illustration

Se Eva 1 by junxy-studio  Se Eva 2 by junxy-studio  Cat-demon -Slayer Cats by junxy-studio  hiyori senshi samurai games by junxy-studio  Zord Flat Color Comission by junxy-studio  Cammy by junxy-studio  slayer cats genove by junxy-studio  hade - wonder woman sister by junxy-studio  ali by junxy-studio  Genova slayer cats by junxy-studio  Troll ice by junxy-studio