[$800-1,000 USD per month] Looking for 1 talented artist - full time JOB - VIDEO GAME ART

We're looking to hire a full time artist to work in games mostly, and we're willing to pay $800-1,000 USD per month depending on the style/abilities.  This is a full time gig, 8 hours a day, monday-friday.

We're looking for someone capable of creating:
- Detailed Backgrounds
- Men/Women/Boys/Girls/Monsters etc.
- Can work hours around GMT+2
- Good at online communication

Here is one of our gameswww.barnesandnoble.com/w/dunge…
An RPG we've launched recently: www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-t…
And some dress-ups we've made: www.barnesandnoble.com/c/plane…

The job could have you making any of these types of games, maybe other things as well, such as: comics, promotional art, tiny games that take a few days, large games that take months to finish.

Please send me a private message if you're interested.
Comments43
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
hi sir I'm marklumbao from Philippines and I'm interested to apply for this job I'm artist and a animator and if you like i can give you lower service price. you said  800 dollar per month i can give you my service as 300 dollar per month low price and have a good quality of work see my blogspot here its is kingkong-darkangel.blogspot.co…,  vamdesign123.blogspot.com/  and if you are interested to my offer just add me on my Skype account here virgiliomaravilla thank you and hope to hear you soon.
This project sounds cool, why oh why do I live in California.
:( I hope to have a larger budget soon :)
Just send you a note
Sending you a note :)
I wished I could work with you again, we had such a blast. Alas, time is not my friend atm.

And fyi for you whom think the price is unfair, I've worked on both salary and per project payment, unfortunately if you live in a rich nation, you cannot live of this. That I do understand. But also understand that a third world game developer cannot pay the prices to compete with first world salary. The amount Jonathan offers is a great one if you live in his neck of the woods. If he was the owner of Ubisoft of EA, I would be at the picketline with you, but that being said, is not the case.

You will not find a more honest man, and working with one whom will take you with him when success is achieved is even more rare still.

I Hope you guys will have fun on this new project, I will cheer for you in the sidelines ^_^
Thank you! :) It's been fun working with you as well!
Sadly, 6,25 USD is still far more than minimal wage in my country /2,20 Euros/
But its still low price for artist.
you are asking ALOT for something that is the equivalent or less to general minimum wage.... Most artists would be spending more time a week on this project that they would working a regular 40hr a week job, because they would HAVE to take it home and work after your initial 8hr request, and all for the same pay...
As a free time thing it isn't so bad but that still takes ALOT of free time to produce what you are asking.
And your not even including the commercial fees, licensing, right, ect. to the artists work
Hello!

I am really interested in this offer. That sounds like a great experience that I would be really glad to take. Please check out my portfolio here:
dakatridrache.daportfolio.com/

and some samples of my work:

Character Design by VegetiqueCharacter Design 05 by Vegetique Character Design 04 by Vegetique Character Design 03 by Vegetique Character Design 02 by Vegetique Character Design 01 by Vegetique
Daffy on the hunt by Vegetique Carnival Noir by Vegetique Soul Engineer Design by Vegetique Rebel by Vegetique Mag with Patelnia by Vegetique Drache by Vegetique
Mag Sketch Dump by Vegetique Werewolf Design by Vegetique Werewolf Design 2 by Vegetique Angel Design by Vegetique Some idead on the character by Vegetique Mag Design by Vegetique

I am capable of providing sketches, visualisations, character sheets, finished illustrations, perspectives, expressions, basically anything considered to be the character concept art.
Please feel free to see my gallery and contact me for some more info here or on my email:   draczee@gmail.com

Have a great day!
Dakatri
Hi, i am iterested 
BRYNHILD by Zicuta  Elysium Field by Zicuta  Flowers Field- Night by Zicuta  Asgard Ruins by Zicuta  flowers Field-Day by Zicuta  Commission - Pharsalia by Zicuta  Fantasy - Epic Mountain by Zicuta  Hallowing by Zicuta  Eternal Punishment by Zicuta  Home by Zicuta  Demon Temple by Zicuta  Fortress by Zicuta  Guardian Temple Final by Zicuta  
That´s Macdonald´s wage. Artwork and frying french chips ain´t the same thing.
I'm pretty sure in a lot of states in the US, people are paid more for fast food services (I like in California, and I believe the minimum wage is $8.25/hour) :giggle:
You will get better quality art if you ask for less time/less artwork and pay more per piece, rather than asking an artist to bang out as much art as possible in 160 hrs for $6.25USD. 
for a respect, the minimum are USD3k per month
Yeah.. Id expect $800-$1000 PER WEEK!
But alas.. the Poster is trying to take advantage of cheap labor in low income countries.
I live in low incom country and I charge 15-20$/hour... But I know there are artists here who will consider this offer to be good enough. Well, most of them have no enough experience on a game art field and will lose a lot of your time learning, but sometimes it works. Anyway you always get whar you`ve payed for.
I live in a low income country... I'm so glad you guys make so much! :) Not all of us make as much as you guys. But please respect us poor people trying to make a living as well.

Where I currently live, the minimal wage is $310 per month...