Artists needed for professionally-produced anime RPG

[ Background Information ]
    Echoes of Eternea* is an excitedly-anticipated (1,456 Kickstarter backers in a successful campaign; many more pre-orders) anime-style RPG (role-playing game.) Here's more information about Eternea on Kickstarter: [link] + [link]
    The dev team: awesome + very friendly developers, director + staff, writers, composers ([link] voice actors and actresses, and artists.
    (*Produced by Echoes of Eternea Games, LLC @ [link] [Facebook] -- and [link] [Twitter])

★★ [ Job Description ] ★★
    ★ We earnestly seek character artists -- whose styles match the game's character art* -- to push Eternea towards publication in the fall! ★
    *Here are examples of Eternea's art style: [link] + [link] . I'm writing you talented artists -- because the Eternea team and I-who-am-too-slow need your help with the remaining game art in a style similar to mine; we'll need the following done...
    ==> (1) Non-animated one-flat-color drawings (that will be used in "motion comics;" the art style required will be very similar to Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker's opening cinematic @ [link] .) These drawings may be stylized and may not look like my normal style.
    ==> (2) Character design and / or "dialogue torsos" (like [link] [no background needed for torso illustrations] and used in the game like [link] .) These drawings should resemble the style of existing character artwork.

★★ [ How To Apply ] ★★
    Please email Ryan Harmon,* Eternea's lead director, with --
    (1) links to your DeviantART / artwork / portfolio;
    (2) your rates per piece for the following: full-body / torso without background, colored digitally; full-body character design, colored digitally;
    (3) and how much time you take to draw the above.
    ==> *You can reach Ryan @ harmon.ryan12 (AT) gmail (DOT) com. To make sure your email is easily identified, please type "Eternea" somewhere in the subject line of your email!

★★ [ About Compensation And Working For E.O.E. Games ] ★★
    Very fair compensation is guaranteed. Working with Ryan and his skilled team has been amazing; everyone's genuinely kind and gives each other much freedom and enough time to work.
    Because I've been such a slow artist [hence why I'm asking you all for help,] I've told Ryan to please use all / any of my own compensation from the $43,196 Eternia budget -- to pay you all; with your help, Eternea can finish beautifully!
    Please email any inquiries to Ryan at harmon.ryan12 (AT) gmail (DOT) com ! Thank you for your time, everyone.
Comments24
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Are you guys still looking for artists?
hi just wondering if you guys are still looking for artists i'm still a beginner but looking to take it to the next level and learn so if interested check out my DA page and if there is anything i can help out with id love to help to me its more about gaining experience :D
Hi! Sounds pretty cool!
Email sent!
I'm interested, I've been a fan of your work ever since AWA. And I have also been trying to find someone to work with on DA.

let me know if you are interested.
Aw man! I really wanna join but I just started a full time job :O Let me know if in the future Eternea needs more work! The game looks really promising!
@*zwxART

Yes!! We were able to find many talented artists. Thank you to all who replied to us with their interest :)
Ahhh wow this is such a huge project. How did it go? If you don't mind me asking. Were you able to find new artists? :)
I do not currently draw in a style similar to yourself, but I am skilled at imitating people's styles very well. Should I post the work I have done to prove this as well as some sketches showing my skills at imitating your style?
Oh gawd... I could probably try my hand at doing a style test, but I'm so busy this month that I don't think I'd be able to do it till mid-August. When do you need everything by? I'd love to apply.
wow! i wish i was good enough to be apart of that
Hello! ^^ I do not think that I'll be eligible to help with the dialogue torsos and whatnot as my style is not similar to yours!!

However I'm definitely interested in the character design and flat colour drawings. I will be able to offer pretty cheap rates.If it is not too much trouble could you note me on the details of the job and how much artwork must be produced? I would like more details before actually contacting the lead director.

:iconslashshockplz: Thank you for reading!
Wow that game will look awesome :D
Good luck with working with it! :3
I cant wait till it comes I really love the style it will be! ^^
Spontaneously I think the style and detail is a bit too extravagant (at least the in-game conversation waist-shots).

Not sure if my work thus far is good enough for that, and I'm bad at detailing work and following certain styles (imo), so eh..

But good luck!
Well, though my style doesn't match the game's existing one (could probably get close if given a step-by-step, managed to reproduce other artists' styles in the past this way) I'd totally love to be part of the team so just gonna apply with my whole portfolio hehe :lmao:

Good luck anyway, and I'm totally a new supporter now *duh, late am I?* for whenever the game's gonna be launched&playable :dummy:
I'm a traditional artist, so I don't think I'll be able to help. Hope you'll find someone!:)
Wow, i saw the campaign long ago and I reaaaaaally loooove your character design and how you paint them!! XD

Seriously, good luck for the game development!! Really looking forward to it!

Sorry i wasn't here to apply XD hope you'll find a suitable artist soon!
I've applied now as well. Regardless of the outcome of my application I wish you guys well in a successful launch for Eternea~
Note sent.

Our artists have done critically-acclaimed work in the game and e-book markets. We have a talented team of 34 professionals with a variety of specialties in illustration, animation, pixel art, comics, games (card, interactive and board) voice acting and script doctoring.

If your project is headed to Kickstarter, our studio can lend additional professional credibility to your campaign.

In less than a year, our artists and producers delivered all of the graphics (over 2900 illustrations) for four retail PC games in Valve's Steam store. One of those games received a 90/100 rating on GamesBeat. Another got an 8.0 rating on GameSpot: [link]

Visit [link] to see examples of our work. E-mail creativity at heavycatweb dot net if you have questions. Our Skype ID is heavycatweb

About Heavy Cat Studios: [link]

Heavy Cat Studios, we meet again!! LOVE your work. I've linked Eternea's director, Ryan Harmon, to your post; he has many compliments for your gallery!
Looking forward to hearing from you! Congratulations on the successful Kickstarter!
Hi,

Just to clarify, Will this payment be dependent on the kickstarter funding being successful? or is it upfront payment?
Hi, FriendlyHand!! The Kickstarter campaign was successfully funded last year (netting $43,196 from 1,456 backers and many more pre-orders.) You can definitely request upfront payment or a portion of your payment as a deposit.