Smartphone word game seeking artist for gameplay/UI art + achievement icons

Hi from Syntactic Sugar! We’re developing a word game for smartphones and are looking to commission a talented artist experienced with game projects to craft the art assets for our game’s UI. This includes the game board UI elements, menu widgets and the achievement icons that will appear throughout the game.

We’re quite far along on the game, with a full set of background images and comic art cutscenes featuring the game’s characters. We’re now looking to bring it home with engaging UI art for the game board, menus and achievements that will excite players and keep them coming back for more!

The game is a casual word-hunting game (think Scramble or Words with Friends) with a cute plot involving our original characters. The art we’ll need includes:
  • Menu design, layout, background and button art for the main menu, story progress map and other menu screens
  • Game board design, layout and widget art, including tile images, meters, buttons, etc.
  • Achievement icons for the various medals, badges and pins that players can unlock
  • Skinning for other UI widgets, such as buttons, lists, check boxes, message box background, etc.
  • Sprite animations (for loading animations, plus effects like bursts, poofs, sparkles, explosions, etc.)
We have a detailed design doc with the art needed for each screen that we’ll share once the contract is signed. Some screens already have designs and need specific art, while others (like the main menu) are open-ended - we’re looking for your creativity here!

This will be Syntactic Sugar’s second published smartphone game (check out our first game, Crosswords). Engaging art is very important to us and our art budget is reasonable, so don’t hesitate to get in touch - please reply or email admin@syntax.io with your rates and a link to your portfolio if you’re interested.

Thanks!
Comments6
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I sent you an email
Third time's the charm :)

Here's the two images we've posted so you can get a feel for the comic art that the game UI will be working with.
Thanks for all the emails and replies so far!

The links above have gotten a bit dusty - you can check out samples our comic art style here and here. We're looking for someone who can craft a game UI that will mesh well with this style.
I am very interested, please give me a look

[link]
I'm use to game making. I'll send you a email later with the information in the mean time you could look at my gallery because i'm about to update it with some new art.