February 3, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 1

Looking to work with someone on digital matte paintings for my animated short

:icongorgonaut:
Gorgonaut Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Hobbyist Filmographer
Hello,
So what I'm working on is the more ambitious follow-up to an animated short I made last year - you can see that one here: [link] - and I'm hoping to find someone I can work with to digitally paint the backdrops for it. It's a rotoscoped project, and the live action stuff has all been filmed and edited, the voiceover work is about half done, the score is in progress, and the first minute (of either 4 or 8, depending on if we break it up into two parts) is animated but not yet colored. I suspect it will take me about 6-8 months to complete, and I'm going to need about 10 panoramic backdrops at pretty high resolution (so that I can use details from it for additional backdrops) and maybe another 15-20 more specific images. Maybe less with more planning with the artist? It's a lot of work, certainly, and I don't have much money, but I'm hoping that this is the kind of project that the right person will be as super pumped about as I am! I know it's not much, but I can't really do more than $100 out of (my wife's) pocket. If this is something you'd absolutely love to do but can't possibly do it without getting paid a lot more than that, maybe we could work out a budget and set up a Kickstarter? I know it's lame, but I'm hoping the appeal of this will be as a sweet resume piece more than the pittance I can actually afford.

The influences here are primarily Heavy Metal and Bakshi's Fire & Ice, and the setting all takes place at the top of a snowy mountain peak and the gothic cemetery at the top that houses a gigantic skull with vines of flowers spilling from its jaw, and them some deep cosmos stuff. Your kind of thing, perhaps?

Message me or respond here if you'd like to hear more about it!
Thanks for reading!

-Morgan

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconaaronquinn:
AaronQuinn Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013  Student Digital Artist
This seems like a very ambitious project :) Matte painting is something I do not particularly agree with morally but I am quite a strong painter anyway. It might be quite a fun project to take up on and the previous animation was great ^_^ well done. Check out some of my stuff if this is the kind of thing you are looking for. $100 is still a little low for what you are asking for but am sure we can work something out :)

A few environmentals, check out the rest of my gallery if you like :)

Aaron
Add a Comment: