February 1, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

Writer looking to partner with artist!

:iconbcbazooka:
BCbazooka Jan 31, 2013  Professional Filmographer
Hello talented artists!

I'm a writer looking for a professional level artist to draw my comic! This is a very serious partnership I'm talking about here. I believe my concept and writing are both good enough to have a real shot at getting published through Image, Dark Horse, or another big company. So I need an artist who can deliver high quality work! Pencils, inks, color, lettering.

I'm offering a FLAT RATE of $400 for the first 24 page issue (give or take a couple pages). That issue will be submitted to publishers, and should it get picked up, I'm offering a 50/50 split of the profits from the comic book sales to the artist. So from issue #2 forward, the artist compensation would come from the profits.

Now I'm sure you're salivating at the sound of this offer by now, but let me go over some of the requirements:
-Must live in the continental United States. (Easier for me deal with as far as communication. Also, easier to meet for book signings, conventions, etc.)
-Must be capable of completing pages (ink, color, lettering, etc.).
-Must be capable of meeting deadlines. This is big. If we're going to be a permanent team, I need to be able to rely on you. I'm looking for someone who is serious about succeeding with this comic. If you're not already familiar with Image's submission guidelines, please read them. They'll give you an idea of what I'm talking about:
[link]
-Must be able to produce a style that is comparable to something you'd see in a typical Marvel, DC, or Image comic (if I don't see some examples in your profile, I probably won't contact you).

Concept-wise, the closest thing I could compare this comic to is Sin City. It does have superheroes and villains. It will have extreme language and violence.

The first issue has been storyboarded by me. Look at my deviations to see a few of the pages. Also, the characters for the first issue have already been designed by myself and an immensely talented artist. Which means, I'm ready to roll as soon as you are!

A little about myself, I'm actually an aspiring screenwriter. This comic is based on a movie script that I've written. I figured a comic book would be the perfect way to gain some buzz for my script and help keep my vision from being corrupted. I don't plan on working on this comic forever. It would be a short run series (15 or 20 issues, who knows…) or possibly a graphic novel. You've been warned! However, if all goes well, I do have other projects I would be interested in turning into comics.

I'm looking for an artist I can really enjoy working with. Someone who's on my wave length. If you don't like Robert Rodriguez movies, Bruce Lee, Robocop, or Married with Children, then please don't bother responding to this post.

I will maintain ownership of this comic and all characters that I create. You will maintain ownership of the original artwork and the money you make.

So… who's ready to f*ck sh*t up?!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconstamayostudio:
StamayoStudio Feb 2, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
My style isn't marvel or dc. But here is my experience working on 2 self-published graphic novels [link]
:icontheastro:
TheAstro Feb 1, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
<$17/pg is far too low for what you're seeking.
:iconzizzlarachet:
ZizzlaRachet Feb 1, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
Your Story board is pretty awesome
:iconheavycat:
heavycat Feb 1, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Multiply your page rate by six and give up on the Dark Horse thing. Publish it yourself.
Add a Comment: