Closed to new replies
January 31, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 16

Looking for Graphic Novel Artist

:icondevlingf:
DevlinGF Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013
Hi guys, so I'm looking to move forward on some artwork for my Devolution series. I'm currently finishing up a couple of books, and the artist I usually use is currently unavailable, plus I'm looking for a possible change in style.

For that reason I'm going to keep things open, but I would still like a dark / semi realistic look to thinks. Think Ben Templesmith... thank kinda direction but as I say I'm open.

As for price, well that depends on skill and commitment. Firstly I'll be looking to commission one piece. The two main characters Devlin & Eddie and a background, to firstly see how we get along and if your style fits with what I'd like to achieve.

I will provide you with the script, and it will be up to you to turn it into a graphic novel, turning the words into images.

I won't go into too much detail, but Devolution is set in the year 3032, following two bounty hunters Devlin & Eddie as they hunt demons in a giant domed metropolis called Edge City. It combines technology from our modern era and advanced technologies too, so you'll be required to be able to draw these things. Emphasis on story with high octane action pieces and fairly gory combat.

There are several stories (although unedited and old now) in my gallery, but it should give you a brief idea to my style and if you feel you would be able to do anything with it. I don't want to show too much of artwork I already have, so it's fairly fresh and open to your own interpretation. I feel this helps and the words may be mine, but the work is more your own.

Here are links to some of my writing: [link] and [link] but as I say bare in mind I have re written both these pieces. I have a book of short stories finished and two full length novels almost finished and tons of other stuff in the works.

I'm looking for someone to work closely with, I would still like to handle some of the art, I'd like someone to do the sketches, send them to me for approval / changes then I can give the go ahead for you to do the line art and colour them. I'd then take the final piece and add my textures and various effects that I like to.

I'll of course pay for any work once finished, but initially I'd like to have someone have a crack at the main character piece before tackling a graphic novel. Please post up examples of your work if interested and a price for the first piece to help me decide on someone.

Thanks guys. :)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconblue957:
blue957 Featured By Owner Feb 8, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm interested, please take a look at my gallery.

Thank you for your consideration.
:iconart-by---adamruss:
Art-by---AdamRuss Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013
Hi, I am very interested in working with you, thanks in advance for any consideration.

[link]
[link]
[link]
:icongameofdolls:
gameofdolls Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013  Professional General Artist
If the position is still open, please have a look through my gallery to see if any of my works suit the style you are after for your project.

Thanks.
:iconmlappas:
mlappas Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Greetings,

My name is Manthos Lappas and I'm the lead artist from LnC Art Studios LLC,An American based art studio specialized in storyboards,graphics novels,concept art,card art,cd cover,illustration and animation.

We are interested in your project so I am attaching some samples of our work:

If you are interested please contact us at: ben@lncartstudios.com
And Cc manthos@lncartstudios.com (Including a link to this current page with your job offer post)

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Best regards,
Manthos Lappas of
LnC Art Studios
:iconmichaelharris:
michaelharris Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013
check out my gallery
:iconstamayostudio:
StamayoStudio Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Graphic novel experience [link]
:iconunrealsmoker:
unrealsmoker Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
hello, my name is bramasta aji from indonesia, i've been working as freelancer for almost 4 years..
my gallery is [link] and here is some sample:

if u are interested, please email me at unrealgraph@yahoo.co.id

regards
:icontheastro:
TheAstro Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Professional Digital Artist

if interested please note or email at pretendtobelieve[a]gmail.com for prices, thanks.
:iconheavycat:
heavycat Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Note sent.

Video Intro: [link]

We have a number of artists with a variety of specialties. Visit [link] to see examples of our work. E-mail creativity at heavycatweb dot net if you have questions.

:icondiogolando:
diogolando Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013
Hi. Please take a look at my potfolio at www.diogolando.com and contact me if you're interested in my work and style, you can contact me through deviantart or mail me to mail@diogolando.com
Regards
DiogoLandô
Add a Comment: