Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 31, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 11

Grafics for Videogame needed - Background and/or Objects (glowing/neon/tron style)

:iconyoelk:
YoelK Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013
Hey everyone...

here´s a new Job offer! I´m working on an topdownshooter in Neon/Tron-Style... (if you think you already saw this, you´re right! But I didn´t find an Artist to work on that project the last time... but things are more clear now, so just go on :))

My graphic skills aren´t enough for what I want it to look like, so I need your help!
Please have a look at the website, watch that bad video (game runs fluently on the pc, just had problems while recording the video) on youtube and devide, if you can do similar grafics.

What I´m looking for is an Artist, who can interpret, what I´m trying to do with that game and bring in his/her own ideas. Basically the game is about ComputerVirus Hunter, who are hunting with "brain to computer interfaces"... that´s why things should look like, you´re in the computer (matrix/tron) - at least it should stay "glowing" - the roomstyle can be changed with every level. At the end of each level you will be confronted with the bad guy who controlls the BigBoss Virus.

So, here´s the money thing! Please tell me, how much money you want to have for a detailed Background and/or Objects (Viruses, Players "ship"/"character"... whatever you want to call it)! And please show me some examples...

Here´s another option: If you like the game and you want to be part of my Developing Team (beacause it´s a lot of fun to work in a team), I will recruit you, too! This way, we´ll do a contract before. We will negotiate before how much % of the sellings will go to you. So, if you´re interested in joining "Bjulin Arts", just let me know in your Comment/Note!

Cheers, Yoel aka Bjulin

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpatt-ytto:
Patt-Ytto Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013
:iconlepixelists:
:icondestriarch:
Destriarch Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013
You may find it worthwhile to generate the 'glow' effect programmatically using a simple gaussian blur filter. Depending on the codebase you're using, there may already be a suitable function (i.e. one for generating 'shadows')

-Ash
no, i want it to be painted!

1.) graphics will have more character
2.) saves cpu

anyway, thanks for your opinion!
:icondestriarch:
Destriarch Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013
I'd agree with the latter, though I'm not so sure about the former, mostly because I expect that most digital artists worth their salt will use similar methods anyway.

Also on the other side of the coin:

1) you can easily, dynamically change the colour of the glow on the fly
2) You can generate 'pulse' effects by changing the radius of the glow
3) You'd need a really slow computer, or truly massive amounts of large sprites, to take a noticeable CPU hit.

...unless of course you're using Flash or your target market is low-end Android phones and tablets, in which case it may not be worth the CPU hit, although I've seen some games that seem to be able to handle surprising amounts of it. GeoDefence springs to mind.

-Ash
:icon3dcgrt:
3dcgrt Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013
Noted
:iconzetpk:
Zetpk Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
I'm interested in being a part of your team
my gallery
[link]
I also have After Effects knowledge if you need animated works
:iconakany89:
Akany89 Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013
I like this stuff!!! Noting you about this :D
:iconnefarious-fox:
Nefarious-Fox Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013
I'm not a visual artist.

Now that we've gotten that bit of disappointment out of the way (sorry) I am a game sound designer/composer, having worked on games that placed at recent Columbia College game jams, and that were chosen for placement in Columbia College's art of play.

Not trying to sound like a braggart, just establishing that I know what I'm doing.

Please take a look at my resume! [link]
Sorry, but i´m a musician and sounddesigner myself (see at my website)!
And I allready have some guys to compose the soundtrack with me... so, I can´t give you any commission! Anyway, thanks for your reply...
:iconnefarious-fox:
Nefarious-Fox Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013
Oh, I should have mentioned that I'm also a voice over artist. If you're interested or think it would be relevant to the project, please give my stuff a listen:

[link]
Add a Comment: