Closed to new replies
January 18, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 9

Fantasy Sequential Artist

:iconbluebombercomics:
BlueBomberComics Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
I'm looking for an interior/sequential artist for a creator owned, twelve page project. The project is fantasy base, involves drawing knights horses, and beautiful women (along with a few statues).

I have someone lined up for doing letters.

I had posted about this previously and even hired someone who did an exceptional job on a rough draft but then fell out of contact and never completed the project. Therefore, I'm looking for someone reliable and committed to delivery.

The payment for this submission project is done on budget, please be aware of that. It's a chance to get published, there's additional payment once it is published, as well. I'm not just looking for a submission artist, but an on-going collaboration. I'm looking for professional artists, however, if you are unpublished, this is your chance and I'll certainly take a look at your work.

Expect negotiations to last a few days as when I do this, I get numerous submissions. I prefer getting messaged than a post here in this thread.

Medieval bibles and other manuscripts had a very unique and often, knotwork heavy design. This could create a very beautiful and elegant layout.

Please send:
Gallery/portfolio link for sequential art.
Time it will take.
If only doing pencils, details on preferred inker/colorist (I would prefer an all-in-one package, or a team) if any exist.
Price for 12 pages (character designs already exist with minor exceptions).

While this is unfortunate for artists, I am working with a tight budget. Hiring artists that have previously flaked means a lower budget to work with.

I look forward to hearing from you all!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconheavycat:
heavycat Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Note sent.

Video Intro: [link]

We have a number of artists with a variety of specialties. Visit [link] to see examples of our work. E-mail creativity at heavycatweb dot net if you have questions.

:iconadelaidaadelaida:
AdelaidaAdelaida Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013
I am interested in this project, please have a look at my gallery for samples.
:iconmii-ume:
Mii-Ume Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013
her is an example of my work
it would be 150 points for a coloured traditional and
250 points for a coloured digital

thank you for your time
:iconarman-rillo-sr:
Arman-Rillo-Sr Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
note sent!
:iconthegriffin88:
thegriffin88 Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I can color and line if you need: [link]
:iconthegriffin88:
thegriffin88 Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Oh, and the time it will take for the pages depends on the detail when it's sketched up, but I could do it for about $40, we can negotiate if you need. But if hired I will commit.
:iconalice-time:
alice-time Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Professional General Artist
While I may not be what you're looking for style wise, I do have experience in manuscript illuminations and did my thesis on medieval bibles. [link]
:iconaurynpub:
AurynPub Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013
While the situation with your previous artist is very unfortunate and unfair to you (or so I can only assume), you should not take that out on future artists by lowering your budget. It's not fair to the future artists that someone else screwed up. I would suggest replenishing your budget prior to looking for new artists.

Also, if you have a budget in mind, it's really important that you post it here rather than look for bids. I, personally, am more likely to lower my rates to work on a project when I know what the budget is upon submission.

That does suck to hear about the previous illustrator. May I ask what happened? Were there creative differences or did they just up and leave? While I do feel that many artists are reliable and talented, there are certainly bad apples out there who ruin it for everyone else.
:iconsuitandarmour:
suitandarmour Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013
Whats a medievil bible.
Add a Comment: