Closed to new replies
January 17, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

Interested in Commissioning Artist for Children's Book

:icongreydevil13:
GreyDevil13 Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Much like the title says, I am interested in collaborating with an artist (paid, though I am no rich man) to illustrate a children's story I've written. The story itself is called, "Fishing for Sunset" and is a magical, surreal short-story meant to inspire and evoke a sense of wonderment.

For something similar, I recommend looking at 'The White Goblin' by Ul De Rico, as far as style, theme, and mood.

Below I'm including the first 'page' of the story. If interested, please feel free to send me a PM or email (candlejack13@hotmail.com), and we can talk. Thank you.

Sanjian'Ro built his house at the edge of a curious cliff overlooking a dry river bed. He built it out of rocks, and sticks, and hope. In the evenings when the red and white suns would set, every hundred years or so, he trundled out wrapped tightly under a shell of cloaks with his rickety cart and made his way down to the riverbed. When he got to the gravelly banks, he parked his cart and would stand for a time, feeling the rocks beneath his feet and watched as the suns disappeared behind the winding mountains.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconjornas:
jornas Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
email sent with info
:iconmeep-and-mushrat:
Meep-and-Mushrat Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Professional Filmographer
Hello, I'm a children's artist who has one publication in circulation. I would like to be part of this project. My DA gallery has some light hearted illustrations. I can also do traditional artwork.
:iconalonzoemata:
alonzoemata Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
Hi, I'm interested.

Kindly e-mail me or pm me if I will be selected. Thank you!
alonzoemata.design@gmail.com

:iconheavycat:
heavycat Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
E-mail sent.

Video Intro: [link]

We have a number of artists with a variety of specialties. Visit [link] to see examples of our work. E-mail creativity at heavycatweb dot net if you have questions.

Add a Comment: