Closed to new replies
January 13, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 23

Wanted: Novel Cover Artist + Graphic Designer

:iconrellisnovak:
REllisNovak Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
I'll make this as simple as possible, so it I leave out something important please let me know.

1 - I am looking for an artist who can provide the front, back, and spine for a novel called The Age of Wolves. This is not a fantasy novel, so if elves and dragons are your specialty, you may want to pass on this.

2 - The style I'm looking for is either photographic or something painted in the style of the Pre-Raphaelites (think John William Waterhouse) or John Singer Sargent.

3 - I will need this in a format that will be easy to use in printed form, as an e-book cover, and as part of a web page theme, once I find a web designer.

4 - The person whose work I choose will need to read the first chapter or two from my novel in order to get a feel for what these characters look like. You photographers will need access to a beautiful woman with red hair and a tall, fit male with dark hair and a dark, moody look.

5 - I will also need a logo created of my name. This logo will appear in the same style on all my subsequent books. Again, it needs to be resizable for use in print, on e-books, and online.

6 - What I'm not looking for (and because this is a paid job, I'll be as picky as I want): no manga, no anime-style, no girly guys, no cel-shaded line-drawn art, etc.

7 - If you're interested, please post a direct link to the single piece of work you feel best represents your abilities. Why am I doing this? Because I only have one chance to capture the attention of people who are staring at a book shelf wondering which book to choose. I want to see if you can "wow" me with a single image.

8 - If you post a link to your gallery in general, or if you post several images in your reply here (instead of just the one), you will automatically be ignored for not reading the entire set of stipulations provided here. How can you follow my directions when I hire you if I can't count on you to read these simple rules first?

9 - I hope by reading this, you recognize I'm interested in serious applicants only. Your name will be appearing either on the cover or in the credits or both, as will mine. Wouldn't you be serious too? As a result, I'm not expecting to pay you $30 and a DA llama with :) :) :) all over the place. First, show me what you can do. Second, tell me if you can do it (after reading the first chapters), and then we'll discuss payment.

10 - I will allow for much artistic license with the cover, but I will also expect you to work with my input until we mutually love the product.

Thank you for your time.

R. Ellis Novak

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondesignbykatt:
DesignbyKatt Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013
Experianced book cover artist with many styles [link]
:iconshades-ofgray:
Shades-ofGray Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Hello!

I'm very interested in working with you.
Currently, I'm in my second year of Graphic Design and actually designed a book cover for one of my major projects.
Although there is more illustration imagery in my gallery, I do photography (taking courses in the subject) and, obviously, graphic design.

Good luck on your book and hope to hear from you,
Jessica
:iconh4125:
h4125 Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013   Digital Artist
Hello, I'm interested with the project.
my gallery [link]
:iconh4125:
h4125 Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013   Digital Artist
if you interested with mine
send me note or my e-mail : harwan.stiayoga@gmail.com
:iconrellisnovak:
REllisNovak Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013
Thanks for the interest everyone. It'll leave this open until the beginning of February or so. Lots of talent here on DA huh? This won't be a particularly easy decision.

And yes, I'm considering splitting out the logo design portion from the graphic arts portion.

R. Ellis Novak
:iconlordfreeza:
LordFreeza Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
I am interested if this is still opened.

I design both ebooks and full cover templates for print formatting.

[link]

:iconinkoutofthebox:
inkoutofthebox Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
I am interested and have reqad the rules, but not sure how to post a direct link. So I can either send 1 image to you by email, or please take a look at any image in my gallery, thanks.
:iconluckee-jynxe:
Luckee-Jynxe Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
If you're still looking, I'm interested in the graphic design portion of the project since I'm definitely no painter. So far I only have one book design cover in my gallery: link

I really did enjoy making this and hope to do more in the future so I hope you'll consider me.
:iconvargasni:
VargasNi Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Quite hard to choose, because my favorite piece has nothing
to do with the topic you are looking for, and is more manga,
but well, I guess this is the one that describes what I can do ^ ^

I hope you're interested.
:iconmiycko:
miycko Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Hello

Your offer sounds really great, I'm very interested in working with you on this.

here's my example

More in my gallery [link]

Please note or email miycko@yahoo.com if you're interested

Cheers
Add a Comment: