Closed to new replies
January 9, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 86

Seeking Manga Artist

:iconhythrain:
hythrain Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013   Writer
Seeking: One artist for Snowbound independent manga.

Responsibilities: Pencils and inks of character art ONLY (Thumbnails provided, background pencils & inks and all toning handled by other artists).

Price Range: $15 to $20 per page (Price is based on the breakdown of each page given my max payment per page) during volume 1. Most likely increase in price prior to beginning work on second volume.

Number of Pages: Approx. 200 pages per volume. Unsure of number of volumes at this time.

Additional Info:
- Production on the first volume will be taken at a relaxed pace in order to allow all artists involved the time needed to engage in any other projects they have going on.
- Ability to mimic style of previous artist will result in higher chance of being hired. To see style of previous artist you can view her deviantART profile, =mayshing, or you can look at this page sample as done by her: [link]
- Payments will be done through Paypal. If you don't have a Paypal account, then sadly we can't work with you.
- Must have use of Skype and Dropbox. If you are unaware of either of these programs, I can happily explain both.

If you have any questions, leave a comment here.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconalan-huxley:
Alan-Huxley Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Professional General Artist
I am very interested please visit my work here and @ freelanced.com/saint and at dailyearthpost.com for the diverse variety of my styles. thank you and i hope to be working with you soon.
hythrain Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013   Writer
I'm sorry, but as I've posted, this job offer is currently closed.
:iconartifart:
artifart Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013

I can make what you want.
:iconblackmetalmeda:
blackmetalmeda Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
You still need people?. Here I have some of my work if you're interested.

You can sent me a note
:iconmadboy-art:
Madboy-Art Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Hi!! I dont know if I still in time.. but check my gallery... you´re looking for inks, take a look in this one [link]
also can check my seccion lineart in my gallery.. and my gallery in genenral.. have a nice day!!! :)
hythrain Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013   Writer
Sorry, you are actually a bit late. I cut off taking anymore applicants last night. Sorry!
:iconmadboy-art:
Madboy-Art Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
OK :)
:iconcreativeers:
creativeers Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Professional Filmographer
As per your given details we are very much interested to work on this project. We are able to reach your desired level. Pricing is also perfect for us. Our performed services are, Special Image Effects, Website/Software development, Animation, Audio/Video Editing and so on.
This is our portfolio [link] and also few web development samples link:
[link]
[link]
[link]
[link] (Flash Banner)

SEO service provided:
[link]

Waiting for your positive feedback.

Regards
Marketing Team
www.creativeers.net
hythrain Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013   Writer
I'm no longer taking applicants for this job offering. If you've noted me or made a comment before I posted this, I will still accept, but at this point I've hit 60 applicants. Thank you to all those who have shown interest in the project!
:iconraknai:
raknai Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
I~m interested
Give a look in my galery and see if you are interested
[link]
hythrain Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013   Writer
I'm going to send you a note. :)
:iconengells:
engells Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Professional General Artist
HI, I'm interested! It would certainly take some time to mimic the style, but I think with enough practice I could be able to do it... But still, I let my self at your hands to decide either I'm "your man" or not. :P
[link]

P.S. I am currently working on a couple of works, which I will be finishing soon! I could send you somehow what I've done on them so far... if you are interested!!! ^^
Please favor me with your kindness xD
Hi Stephan,

Thanks for your interest in this project!

I took a look through your gallery, but I noticed there isn't a lot to go by. You only have around a couple dozen pieces which don't seem to have any sort of consistent look between them. Sure, a few match with others, but often they are of the same characters anyway.

On top of this, there's a distinct lack of sequential art samples. This is the kicker. I need to be able to see what you can do with comic pages. I can't follow up with the information regarding the mimicking sample without seeing this.

Drew
:iconvirtuadude:
virtuadude Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013
intrested, please have a look at my portfolio, Just drop me a Note if you are interested : )
[link] if you need to see more of my work, please contact me by
e-mail Virtualbro4@hotmail.com
Hi Virtua,

I took a look through your gallery, and I'll admit I don't think you have the level of art quality I'm looking for. I've had some rather talented individuals contact me, and rather than get your hopes up I'd rather be realistic with you and note how virtually impossible it would be for you at this time. I do thank you for your interest, though, and I do encourage you to not give up and to keep drawing!

Drew
:iconthepenguinwarlord:
ThePenguinWarlord Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
I am the Kurt Cobain of Manga art! I can give you art that will revolutionize the market!

[link]
I honestly can't tell if you're trolling me or are actually serious. I have a feeling it's the former, but I'm going to be respectful and go with the latter.

Simply put, nothing in you gallery, at all, makes me think you are even capable of an art style similar to those used in Japanese comics. As such, I must decline being able to consider you for this job.

Thank you for your time,

Drew
:iconbloodyheart97:
bloodyheart97 Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Professional Filmographer
HI!
im so interested on these project!

I can do most of anime style drawing.

and im good at digital inking as well.

If you are interested see my gallery

im not too updated on my artworks but i can say that im much more improved than what`s in my galleries.

:spyed:
hythrain Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013   Writer
Hey there!

Do you happen to have any sequential art samples? These are sort of clutch for a job like this.

In addition, I also need to ask for a style mimicking sample. As I've gotten more applicants than I expected, I've been having applicants produce samples to show their ability to mimic the previous artist.

I can provide you with a few samples of the style, along with a small script for a one-page comic you can use for producing this sample.

Drew
bloodyheart97 Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Professional Filmographer
Yes i already tried it once!

here is the link in FB page xD

[link]

im sure you had a facebook xD

and so i want to see the styles
I'll send a note with the style samples.
bloodyheart97 Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Professional Filmographer
Im done with my Sample Page.

:)
:iconmanekineko11:
ManekiNeko11 Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Professional General Artist
Hi, I'm very interest, I have long time experience doing commissions as free-lance artist (traditional art, digital art, comic pages, illustrations, designs, etc), here're some examples of my work:

In case you want to contact me you can either drop a note or my email me at:
yuuko.kitten@gmail.com

Thank you
Hey there,

I'm sending you a note with some additional information you'll need for applying for this.

Drew
To interested parties:

Due to the massive number of applicants I've been seeing (I have over 35 total when factoring in those who have sent just notes), I have two further requirements for anyone who applies.

1. You MUST have sequential art (comic page) samples. These tell me how well you can handle different angles and shots.

2. You must provide a sample showing your ability to mimic the art style of the previous artist, =mayshing. If you don't feel like you can, then I sadly will decline you. I've already gotten several applicants who feel confident they can duplicate it, so I've decided to limit the number of people on the consideration list, only those that CAN mimic it will be put on it.

Thank you to everyone who has shown interest! It's been rather overwhelming how many talented artists have contacted me about this!
:iconkumo-no-oji-sama:
Kumo-no-Oji-sama Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Hello there! Though my style is basically different, I can mimic other styles too. But please first take a look at my original examples: [link] (here you can see some fanarts too, like Kuroshitsuji, much alike as the original manga style)
Hi Kumo,

I've taken a look through your gallery, and your artwork looks nice. I see a lot of clean inked work, which makes me happy.

I do need to proceed into the style mimicking part, as early today I began limiting who I put on my consideration list to those who feel they can mimic it (and I've been asking those same people to create a sample of their attempt to mimic =mayshing's style for comparison). If you feel like you can, I'll need you to put together a sample and send it to me in a note. If you wish, I can give you a small one-page script to draw up as a sample (It'd also cover being a sequential art sample, which is something else I need to ask if you have).
I'm so glad you liked it! :)

By the way, I checked her gallery, but I could't find much examples for her manga style, so is it fine if I try to mimic that one you sent in your post as a link?
That's fine. It's why I linked it.

A non-manga example of her style would be this: [link]

The manga is mostly the same style of this, but I think she said it has a touch of K-ON's style in it too.
Is it fine for now if I just send you a simple mimic pic of a character? Cause then I can do it today. Unfortunately this week is crazy, I have to go now from home, and Saturday is whole day school, Sunday other course whole day, and sometimes in the next week I'll move... but after that I'll have tons of time.
You can if you wish, but keep in mind I sadly can't wait. I have to choose within a few days who the new artist is, as I need to get started on working on the first ten pages ASAP.
So here is a little something I just made, but sorry for the mistakes on it, I'm terribly tired, and there's not enough lights here.
[link]
Ah, I just finished some sketches! I quickly ink them, and post it :)
:iconcain-law:
Cain-law Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013   Traditional Artist
My commission, check it if you're interest [link]

Hi Cain,

I've looked through your gallery, and I do have a few things I need to cover.

First off, is your ink work all traditional, or do you have any digital inking?

Second, given the number of applicants I've had (Between comments on here, notes, and my posting the job info on one or two groups), I do need to ask if you think you could mimic the art style of the previous artist, =mayshing. If you think you can, would you be willing to put together a sample? I ask this because, at this time, my consideration list is comprised solely of individuals who believe they can mimic that style (with some having already provided samples of their attempts), and I do intend to keep it this way to limit the number of people I have to consider.
Hi there!

I took a look at your gallery, and sadly I must confess I don't think you have the art style or quality I'm looking for for this project. I do thank you for your time, though!
:icon102vvv:
102vvv Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
alright :)
:iconheavycat:
heavycat Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Note sent.

Video Intro: [link]

We have a number of artists with a variety of specialties. Visit [link] to see examples of our work. E-mail creativity at heavycatweb dot net if you have questions.

:icongardianangel-07:
GardianANGEL-07 Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I would love to :la:
I can seem to open your sample links though :(

But I'm really good at drawing characters, and I can adapt my style if you want something that looks more girly.
Here are a couple of my pieces. Not all characters are mine, though, and most of my work isn't uploaded since my scanner's broken:
[link] [link] [link] [link] [link]
hythrain Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013   Writer
You can't? Hmm, that's strange...

I'll admit, I'm unsure if your style would work. You say you can adapt it, but I would need to be able to see what you could do. Do you happen to have sequential art samples? If not, maybe you could put together one with a modified style just so I can see how well you do with sequential art and I can see what style you'd be drawing in?
GardianANGEL-07 Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Mm, I don't have a sequential art sample, as my latest comic is in chibi form and not uploaded.
But would you accept a page where I draw the characters while trying to imitate Mayshing's style in poses and close ups that would be found in sequential art?
Yes, I would accept that.

In fact, I've been using a one page sample script for this. I can send it to you. :)
GardianANGEL-07 Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Er, almost done with the page. My shoulder started acting up, so I think I'll finish it tomorrow. ><
That's fine. Just be sure to send it to me in a note.
GardianANGEL-07 Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
O___O ...
I just realized, just as I'm about to finish the page...I got the character's mixed up.
I thought Snow pulled Tamsyn...So I got the roles reversed from when Tamsyn's face was suppose to brighten up.
Then I realized the last line was "come on, Snow!"
SNOW gets pulled! Ack! Dx
Even if it's incorrect, would you still take it, or should I redo it and switch the characters...?
I'll take it, since it'll still show how well you can mimic the art style.
:iconsuitandarmour:
suitandarmour Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
you can check my gallery if you like, thanks.
Add a Comment: