Closed to new replies
January 9, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 12

Webcomic Artist Wanted

:iconspawnkcb:
SpawnKcb Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
$10 per page. Traditional comic book page size.

Payment on completion of page.

Stay and do one page or ten.

All styles considered.

Explotation/Bad girl/Hot Chicks/Violence/Alternative Future/Sci-Fi.

Must be able to turn pages in quickly.

Pages will be in black and white. Traditional or digital.

Contact me for more details.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconuntier-nick:
Untier-Nick Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013   Digital Artist
This is the most absurd thing I've ever seen on DA so far... I'm afraid of a new slavery era will be bring back to life. People can die easily when starving for about one week...
SpawnKcb Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
Please see commments below!
:iconpandadrake:
Pandadrake Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
$10 per page? Are you expecting a page an hour? Because anything less and you'd be paying less than minimum wage.

Change that to $10 an hour and I might consider it halfway reasonable. That would be about $20 a page assuming the artist isn't also writing everything because you haven't even told us if you have a story written in the first place. What are you planning on doing with the finished product? If you are monetizing it then shouldn't the artist have a cut for doing half of the conceptualizing (the visual part) and all of the dirty work?

I'd suggest changing tactics by starting your pitch with what the project entails and trying to get artists interested in it instead of just saying "I have money and I am willing to pay you a small amount for your work". Otherwise you will get people throwing stick figures at you and quitting when you don't pay.
I wan't to say thank you for giving a civilized answer. Thanks for the suggestions and I will adapt my advert a little when I get in this evening.
:iconangelicxflame:
AngelicxFlame Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
I wholeheartedly agree with you
:iconmeep-and-mushrat:
Meep-and-Mushrat Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Professional Filmographer
I'd be intersted ;3

Thanks and cool
:iconvascosobral:
VascoSobral Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
I have a job for you, if you want it. Cleaning my stables, 10$ per day. It's not much but it's very rewarding to work with animals and you will have a lot of exposure to manure.
SpawnKcb Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
If I needed the money I would do the job. Simple as that. But I don't so you will have to clean out your own stable. Sorry.
:iconvascosobral:
VascoSobral Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
So... If you don't have money problems, why a page rate so low? Don't you think the artists deserves a better page rate?
Add a Comment: