Closed to new replies
January 4, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 9

Independent visual novel project in need of artist/s

:icondesulishor:
Desulishor Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
As the title states. I'm a student looking to release a story-based game. I'm doing this on my free time, so you should know that my full art budget is somewhere between 100 - 200$. Payment over PayPal, prices should be negotiated...

Apply by posting on the thread, link anything that isn't on your gallery and give me an idea of what your skills are, how much free time you have, and what you're willing to work on.

(For those of you haven't heard about visual novels, they're essentially books with music, pictures and often multiple choices and even mini-games. Dating sims are one type of visual novels, but there are others as well. Some famous VNs include Kanon, Clannad, Fate/Stay/Night and so on...)

At the moment, I have a script complete, but nothing done on for the visuals so I'm looking for an artist who...
-is able to draw both characters and full scenes with multiple charas, simple background art is also a plus.
-is flexible, as in you'd send in your sketches regularly (over skype or email) and make changes when needed.
-Cute anime styles are preferred, but showing your personal style is not that much of problem.

-Game info and synopsis:
[B x G, Tragedy, Slice of life, hints of fantasy] rating +14, Two full story arcs and 3 'true' endings.
Yumi, a high school student at the small town of Kakunoshima, is sharing her body with the consciousness of her sister, Yuki, who's currently in a coma because of an accident that took place half a year ago. The protagonist, Haru, is Yumi's classmate, who accidentally discovers the secret between Yuki and Yumi. The story deals with the relationship of the three and their individual feelings.

The full work would include either:
1. 'traditional VN'
-2 colored waist-ups, with sets of different expressions, 3 others without expressions.
-full scenes, 8 or so. (in greyscale/or colored)
-Modifying stock photos for bgs (with a filter, some sketched bgs possibly)
2. 'Graphic novel VN' (a simpler look, but more art for the scenes of the story)
-15 or so sketches, no coloring or 'polishing'. Ranging from a single character to a full scene with multiple characters doing stuff, such as performing as a band.
-some simple bgs, photo modification...

I'm planning to release this before spring, either distributing digital copies freely or selling them for an indie price. (5$ or so) In either case, you'd get a copy of the final game, and have your name/nick on the credits. Profiting the sales, continued collaboration and so on are not out of the question, but that's only if the project is a success.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

Desulishor Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
I should state that I've more or less made the selection for the main artist now. but thanks for all of your attention, I might consider commissioning single pieces of art for the project later on, but I'll note/post if that happens.
:iconbenjamin-biddix:
Benjamin-Biddix Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
[link] My gallery, I mostly do traditional

If you are interested in my style note me. :)
:iconeis91:
Eis91 Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Student Filmographer
I'm interested but I don't have anime style I've got my own style,if you want to check my gallery on DA or my blog-[link]
:iconnheblue:
Nheblue Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Hi, I'm interested about your job offer, here is a link to my gallery if you are still searching for someone --> [link]
Thank you
Desulishor Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
At the moment, I'm already considering between 2 people, but I'm still open for more offers. As a general advice, rather than standard commissions, I'm looking for offers on the entire project. I'd prefer to work with one or 2 artists with a clear set of goals, rather than calculating exactly how many drawings I could afford...
:icon0w0b:
0w0b Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist

COMMISSION RATES:
Headshot
- 3 USD

Chibi
- 5 USD + 3 USD for additional character

Waist Up
- 6 USD + 3 USD for additional character

Full Body
- 10 USD + 8 USD for additional character

:icondrawingneko:
DrawingNeko Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
Hello there! As I see that you are interested in making a visual novel, I must highlight that I can adopt the exact same eroge style that you see in the many popular games. I haven't been hired before, and I hope this will be a good oportunity to show my skills.

[link] Here are just a couple of my works, and if you wish to test me out by giving me a task to execute, I'd gladly accept the challenge
:icondenba-kun:
Denba-kun Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Hello! I'm interested.
Here's my info: [link]

Hope to hear from you! :D
:iconunrealsmoker:
unrealsmoker Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
hello, my name is bramasta aji, i've been working as illustrator for many development for over 3 years, i have so many style.
here are some samples:

if u want to contact me, please send email to unrealgraph@yahoo.co.id

thank u for ur time
Add a Comment: