Closed to new replies
January 3, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

IN SEARCH OF A MANGA-STYLED ARTIST

:iconshadowbossex:
ShadowBossEX Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Student Writer
Greetings and salutations! My name’s Trey McIntosh and I’m a writer who loves to craft tales about anti-heroes and martial artists in the vein of Chinese martial arts fiction, aka “Wuxia”. After ten years of struggling with an idea, I’m finally creating my first comic book series, “NO PEACE under Heaven.”

“What is ‘No Peace under Heaven’?”

No Peace under Heaven is my creator-owned property that tells the tale of a young man by the name of Ashura Shindo, a talented martial artist who lives in a version of Tokyo where, as a result of a devastating earthquake, much of the city is destroyed. Quiet, withdrawn, but dedicated to living by the code of the martial arts, Ashura’s life is mundane (by his own definition) at best, but unknown to others, Ashura suffers from Post-traumatic stress disorder; when he was six years old, Ashura was the sole survivor of a massacre of which his family and clan were the victims. Ashura’s teacher and adopted father Master Wong hopes to cure him of his condition through his training. His life becomes more tumultuous when the Black Hand Triad, who rules vice over the city’s underworld along with the Yakuza, takes an interest in him. If that doesn’t complicate things, Ashura discovers that he possesses Pyrokinetic abilities and that he is the heir to several legacies dating back to the time of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

• Themes of Story – Revenge, retribution, honor, duty
• Elements of Story – Martial arts, The Mafia, Superpowers, the Supernatural

“Why would I like it?”

A good question. There are several reasons but the chief reason is that the plot is chock full of elements that I love to incorporate into a story: a multi-layered yarn, a setting dominated by an extralegal group, a society of fighters who adhere to a code, and of course, well-choreographed and equally epic battles. When you write, you write what you know, and what I know, more than anything, is Hong Kong action cinema. This is a tale of a young man searching to shine a light on a darkened past and preparing himself to fight against seemingly impossible odds. To add to the kung-fu mix, you get a new protagonist who isn’t from the same cookie-cutter brand of Shonen heroes that everyone has seen throughout many action anime: No senseless brooding, a developing personality, and martial arts-wise, he’s not the go-to guy to save the day; he fights using his head and what he’s learned. If he’s up against an opponent that outclasses him, Ashura will exercise common sense and run as fast as he can. This story will evoke the feeling of a Wuxia film and I’m putting my all into this to keep my fans on the edge of their seats.

“The Goal”

My goal is to produce the first issue as well as the first volume of “No Peace under Heaven”, which would cover the first story arc and lead up to a six year time skip. (Side note: The idea of a time skip always appealed to me; in manga, especially the big three that are most popular in Japan right now, time skips occurred after a big event that affected all characters and inspired them to become better fighters, better people. The event itself may be the first of many that would change the world and the characters knew they had to be prepared for it.) I want to enamor my fans in the world of “No Peace” and leave them wanting more.

[PLEASE READ THIS PART BEFORE RESPONDING]

The money I’ll raise will be to pay YOU, the artist for your services to help me turn my dream into a reality; I want to show my appreciation for you helping me. Additionally, I’ll use the money to cover publishing and printing costs because so many people want to see the finished product. I have so many people supporting me spiritually and now I need support financially, for lack of a better term. I cannot produce payment until the funding is completed. I need the security that I can create different scenarios in the story instead of constantly cutting corners.

I AM SEARCHING FOR ARTWORK INSPIRED BY THIS:
[IMG][link]
[IMG][link]
[IMG][link]

OUTRO

This is only the start: reaching my funding goal is merely the beginning. Although this will go a long way to helping me complete my project, everything has the potential for setbacks. The greatest challenge set before me is garnering enough attention to get people’s pallets watering for No Peace. So much I want to do with this story, but as I said before, I cannot proceed without an artist.

I thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to check out my proposal. I want to do my best to tell stories that bring back the spirit of 80’s style Hong Kong action cinema that made Jackie Chan, Donnie Yen, Jet Li, and Sammo Hung world-renown action stars. I hope you enjoy what I can produce and that you’ll spread the gospel of “No Peace under Heaven!” Thank you in advance for your support.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkokoro-aoi:
Kokoro-Aoi Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student General Artist
Non paying and royalty work goes into the proyects Forum

aaand I can do the color with or without the flats, so the inker has less work load
:iconwrensthavaviovus:
WrensthavAviovus Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Student General Artist
also look into kickstarter for funding.
:iconwrensthavaviovus:
WrensthavAviovus Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Student General Artist
Check out my gallery and note me if you like what you see.
:iconshadowbossex:
ShadowBossEX Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Student Writer
You can contact me at
animekid2k3@yahoo.com
Add a Comment: