Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 2, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 9

Looking for an artist to help me finish my movie poster!

:iconmichaeldesanto:
MichaelDeSanto Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
Hi,

My name's Michael DeSanto, I'm the writer / director of the upcoming independent film "Max Anderson, Private Eye" and I'm looking for an artist to help me finish the poster art for the film. Everything's already put together in Photoshop, you can see the mockup here: [link]

Basically what I need is for someone to take the photos of the actors and paint / Photoshop them in a hand-painted 40's film noir style, similar to these posters:

[link]
[link]
[link]
[link]

The final poster will be a one-sheet, 40" tall by 27" wide at 300 dpi, and will be modified for use as the DVD cover artwork. All I need are the character drawings, the rest I can finish myself. If anyone's interested, please contact me and we can discuss payment and other details. Thank you!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsannamy:
sannamy Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Professional General Artist
Some of my works.

note me if you are itnerested
:iconasylum-artefacts:
Asylum-Artefacts Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013
I've done paint overs of actors for feature films, for make up design and posters, I'm confident i can produce the noir style your looking for, I'd be interested in this project for sure.
:iconunrealsmoker:
unrealsmoker Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
hello, my name is bramasta aji from indonesia, i've been working as freelancer for almost 4 years..
my gallery is [link] and here is some sample:

if u are interested, please email me at unrealgraph@yahoo.co.id

regards
MichaelDeSanto Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013
Thanks everyone, I have someone working on this for me now. :)
:iconpeculiarstate:
PeculiarState Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Aw, this looks like a fun piece! I hope it turns out well.
MichaelDeSanto Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
I'll add some more information here to better answer everyone's questions. All I'm looking for is someone that can redraw or trace over the existing photos in Photoshop or by hand to better emulate that 40's hand-painted poster style. Every other element of the poster is done (background and text layers), I just want to replace the photos with the drawings. And I'm not looking to spend more than $30.
:iconsebastianvonbuchwald:
SebastianvonBuchwald Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
Hey,

I'd love to do this for you. I work in a variety of different styles but I can come pretty close to what you're looking for. Here are some samples of my more painterly stuff:

Feel free to send me a note if you're interested and go here [link] for details on how I like to handle the commission process.

Regards,

Sebastian von Buchwald
:iconemuzin2:
Emuzin2 Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
i am interested in doing this
Add a Comment: