Teen book - 10 b/w inside illustrations and 1 book cover

I need someone to do black and white illustrations for inside the book. They need to be clean outlines, and be teen oriented (interesting). Its just a classic story about a girl around 10-12 years old, growing up in Iceland capital Reykjavik.

The cover needs to be very attractive, with good teenage feeling. I can provide the colouring seperately if artist doesn´t do good colours.

You can let me know if you are interested.

The budget for these illustrations (mostly black and white) is 170 USD.
Comments41
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Hi.My arts are mostly in black and white.I thought I should give it a try.Commission is available right now,[link] you're interested,please reply this comment or send me a note if necessary.Thank you^^
here's the right link,sorry . [link]
Hi,I'm interested,this is my blog if you want to check it out- [link]
Hi, I'm interest, I have long time experience doing commissions as free-lance artist (traditional art, digital art, comic pages, illustrations, designs, etc), here're some examples of my work:

In case you want to contact me you can either drop a note or my email me at:
yuuko.kitten@gmail.com

Thank you
Some of my works.

note me if you are itnerested
I'm interrested in this job if it's still up. But please, if you like my style, could you give some more informations about it?
Here you can see a bit from my style: [link]
Thank you!
Hi, I'm interested, here is the link to my gallery --> [link]
Thank you.
Really interested ,my portfolio here [link]
I'd be interested in this! Here are some examples. I am interested in doing the cover as well. Will you be providing exact specifications for each picture? If you like my style, please note me with more details. ^^

Hello,
i am interested in your job offering.
1 will like to introduce myself , i am a professional digital artist ,
I am currently working as fulltime freelance digital artist here as i have
just lost my job. i hope i can earn some little amount from here till i get
a new job. please support me by commission me. thank you.

I am holding a promotion of 3 artwork and you will get a free one on any of the catalog.

The following is the example of work i have done latest.

This are the very basic price and sample for above item

50 USD [6000 point]( usual price 70usd )( 3 Quarter Body / with simple background )

100 USD [10000 point]( Full Body / with simple background )

(new and popular style!!)

200 - 250 USD [20000 point - 22000 point] ( Full body of up to 2 character / plus detailed work and background )

This is the Video Reviews of my latest commissioner.

Testimonial from my Commissioner!!

<da:embed profile="youtube" id="ZjBIU_Zw_xw" width="500" height="284">
<da:embed profile="youtube" id="a2BD7p7GJpA" width="500" height="284">
<da:embed profile="youtube" id="Ghz0nxNNs8s" width="500" height="284">

Please contact me at digitalmake@hotmail.com or note me here for more detail of my service.
THANK YOU.

Regards,
DIGITALMAKE
Hello! I'm interested.
Here's my info: [link]

Hope to hear from you! :D
I would like to contribute cover art for your publication.

Bio:Eleanor Leonne Bennett is a 16 year old internationally award winning photographer and artist who has won first places with National Geographic,The World Photography Organisation, Nature's Best Photography, Papworth Trust, Mencap, The Woodland trust and Postal Heritage. Her photography has been published in the Telegraph , The Guardian, BBC News Website and on the cover of books and magazines in the United states and Canada. Her art is globally exhibited , having shown work in London, Paris, Indonesia, Los Angeles,Florida, Washington, Scotland,Wales, Ireland,Canada,Spain,Germany, Japan, Australia and The Environmental Photographer of the year Exhibition (2011) amongst many other locations. She was also the only person from the UK to have her work displayed in the National Geographic and Airbus run See The Bigger Picture global exhibition tour with the United Nations International Year Of Biodiversity 2010.

eleanor.ellieonline@gmail.com
www.eleanorleonnebennett.zenfolio.com

Thank you very much for your time.

Kind regards,
Eleanor
I am interested if you like my art style :)
I am interested in the assignment, please send the full information to jeanblansa@gmail.com ...
Hello Im interested
how many B&W pages are you looking for?
Im mostly interested on the cover, as I think my work on color is at a better level
get back to me by note if you like
I understand you may have other ideas. But I make a offer, and its a free market. Often I get some people frustrated about the art not earning enough money. I do understand, I am a artist myself. But the material I am working with, doesn´t support higher payments. So this can be viewed as opportunity for artists to get started. If they find better payd jobs, that is great, but this is option for some...

I search for people who aren´t working on professional level yet, but like to get opportunity to work on material like this.
This particular job, isn´t necessarily very detailed. Its B/W artworks. And artists have different styles. Some may be quick, other may take long to create artwork that can suit me.

Please use your time to search for other options that better suit you...
I am workin in amarket with total of 300.000 people. So this is what I can offer. I see many artists offer black and white illustrations for 10 USD. Its much less work then colouring. And yes, then there´s the cover. I guess it could be around 20 ours yes. I often pay 30 USd per illustration when colours, but black and white is less.
Well, I might regret this, but let me explain the whole issue to you.

First: You didn't even define how detailed you want your illustrations to be. You simply said "black & white illustration", which can be anything from this: [link] to this: [link] - to reasonably estimate the amount of time one would need to put into the work you might at least give a little more info about what you're looking for.

Second: Yes, there are people who work for very low prices. But please consider several things about that: Firstly, there's professional artists and there's hobbyists. If hobbyists decide to earn a few bucks on the side and don't want to get an appropriate rate per hour, that's okay for them - but in this case, don't expect professional quality.
Second, have a look at where these people come from. You are from a rich European country, would you go to some poor country and work for around $100 a month? No? Then don't expect artists from the western world to work under these conditions. Do you think it's okay if corporations from industrial countries like yours go and produce their stuff wherever it's the cheapest to avoid higher costs? Well, you're doing exactly the same.
And one more thing, if an artist offers an illustration for $10 it doesn't mean he offers the rights to redistribute it. You want the right to make money from another persons art - and yes, the cover sells the book for a huge part. Don't compare that to private commissions which are there to be hung on walls and nothing else.

And yes, there's still more: people go to art schools or study for themselves for years to be able to produce quality art. It's not a talent you get born with, it's a profession you have to learn to make a living from it. You're effectively showing that to you the work of a dedicated artist isn't even worth as much as people get paid to wash dishes. This is just disrespectful. If you call a plumber because you need him to fix your toilet, you won't cry to him about your financial situation, either, because you see that he simply needs to get paid properly for his work. Why is this different for you with artists?
I can see your style is detailed, and very nice. It would cost more, I realise, but I am not looking for such artworks for this project. And even when I do, I cannot pay more then about 30-40 USD per page. Many are very happy to get such jobs, but those not, I dont´start sending them "besserwisser" mails and telling them they should, I just expect them to reply to other threads in this forum...
I wasn't trying to talk you into paying enough for my work. I just think it is important to spread awareness that producing quality art, no matter in what kind of style, is a job that should be compensated in a reasonable matter, at least covering the spent time in an appropriate way.
You see, there are crappy paid jobs in any industry and there are poor people who are willing to grab for any straw, but that doesn't make the people who offer the crappy paid jobs the good guys; in fact they are the reason why the poor people have to work for such little money. You simply contribute to artists not being able to live on their work. I just thought you weren't quite aware of that and wanted to point out the connections, because I think especially a published author should give beginners a somewhat fair payment. And by fair I mean at least something around 7USD per hour - an establish professional charges around ten times as much.

Talking about 30-40 USD per page is something new, btw. Counting every illustration as a page would make 330-440 instead of 170. That's a slight difference.
However, if you really think you pay enough, with all the background knowledge I thought you wouldn't have according to your previous comments, I'm certainly not the person who's going to change your mind :) So nevermind, just go on.
I normally pay 30-40 USD per page, but normally I use colour. Now I am asking for black and white illusrations now, which some artists can create in about 10 hours I am sure. So they pay will not be high, but it may be okey as a sidejob. I myself, who isn´t veteran illustrator, can easily draw a black and white page in 1 hour (probably less). So the pay here could well be around 12 USD per hour. Not very high, but that´s what I can offer ot someone who´s making black and white illustrations for these inside pages.
View all replies