Card Game Hiring Artist(s), Chibi/Vector/etc...

Hey! My name is Sky Copeland president of Fishagon! Fishgon is an independent gaming company that develops traditional card and board games (with some touching around video games).

We are currently hiring for our new card game Solar in which we will need an artist (or artists if their styles are extremely similar) to create 24 pieces of artwork, 1 character on each, which will include them their weapon or magick and some type of armor or clothing of course.

We made the mistake of hiring a 16 year old vector artist as an attempt to give him a break into the industry and out of doing free work for Adventure Quest Worlds... seems he liked doing free work for them more than getting paid from us.. In the time we employed him we happened to get three pieces made from him.

[link] [link] [link]

If you can make artwork similar to his vector work and make it matter we'll hire you for 21 instead... if you can make it as a chibi or a style you think would show these characters justly please comment links to your samples.

I will NOT pay for partial work, you'll get paid for all or you'll get paid nothing. I will not take the risk I did with the previous artist again. This will be published for commercial use and by doing this work you are selling me the rights to it, which means you are not allowed to give it out to others or to sell it to other companies. You may however post it to site like DeviantART and include it in your portfolio.

You will be given advertisement on Fishagon's website, name on all the cards, and some of the pieces may be put on a silent auction at CoastCon 36 (which will also result in bonus profit for you, my way of saying thanks for the hard work.)

How much will you get paid? Idk... how much do you think? Post your price either per character or complete set along with your sample.
Comments32
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
hello, my name is bramasta aji from indonesia, i've been working as freelancer for almost 4 years..
my gallery is [link] and here is some sample:

if u are interested, please email me at unrealgraph@yahoo.co.id

regards
Hi, my names Adam

Would love to help you out with this, and Id be happy to work with you on prices. Here are some
links to my work. Thank you for any consideration.

all the best, adam

[link]
[link]
[link]
You can take a look at my gallery :)
Here is my portfolio: [link]
Check me out

[link]

Note me if interested
Hello. My name is Jessica McGahen. Below are some examples of my work.

An older example of one of my characters in a cell-shaded style.

I tried to show my style in a similar format to the example pictures.

An example of the level of detail/style I typically work in.

Thank you for your consideration!
Hi Sky,

My name is Bill Harkins and I'm interested in working with you! You can view my online portfolio here: [link]

If you think I would be a good fit, email me at bill@harkinsart.com or through a private message here on deviantart.

Here are some samples:
I’m interested, please check my portfolio for reference at:

[link]

Or my full gallery at:

[link]

My price rates are at my journal:

[link]

Pm me so we can talk about details, Thanks.
As per your given details we are very much interested to work on this project. We are able to reach your desired level. Our performed services are, Special Image Effects, Website/Software development, Animation, Audio/Video Editing and so on.
This is our portfolio [link] and also few samples link:
[link]
[link]
[link]
[link]
[link] (Flash Banner)

Waiting for your positive feedback.

Regards
Marketing Team
www.creativeers.net
Hello! I`m freelancer artist with long experience. I did more that 500 commissions and external designs.

Please take a look to my art:

[link]

-Also I`m available for Manga/comics projects:

*If you request me more that 15 pages you get an special discount*

Contact me via private note or to my emai:

vanu_sama@yahoo.com.ar

Thanks and have a nice day!
sky ignore evertying azu says. she is one of the MANY deviant art trolls who think its their personal obligation to educate you and make every post her business.
Hi, I'm very interest, I have long time experience doing commissions as free-lance artist (traditional art, digital art, comic pages, illustrations, designs, etc), here're some examples of my work:

:

In case you want to contact me you can either drop a note or my email me at:
yuuko.kitten@gmail.com

Thank you
Interested, check my gallery.
I am interested but have also had experience being scammed so I would like to get half the pay before starting work. here are some examples.
Semi-realistic work:

Anime work:

Hi, we are very interested. We have professional artists working on fulltime positions here. We've worked on WoW's official cards, Marvel's as well as cards for the most popular card game on iPhone, Rage of Bahamut. Though they are in very different style, I'm very sure we can continue with your exist style.
Please feel free to drop us an email at service.robekka@gmail.com for further discussion.
Note sent.

Video Intro: [link]

We have a number of artists with a variety of specialties. Visit [link] to see examples of our work. E-mail creativity at heavycatweb dot net if you have questions.

I have sent a note with info.
Hello! I'm interested.
Here's my info: [link]

Hope to hear from you! :D
Back-end pay is highly discouraged here. There needs to be some sort of upfront pay or like half now half later type of thing. I'm very sorry you got scammed before, but its no different for us artists. We risk the possibility of the client running off without paying us and losing countless hours and hours on nothing so our risk is even greater. It is even recommended by DeviantArt guidelines for artist to NEVER accept work before pay type of deals.

It is recommended you pay upfront or half now half upfront with a contract. You are buying something after all, you don't take an item from Walmart and pay for it later.

I apologize for the way an artist scammed you on behalf of artists everywhere. Not artists are like this. A lot of us work professionally with enthusiasm, dedication and dignity.
I agree any artist or buyer worth their salt (and also including to dA guidelines on commissions) knows artists are entitled and should ask for half of the fee up front and have the second half done upon completion.

It minimizes losses on both sides as much as possible. There will always be chancers/scammers though.
Extremely unprofessional. I made the mistake of giving my art to a company that will not pay and that has now stolen my art.
I'm slightly confused lol, I'm not sure if you mean I'm being unprofessional or that back end pay is unprofessional
Sorry, I was replying on my phone and meant to reply to the original post. Fishagon hired me giving me a deadline half a month away. They're now mocking me and telling me they're going to use my art and there isn't anything I can do about it, and because there was no contract that they didn't have to pay for an incomplete set of work they aren't paying me. So getting involved with this company is a bad idea. They have 0 funding, and no customers.
We've had plenty of sales Justin, You never asked about any such thing and it seems now you are butt hurt there are people more than willing to replace you and that will get paid. So please, if you would like to keep slandering my company's name I will take legal action against you ^_^ And still you talk like I have plans to use your artwork which is extremely confusing... do you see the people applying here? They all have better artwork than you... Of course I'm only going to use the work of the person that gets hired and paid for it, that's how this industry works. I'm not going to use your three pieces, nor am I going to pay for them. Now please, grow up and do like you say on twitter: Past -----> Future.