Closed to new replies
December 24, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 10

ruff penciler needed.

:icontimshady73:
timshady73 Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012
Hello I'm Tim Hagans from Twilight Star Studios. I am in need of artist who would interested in doing some rough pencil layouts( I will tighten pencils and ink) for a comic book I am writing (any artist rough pencils will get credited as penciler,I will be credited as inker/writer). The book is a anthropomorphic cowboy western with an Asian twist. Issue #1 is already written cover artist is ready to start, just need pencil layouts for inside panels. I can't afford to pay but I can give comp copies (10 comp copies), it would give you some great exposure. You can even sell the comp copies at cover price(3.99 ) and make a profit. Check out our studio at www.twilightstarstudios.com let me know if anyone is are interested.

thanks, Tim Hagans

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

timshady73 Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
Hey, any thing I offer is always up for negotiations nothing's is set in stone. Again I apologize for the thread. Saying my offer is not serious is a downgrade. If anyone does not like my offer and don't want to negotiate a more profitable deal then don't respond to my thread its as simple as that. And btw layers do work for free sometimes, I think they call it pro bono.

Can anyone tell me how to contact the mod so I can have this thread removed? These comments are becoming redundant.
:iconazupantsu:
AzuPantsu Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
Sorry the job offer forums are for serious paying jobs only. You should take a look in the project forum :) You will have better luck finding people to work for free!

Project forum: [link]

Feel free to ask a mod to move your thread! :) :[link]
Sorry, it was late when I posted the thread and neglected to read the rules for the forum. Btw just because a job does not pay does not make it any less serious than a paying job.

Again I apologize for the thread,

TimShady
:iconhardrockangel:
Hardrockangel Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
"You will gain exposure" is not a serious job-offer.
Would you tell a lawyer to take on a case for "the exposure"? Would you tell a gardener to do your lawn because you'll pay him with "word of mouth"? :confused:
Sorry not the same but thanks for the comment
:iconhardrockangel:
Hardrockangel Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
It is the same, though explaining this to you seems to be a wasted comment. :shrug:
:iconaurynpub:
AurynPub Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
Actually, yes, it is the same thing. As a fellow illustrator, I would think you would understand why this is not a serious offer. I've done work for no pay in the past, and it has in no way whatsoever advanced my career beyond the fact that I added an extra illustration or two to my portfolio, which I could have done on my own anyways. There is no guarantee of exposure and even if there were, you should still offer some sort of payment. Even though you're asking for work that is relatively simple, it still takes skill. That skill should be properly compensated. Now, if you were to offer a permanent paying position for future project, or at least royalties, or if the book was being published by a major company, then I could see that as a more serious offer. I'm not trying to degrade your project (for all I know if could be the greatest thing ever), but your offer is not very great. Good luck.
Let me just say this and I'm done. Check out our website all the books we have done for the past three years are 70 percent was done by great artist that had a passion for their work and did it for comp copies not monetary payments so yes it is a great offer. Our site was design and maintained free of charge. Sorry if you can't see past money but some of us do love art and I have done it for free myself a time or two. Www.twilightstarstudios.com tell me we ain't serious!
:iconaurynpub:
AurynPub Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
Like I said, I'm not degrading your project. I'm sure you do in fact operate a serious company and produce good work. I'm not going to go to your website because regardless of how your company operates as a whole, this particular offer is not a serious one. Yes, a lot of people produce art for the sake of producing art, myself included. But at the same time, bills have to be paid and you can't do that simply by potential word of mouth. I'm tired of people thinking that they are offering something "great" when in fact they are not. There is potential to what you're asking for, yes. But if it's so great, why don't you pay for the work upfront as a work-for-hire agreement and then recoup all the back end profits entirely for yourself? There's a lot of people who would probably do this work for very very cheap. If you cannot offer even a small payment, it looks unprepared and unprofessional.
:iconjackcrowder:
jackcrowder Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Seconded.
Add a Comment: