Details

Closed to new replies
December 21, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 16

Website Header Image?

:icontourq:
Im helping a friend start up a personal website, and he has a very specific idea for its header image. The image that Ive linked to (below)is a simple concept piece done in Paint, but were looking for something with a bit more quality.

The basic concept is that the author of the blog stays up late at night to do his writing, and his dog sits near him. We like the idea of the header being a silhouette, with the stars above the house. Also, the title, Past My Curfew would need to be in the image (top left?).

Finally, he wishes for there to be several different versions of this image (perhaps for each season or major holiday). That way he can switch to a Christmas-themed holiday in the Winter, a Halloween-themed header in the Fall, and so on. Im not sure how many different versions, but I imagine four, five, or six.

So, were looking for something with higher quality than the image that Ive referenced, but perhaps still with a bit of a fun, cartoony quality to it.

Thank you for your time.

[link]

Devious Comments

Thank you to everyone who replied to our inquiry. I have to say, I love Deviant Art and all of the artists here! After looking at everyone's galleries and links, a few of you have styles that fit our needs, and have been noted.

Thanks again!
:iconbytheoak:
ByTheOak Jan 10, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
I'd be interested. Here's my portfolio: [link]
I know my gallery is very different from what you posted, but I would be able to do it.
:icontvlookplay:
tvlookplay Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
nice work! :O
:iconbytheoak:
ByTheOak Jan 10, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
Thank you!
tvlookplay Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
i wonder if you ever looked at it, since i deleted.... i uploaded again. this was done fairly fast just to show that im able to do this kind of thing. [link]
:iconwilsoninc:
wilsoninc Dec 28, 2012  Professional Interface Designer
Hi there, please check my dribbble gallery here: [link] and email me at g.wilsoninc@gmail.com for more samples. Thanks in advance and I hope to hear from you soon; happy holidays.
tvlookplay Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
noted.

compensation?
:iconnheblue:
Nheblue Dec 22, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Hi, I'm interested, here is the link to my gallery --> [link]
Thank you
:icondotlineshape:
dotlineshape Dec 22, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
hello! I'm interested
Here's my examples of my work
[link]
Hello, and thank you for responding to my inquiry about a website header design. I'm sorry about not contacting you earlier (work and life stuff). We've had several artists respond to our inquiry, but only a few of them have galleries that match our style (yours included). This note is going to three artists.

I'm looking for a header image about 1,000 x 200 pixels (it could be up to 1,000 x 300 if needed). It needs to portray a man sitting at his computer, late at night, with his dog (a Golden Retriever) sitting near him. We also need the website's name "Past My Curfew." - The writer of the website does all of his writing late at night, and he loves his dog. We simply want to portray this somehow with the header image.

Originally, we had thought to show the man's house as a silhouette (with the moon and stars), but we are open to other ideas. Here is a link to our very rough concept image.

[link]

The owner of the site recently became open to skipping this idea in favor of a closer (more detailed) shot of the man at the computer with his dog. At this point, we're open to ideas and concepts of yours and other artists. The overall tone of the header should be light-hearted, happy, and good-natured.

Another thing: ultimately, we would need a few different versions so that they can be switched out throughout the year. They would all look similar, but have differences to show seasons and/or holidays. For instance, there might be the regular image, then an image that shows that it's Halloween, then an image that shows Christmas with snow, etc.

I am asking a few different artists to send one or more concept pieces. We would like to see a variety of concepts from different people, ultimately going with the one that fits our style the most. All artists will receive $30 U.S. via Paypal just for their concept image(s). If you have more than one idea, please send all of them in (still only one payment of $30, though). After looking at the different concept images from each of the artists, we'll narrow it down to (hopefully) just one artist. If we can't, we'll do another round of refinements for $50 more.

In the end, the artist that nails it will have earned a total of $250. This will be for the main header, and the extra headers that have been altered to show the different seasons (probably 3, 4, or 5 total images).

Images can be sent directly to me at stuffershack@yahoo.com , unless there is an easier way to do it through DeviantArt.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing back from you.
Add a Comment: