Need a book cover for fantasy novel

Hey folks. I have an historical fantasy novel ready to publish this February, but the last thing I need before I do that is a book cover. A small blurb about the book follows, but I want to start off by saying I want something subdued for the cover. The tone of the book is dark, REALLY dark, and the fantasy aspects are downplayed at first, so I'm looking for something that plays to the emotional aspects of the story, rather than the more fantastical elements, though we don't need to shy away from those either.

If you're interested, contact me here and let me know your rate. Not looking to pay a ton for this, but I'm comfortable with competitive rates.

Book overview:
Sanctuary is a fantasy story, but it's set in an historical setting - 9th century Britain.

The main character is a young priest named Daniel, who finds himself caught up in a war between an angel and a demon. The book starts with him witnessing what he thinks is a miracle. His village is attacked by raiders, and a single warrior shows up and drives them away. He follows the warrior, named Arkael, in an attempt to discover more about him, but he loses him shortly after. The rest of the book is an attempt by Daniel to both find Arkael again, and to discover details about the cryptic 'war' he mentioned while they were together.

After a number of twists and turns along the way, Daniel discovers that certain people have been 'tainted' by the demon, causing them to act out in dangerous ways. But he learns he has the ability to heal that taint, and his desire to learn more about that power leads him to a woman named Avaline who has a similar ability, but is being used by a cruel sorcerer to help create an army for the demon. Daniel swears to protect Avaline, and after being reunited with Arkael, they confront the sorcerer, and stop his army, but at a great personal cost. Daniel, after spending the novel trying to find his purpose in life, vows to take the fight to the demon.
Comments15
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
i think i might have some nice images in mood you mention for this cover . Maybe one will fit for your cover .. but probobly not . Then i just hope my gallery will show you i am skilled and can create what you look for.
Here is my gallery
[link]
I have also portfolio with some publicated work of mine but i would prefer to send it over PM .

Best Regards,
Marek
dave-holland-art.com

Please check out my website and let me know how to earn your business. My email is davehollandart@gmail.com. Kind regards,

Dave H
Your book sounds very interessting!
Here is my gallery: [link]
and my website: www.celairen.de
sounds great.
here are some samples of my work:

Read through what you posted, think its what I do. I work in book cover art, fantasy and fiction. I am a traditional painter, and can turn the art into usable images for packaging and print use. If you are still looking at artwork samples let me know and I can send you some to view. Primary E-mail is thirteenseriesgraphicspaint@msn.com
Hi, i've sent you a note.
Note sent.

Video Intro: [link]

We have a number of artists with a variety of specialties. Visit [link] to see examples of our work. E-mail creativity at heavycatweb dot net if you have questions.

Hi kriskramer, I'd love to do the cover for you. Feel free to look through my gallery here on da and my online portfolio here [link]

Sample works:

hello, my name is bramasta aji, i've been working as illustrator for many
development for over 3 years, i have so many style.

here are some samples:

if u want to contact me, please send email to

unrealgraph@yahoo.co.id