December 10, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 8

Need animator for pilot

:icondavid-3000:
david-3000 Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
Hello there

My name is David Herbert and I am the writer and producer for a fan made animated series based off the hit webcomic Misfile [link]. We've been given permission by the comic's original creator to create a pilot and so we would like to offer you a chance to help us put it together.

What we need is someone who can animate for us and bring the characters to life in our twenty minute pilot based off the first 39 pages of the comic. If you want to do your own storyboards, that'd be great, but we can supply our own if you would prefer.

If it does well, we can launch a kickstarter and get funding for the rest of the season. But for now, we're just focussed on making the first episode.

As for payment, for this episode we are offering $2500, paying $100 per completed minute and then the rest when the episode is finished.

If you are interested, just post a reply in this thread with a link to some samples and how you would like to be contacted. If we like your work, we'll get back to you.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconoraystudios:
oraystudios Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
We're interested, please check out our reel at: [link] . Please contact me at kobra(at)oraystudios.com if you like them. You can check our DeviantArt gallery for more artworks. Thanks!
:iconheavycat:
heavycat Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Note sent.

Video Intro: [link]

We have a number of artists with a variety of specialties. Visit [link] to see examples of our work. E-mail creativity at heavycatweb dot net if you have questions.

:iconeggowaffles:
Eggowaffles Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
I would advise if your going to shop this around to studio when its done, your better to have a solid 5-10 min pilot than a shitty 20-28
:icontiffa:
tiffa Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Yikes, 10 cents a frame for 2D animators... ouch! And FYI, comic panels =/= animation storyboards D= Hopefully you have someone else doing background paintings, effects and coloring with that.
:iconefrenrioveros:
efrenrioveros Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Professional Filmographer
hi, im interested. but budget was too low i think'. anyway you can e mail me at:: efrenrioveros@yahoo.com and we can talk about that. thank you
:icontestosteronman:
TestosteronMan Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Professional General Artist
The real price would be at least 1000$ per minute...
:iconcountess-studios:
Countess-Studios Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I can't speak for 3D animators, but for 2D frame by frame, a foot of animation which is 16 frames (24 frames per second), is between $200-400 per worker. And those jobs include rough animation, tie down, clean up, and colour, effects animation, prop animation, and a lot more- all of which can include multiple characters. Your initial payment covers so little of that it's barely worth it, unless you're looking to hire amateurs who are uneducated in the field and have nothing better to do than poorly done rushed work. Not even students like the above poster stated. Students who have practical knowledge and experience would only be ripped off by working on this project.

As far as I know from my 3D experience, it is just as time consuming, and the animation break down is done in a similar process to 2D. Not simply manipulating a model, which would also need to be built and properly rigged.

This should be in the projects section if you're looking for a partnership, because there is no way you can get a film that length in a timely manner with that amount of money. Because with the time it would take, your animator(s) would be busy with a real paying job, there's no way that your offer could support them.
:iconl3moon-studios:
L3Moon-Studios Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Professional General Artist
$100 per minute???..............

are you looking for quality and experienced for that?
or just plain beginners and students?

and what type of animation? 3D, flash or traditional frame-by-frame?
Add a Comment: