Detailed - look almost real character designs - fantasy knights in armor, dragons, etc $45 per!

I need character designs for a future graphic novel.
The characters need to look almost real, great detail in the armor. $45 per. For the first character payment is provided at completion, then the other 13 are paid 50% upfront.

Reply only if interested in applying, no other comments please.

Here's a sample look
[link]
Comments19
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Lol.
That's just sad.
I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they realize what they'll actually be getting for $45 per.

I could do that in Painter 12, and I could do it faster than most because I have that program, but that still doesn't mean you get to charge anywhere near $45 for that level of quality.
unrealsmoker's from Indonesia. Cost of living's a lot lower over there compared to many places around the globe. Such are the disadvantages of the global marketplace.

-Ash
$40 for that kind of quality is too low no matter where you're from. Raise your standards. :)
You're preaching to the converted, bro. I pay more than that for black-and-white half-page illustrations. I'm just saying that people from poorer countries can and will undercut first-world artists, and a lot of commissioners take advantage of that.

-Ash
Forum Closed -- Hired unrealsmoker, thanks for all the responses!
If you don't want people responding you need to contact a GM. People never read to see when something is closed here
lol ok thanks.
Your example is 20-30 hours of work, minimum.
Hired unrealsmoker, thanks for all the responses!
I would if it wasn't as intense, but unfortunately I would be getting pennies for the amount of time it takes. I know looking at a picture takes no time, but to actually do a high intense piece, you're looking at AT LEAST a weeks worth of work.
Yeah, i just seen the example... that's hardcore stuff for a $45 pricetag. Standard practice is always half up front, half upon completion. Always.
Note sent. Thank you for your time. :)
Also I'd suggest giving a look over at conceptart.org They have true professionals who can give you such quality...But be warned if you try pulling the "$45" for each drawing you will be pretty much a joke to them.
"This is also a skilled professional you are looking for, dont pay him pennies or you're not going to get what you are looking for."
While you may not like "other" comments ,this is a public forum and other artist/clients will comment when something is off.

Which in this case...You want someone to draw highly detailed people in highly detailed armor for 45 each? That is extremely low and I can almost guarantee you won't find an artist at the level you want for that price.

Also you method of payment is VERY suspicious to me and to deviantart. As you can see here [link]

A side note: Do not hand over artwork until you (the artist) has received payment for the work. Place watermarks or identifying symbols/lettering on all of the sample images you send, and never send final-sized documents that can be easily stolen. Once you've been paid for a certain bit of work, then it's okay to hand over the files. If any client questions this method, then their integrity is equally questionable.

It is understandable if you do not wish to do a bulk buy all at once if it seems as though the artist may not be able to do it. But you cannot expect someone to spend hours working on a drawing on a simple promise of payment. You really have to have a contract and must pay something upfront. Like DA even says themselves... If any client questions this method, then their integrity is equally questionable.
You want drawings like that for $45 each? Sorry but you'd be lucky to find someone at half that skill level to do it for that much. You might want to increase your budget a bit or wait until you can save up some more.

Also the first characters payment is provided upon completion. You're basically asking all artists to take a gamble on you not running off with the art piece. Even according to Deviantart guidelines, NEVER do any work until the artist has received payment for work, whether it be full or half. They even go on to say " If any client questions this method, then their integrity is equally questionable."

Also this is a public forum, saying "no other comments please" will not stop artists from warning other artists.
Very interested...noting you in a minute...
-Chris
edboomstick@gmail.com