December 8, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 31

WANTED: Top Pro Colorist

:iconbarneybluepants:
barneybluepants Dec 8, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
WANTED: Top Pro Colorist Needed.

Please read all before posting. If you are not a (top professional colorist), do not post here. I'm only interested in the best of the best. Send me a (note) only so I can see samples of your work. You'll mostly be doing pin-up style comic book characters. One character with or without a background. Right now I have one image that is fully colored but done incorrectly and it needs to be fixed. I'm looking for a top pro colorist to correct some problem with this image. I pay through PayPal.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

Okay, to make it easier to know and understand what I'm looking for, click on this [link]. Those are (my favorites) in the (Browse Favourites) art gallery from my D.A. page. There's 12 pages to browse through and some of the art style and coloring looks the same -- not all, but some. That is the style of coloring that I'm looking for. Thanks!!!
:iconendless-ness:
Endless-Ness Dec 8, 2012  Student Filmographer
Here's an idea; why don't you ask the artists from your favprites if they want the job >__>
Already did. Most are too busy working for Marvel, DC, etc.
My point exactly. Think about it, what does that tell you?

You are a typical case of *unrealistic expectations*. How many artists who have worked for DC or Marvel sift through the Deviantart job offers, looking to make a buck on the side? None. I'm sorry buddy, but who do you think you are? What makes you think a Marvel artist would jump at the opportunity to color your drawings? "Oh look, Barneybluepants wants to hire me! Now *that's* something I'll be able to put in my portfolio!" said no one >__>
There are tons of great professional level colorists here, but it is simply unrealistic to limit your search to artists who have worked for DC or Marvel because those people are not looking for work, and frankly buddy, it makes you sound like a douche.
Hmmm, sounds like someone is having a bad day. LOL Actually, I'm on a waiting list for some of my stuff to be colored by at least one top colorist who I'm sure can color circles around you. Now play nice or go home. :)
:iconazupantsu:
Although he was kinda rude he is right. Though what worries me more is your response. You want to act professional with someone you're going to hire right? Bad talking other peoples art is not professional in any way and is actually quite childish. Why would any professional want to work with you if you're going around insulting peoples art?
That person started crap with me, and they got crap back. It's as simple as that. No one should take that kind of crap. I can be a very nice and friendly person, but you know what? I just paid a colorist to color one of my B&W images and he totally messed it up, and he got paid too. So I'm a little upset with not being able to find a top pro colorist right now. So please forgive me.
I get plenty of nasty remarks and comments repeatedly on my art. Thats when you have to be the bigger person and ignore it/reply in a professional manner, because it reflects poorly on you. Meanwhile if you reply in a professional manner, it only hurts the person further who is trying to start crap with you. Rather everyone thinks he's a childish idiot than both.

Also I can understand the pain of having something done for you and it didn't turn out, but that is still no reason. Each client/artist is on an individual bases. You can't look at all artist like that just because one let you down. Its the same with us. Sometimes a client tells me he has 100x good references but that means nothing because they are not MINE.
(2 Replies)
Well good for him, I was never interested in the job from the start anyways. By all means continue to ignore every single person who's commented on your forum post as of now. They only want to give you advice, it's *obviously* not worth listening to right? :)
Instead of being rude, give him the advice and move on. If he doesn't want to take it, it's his loss not yours.
Add a Comment: