Metal band looking for cover artwork/layout [PAID JOB]

Thank you for reading this topic!

We are a BLACK METAL band based in the Netherlands and for our upcoming album (second release) we are looking for an suitable artist to collaborate in our own personal madness.
At this stage we are already in contact with some established artwork artists, but i would like to give this forum a try.

So what are we looking for?
Well..the new album is called "shade or shadow" at least that's how it translates from our own language, so we'd like a dark and morbid but yet very mystique visual concept around that.

What we are looking for in an artist is someone who is already naturally fascinated by morbidity, death, the occult, Theïsm;, mysticism and darkness in general
Has a great sense for detail;
Likes to work with pale colors (not overly bright);
Can work with traditional pen and ink / paint, however if you think you can submit a beuatiful digital landscape by all means post it.
Can work with deadlines!

We are not the standard black metal band who wants satanic imagery, upside down crosses or other kinds of uninspirational crap.
We see artwork as a very serious thing, it should perfectly match the vibe of the music!
Your art will be released on a medium sized label in 1000 copies + an additional vynil release as well as T-shirt design if the concept fits well.

The job pays 250 euro's or 315 USD
Deadline is 1 march 2013

recent music: [link]

Cheers for reading! Now let's see if we actually got some raw gems with insane talent on this board here! :)
Comments27
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
i think i got just a thing for you i made recently
[link]
or
[link]
or maybe as you mention landscapes that will be nice
[link]
but from descritpiton i think first one i show you fit better .. but those are not my limits and if you would choose me to create something for you i would be very happy to do so.
Here is rest of my gallery maybe
[link]
Hope you will take a look at few pages. I heard i create in this rather dark mod so maybe i have already created somethign perfect for your cover .

Please send me note if interested and i will be happy to send my portfolio with some publications.
Check me out

[link]

Note me if interested!
Ik zou jullie graag mijn werk willen aanbieden.
Neem even een kijkje in mijn gallery of jullie vinden dat mijn stijl past.
Ervaren met zowel CD covers, boek covers en DTP werk, naast het werk wat ik hier op de website plaats.
Ik ben Nederlands, dus ook lekker makkelijk voor communicatie.

Met Vriendelijke Groet,

Suzanne
would you mind putting your e-mail up? I got some artwork related to that, but I haven't put it up online for personal reasons. I think it has a lot to do with what you need. feel free to send me an e-mail as well - art@andremeister.com

thanks
I'm sending you guys a note.
Wow the response is a bit overwhelming, i will try and get back at each one of you, i still need to check at least 20+ gallery's, but will get to that asap after the workday is over, appreciation goes out to all who have responded sofar!
I'm very interested in this offer. I've just sent you a note with some informations and examples of my works.
Interested,my gallery here: [link]
Hi,
i'm interested, check out my gallery, browse through every page just to get the full idea of what i do [link] . Thanks.

Cheers,
Darko
Hello, i have experience with different types of design.Here some samples of my work:

E-mail me at: kika1983@abv.bg
for further contact.
Kika

If you like my style, I want to hear more about what you like me to paint. :)
I'm interested, please check out my gallery [link]
Hi,very interested,note sent and feel free to check our gallery.
Thanks!
Fun! You can check out my work to see if it is interesting to you.
Hello, I'm an illustrator/concept artist who loves working in pen; I also enjoy dark/surreal imagery so your project sounds awesome. Here are some examples, colour can be added also:

Let me know if you're interested, here or at loucksls@gmail.com
Phew. After your last post, I'm not entirely sure whether you'll find my art serious, but I'd like to give it a try. I'm a fantasy illustrator from Germany, my personal interests lie in darker and paler motives, but you'll find some brighter ones in my gallery, because customers wanted it that way.
However, my interests match with the things you listed and I've been listening to several kinds of metal at least 10 years.

Here are some examples you might find useful for judging my work:

Though this is more (character) illustration than conceptual / atmospheric work, I'd really love to give it a try, if you like my overall color use and style. As for conceptual landscapes, I can work with traditional media, too.
I'm interested, so I shall link you my portfolio ( its quite bare as I'm giving it a fresh upheaval.

janebarrie.daportfolio.com/

You say work with traditional, but I am quite obviously a very digital artist, so it really depends on what you are after.

Anyway, I hope to hear from you, with either a yes or no, and I wish you luck! There is a lot of crazy talent on DA! I'm sure you will get what you are after.

Jane
Sorry jane nothing suits what were after succes!
Ok let's get this sorted right away for Interested artists!

Gallery's linked full with cartoony crap, personal photoshopped pictures, shit with flowers and what the fuck not, will not land you a job, not today and not tommorrow; We are looking for SERIOUS artists!!! With a SERIOUS and good looking gallery! some random pictures will not do!
just send you note, hear back from you. thanks!