November 30, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 10

I want a WEBSITE !

:iconwhothefuckisrembroo:
WhotheFuckisRemBroo Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Professional General Artist
Hi all,

I want to make a professional web page for my comic art.
My first comic will be published at Image comics in January, and I would like the site to be a good point of information for by comic art as well for my illustrations and animations.

I want something SPECIAL for this though.
So, can you do something similar to:
[link]
?

just imagine the layers are going to be frames of comic art.
I will provide all the layers, backgrounds and even the tabs, so all the graphic elements.
Just need someone to pack them and make it work smooth.

Please write here, sent me a note or even better write me an email at:
remus_83 at yahoo dot com
with Boris Vian in the title (great author by the way)

Please give me links to show me that you can handle creating this kind of special site (I want originality here, not boring templates that I can do myself), a price and timeframe. Also, to see that you have read everything so far add the word 'cat' somewhere in the message/note/mail.

I will responde back to all that give all the informations I've requested in this job offer.
Thanks!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmoofactory:
moofactory Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
That's not even taking into account that kind of website would have a $2000+ tag on it.

Wonder what the op budget is.
:icongraphicscove:
graphicscove Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Professional General Artist
I like how the original poster has discarded all of the helpful suggestions as 'unnecessary'. You'll just get told the same thing by the person you hired if they're professional and serious about what they do. If not, run a mile or you'll end up with a terrible website! Seriously, take on some of the suggestions here or else you'll regret it.
:iconwhothefuckisrembroo:
WhotheFuckisRemBroo Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Professional General Artist
Thank you all for the unnecessary comments and for not actually reading my whole post.

I've found the right guy for this job.
Good luck
:iconblankboxcomics:
BlankBoxComics Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Ought you to rather be thanking people for giving you some free - and very pertinent advice?
:iconthomasvandijk:
thomasVanDijk Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
You really don't want a website like that. The moving items will distract your readers from finishing reading the comic

You should look into WordPress for publishing comics. There's even some free web comic themes around for it. They make publishing comics really easy (the only hard part is drawing). The free comic book themes I know even have some customization options.

My advice is to take the WordPress.org package with your own paid hosting. WordPress.com has free hosting, but you can't use the webcomic theme.
:iconwezenbeesje:
wezenbeesje Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Professional General Artist
Hello, I know someone who has a content management system. It's a website system where you can make anything with very easy. For example, you can create an album in just a few seconds and fill it with pictures. Or just a normal page.

Some examples: [link], [link], [link]
It's very nice to work with. The layout is a bit difficult, but you can get help with that. Should I contact this person?
:iconspeckartstudios:
speckartstudios Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Professional Interface Designer
interested. ill email
:iconaryaink:
AryaInk Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Professional Interface Designer
That sort of thing it totally doable keeping in mind the loading aspect, if the developer couldn't/didn't do it correctly doesn't mean the concept/idea itself is rubbish, like others have pointed.
Email me to discuss on the aspects of concern in the design and other things.
Meanwhile have a look at my portfolio.

Links are below.
:iconcolorist-octaviamoon:
Colorist-OctaviaMoon Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
I would like to say that the Boris Vian site you linked to is HORRIBLE. From the point of view of the web user it made my eyes hurt (I couldn't focus on anything)...it's too busy, hard to work out and, in order to navigate to any information, you have to click three times and wait for a load screen...arrrrrgh!!!

Really, you are unlikely to get many 'casual' web visitors to stay on your site if you copy this design format...they will click on it, see it and leave. No matter how well it's done.

I build my own websites (and for others) but I'd refuse to build this on the above grounds - take my advice and don't do it :)
:icondwolv:
dwolv Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Student Digital Artist
that's a cool idea...
though I warn you to inform your web developer to make sure loading speed is much better than that sire
Many users won't appreciate that and it'll effect SEO
Add a Comment: